Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Squad - The List

vCash
    Michael Wells:

A hard grafter in the Matt Hodgson mould.

Not flashy but very effective.

Can tackle see these three big hits from this season and last:

Tackle on JOC

Tackle on our own Pasitoa

Bryan Gatland last year

At 1.9 m and 103 kg this 90 odd capped super rugby player is a very solid signing

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Wider Training Group:

Name:  FVLtdZGWAAAOqyN.jpg
Views: 2136
Size:  56.1 KB

Good to see the next Mataele in the group, good sign to hang onto the "family" moving forward.

Really liked what I have seen of Poolman.

From the Force website

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Wallaby Folau Fainga'a signs with Western Force
    Tue, 28/06/2022, 6:58 am
    Nathan Williamson

Wallabies hooker Folau Fainga'a has signed with the Western Force and Rugby Australia until the end of the 2024 season.

Fainga'a has been a mainstay of the national side since making his debut in 2018, playing 25 games for his country, including the 2019 Rugby World Cup.

Don't miss out! Purchase your tickets for the Wallabies' three-Test series against England
    The 27-year-old has been a key part of the Brumbies' success, including the 2020 Super Rugby AU title, looking to replicate that with the Force.

“I’m super excited to re-sign with Australian Rugby and to join the Western Force from next year," he said in a statement.

“They’re a team that from the outside, looks to be heading in a really positive direction and I’m looking forward to working with the coaching staff over there in 2023.

“Right now though my focus is here with the Wallabies and preparing for what’s going to be a really tough series against England which kicks off this weekend.”

“Folau’s re-commitment to Australian Rugby is a positive one," Wallabies coach Dave Rennie asserts.

“A strong scrummager and excellent thrower, Folau’s been a consistent feature of our team over the last two seasons.

“He’s a popular member of the squad and the most experienced rake in the country which makes him an important part of our group moving forward.”

This comes just 24 hours after fellow Wallaby Feleti Kaitu'u and Jack Winchester re-signed with the WA club.

GM of Rugby Matt Hodgson believes his experience will be vital for the young squad and showcases their ambition to be one of the premier sides in Super Rugby Pacific.

“Folau is a player who brings a wealth of experience at Super Rugby and Test level with the Wallabies," Hodgson added.

“To have secured two Wallabies hookers in our squad is a sign of great progress for the club and signals our ambition for the years to come.

“We’re really looking forward to seeing Folau working alongside Feleti (Kaitu’u) and Jack (Winchester) over the next two seasons.”

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/wallab...-force-2022627

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Worst kept secret, however great to finally have official confirmation.

I suspect while probably not the same as Tatafu Polota-Nau from a charater point of view, I beleive the impact on the team and its performance will be close to the same.

A strong scrummager and mauler he will make an impact and I cannot wait to see him in blue.

Welcome to the west Folau.

Name:  FWS2ClIWYAEdimI.jpg
Views: 1651
Size:  42.1 KB

vCash
    So he's signed with us for 2 years. That's better than the one year that was being bandied about.

vCash
    Weirdly the article in todays West Australian written by Nick Taylor says it's a one year deal.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Sadly I think it is only currently a one year deal to the end of 2023:

Name:  Screenshot 2022-06-28 112324.jpg
Views: 1589
Size:  32.6 KB

Next season lets make him feel so at home that he does not want to leave

vCash
    That's 18 signed so far including Chase Tiatia today

vCash
    What a signing, have a look at this 2021 video to get a close up on the man:

Chase Tiatia

and something to whet your appetite from this year:

Watch from the 3:50 mark

Hurr v Chiefs April 2022

vCash
    I think Mark Ozich sums it up in Nick Taylors artile in the West:

Chase brings excitement and X-factor,” Ozich said.

“He’s a player with strong versatility and a rugby brain that can play effectively across the backline.

“His ability to see and create opportunities, as well as beat defenders with the ball in hand, are all major strengths he will add to the squad.

“He’s a high energy and team-first character which aligns perfectly with the Force and how we go about our work.

“This is a great environment for him to grow as a player and showcase what he can do on the Super Rugby stage.”

Read More

Exciting back three Mataele, Pulu and Tiatia for next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Exciting back three Mataele, Pulu and Tiatia for next year
    His highlight reel shows him with 13 on his back at least once, Since there's a gaping hole there, I'd think it's more likely to be

11 Pulu
    12 Kuenzle
    13 Tiatia
    14 Mataele
    15 Strachan

(perhaps Tiatia and Mataele swapping)

We REALLY need an experienced THP

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    His highlight reel shows him with 13 on his back at least once, Since there's a gaping hole there, I'd think it's more likely to be

11 Pulu
    12 Kuenzle
    13 Tiatia
    14 Mataele
    15 Strachan

(perhaps Tiatia and Mataele swapping)

Speculation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

Preferably two.

Wait for it........

vCash
    Will Sankey re-signed for two years
    Ryan McCauley re-signed one year.

Two good lock ins:

Name:  FXqf06oVEAAG0vY.jpg
Views: 1359
Size:  91.9 KB

vCash
    The Western Force has secured its lock stocks, with Ryan McCauley and Will Sankey signing new deals to remain at the club.

McCauley joined the Force in 2021 and has become an important member of the second row having made 24 appearances over the past two Super Rugby seasons.

Having gained English Premiership experience with Exeter City during the previous off-season and enjoying consistent game time this year, the 25-year-old former Junior Wallaby has brought his game to a new level in 2022.

The 203cm lock can’t wait for the 2023 season to get underway after penning a one-year deal.

“I’m very grateful to re-sign and be able to stay at the Force for another season,” McCauley said. “It’s exciting to have Simon Cron join the club, as we’ve worked together before. I know the skillset he brings to the team, and I think he’ll complement the squad nicely.”

“I’m keen to continue developing my game here and give back to the Force, who I’ve grown to love during my time here.”

Fellow towering forward Sankey made his Super Rugby Pacific debut in Round 8 this year. The qualified carpenter heeded the call to join the Force while plying his trade.

Having previously played for the Canberra Vikings in the National Rugby Championships, 24-year-old Sankey has put pen to paper on a two-year contract after impressing in his three appearances during the 2022 campaign.

“I got a taste of Super Rugby this year, and I’m stoked to be involved with the Western Force for a couple more years,” Sankey explained. “I was on site as a carpenter when I got the initial call about potentially playing for the Force, so I grabbed it with both hands. It’s been a lifelong dream of mine, so it’s been great that it’s worked out the way it has.” “I’m hoping we can play some consistent rugby and climb the ladder. I’m ready to do my part and work hard for the club.”

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast