Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Highlanders v Force 12/05/2022

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    With respect Volvo. I don't think giving the younguns a run in a full Super Rugby match, or even off the bench is the best idea.

Its all well and good to see these players performing in Club Rugby week in week out. But you cannot compare Super Rugby to Club Rugby they are completely different animals.

My main question is this. If Tim Sampson and his Coaching Team along with Hodgo and his Management Team thought these young fella's were ready. Wouldnt they have had a run already?

The other thing I'd like to add is that the Coaching and Management team has a responsibility to the Team Partners, Sponsors, and members. To put the best team on the paddock each and every week.

Not only that it would be totally disrespectful to the Team we are facing on the paddock.

Anyway just my thoughts. I am sure I am wrong, I usually am these days.
    X., I totally would have agreed with you before this weekend but now our final hopes are dead and we need to be looking to the future. We have also gotten absolutely hammered anyway the last couple of games with our more experienced team. Unfortunately we also don't have an NRC and we need to be giving these young blokes an opportunity to prove themselves. I don't mind still having some of the more experienced guys playing but somone like Ralston, who has not been good and is not here next year, might as well be replaced with a youngster who we need to blood like Makara or Tapine.

P.S, I am not saying put an U20s team out there. Of course still have some of the older guys out there like Kahui, and Thrush, and Fergus etc... but some players after the last couple of weeks don't deserve their spots and we need to start blooding for next year's team.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by volvo; 15-05-22 at 13:31.

vCash
    Given our first team with a bunch of guys that will be leaving next year are getting embarrassed and looking like their hearts aren't really in it, I think it's definitely time to give some youngsters and others a go. If we don't, why would they bother staying. You're not going to make it as a pro if you get no game time. Better off heading north like a lot of others already are.

Would be great to see a team like this:

Wagner
    Kaitu'u
    Holmes
    Pugh
    Rodda
    Anstee
    O. Callan
    Masibaka
    Macdonald
    Pasitoa
    Mataele
    Kuenzle
    Makara / Poolman
    Lacey / Tapine
    Strachan

Robertson
    Winchester
    Abra
    FLW
    L. Callan
    Prior
    Parata / Macgregor
    Kahui / Poolman / Makara

We've also got 3 games in quick succession I think, so going to need to spread the load. Give the extended squad a go on the weekend, then pick the performers to aim for the most possible win against Moana Pasifika

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Do we know who are leaving next year besides Kyle and FLW?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    From memory:
    Medrano
    Mcintyre
    Ralston

Would think Thrush, Holmes and Kahui might be considering retiring / moving properly into coaching also.

Would also think one of Winchester and Ready will be moved on to make way for Fainga'a

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    From memory:
    Medrano
    Mcintyre
    Ralston

Would think Thrush, Holmes and Kahui might be considering retiring / moving properly into coaching also.

Would also think one of Winchester and Ready will be moved on to make way for Fainga'a
    Surely it would be to keep Winchester.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah, no point keeping Ready.

It'd be interesting if mandatory vaccination changed- would Timani come back. I'd also like to know if Jake Ball was Aus eligible for a reason other than residency 10 years back. He won't have played for Wales in a while with the new eligibility stuff, it might make him available again. I'm not sold on McCauley.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    I hear that Sitaleki Timani has signed on with Toulon and good luck to him.
    These stupid Covid mandates in the workplace come at a cost.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    Now that we have no chance of making finals its time to let the youngsters have a go. Instead of playing Ralston and Godwin, lets give Makara or Tapine or Daniel Ala more game time. Lets start McDonald over Prior (if he is not out next week). Lets give Pugh or Masikeba some time off the bench.
    Looking at the incident, McDonald won't be suiting up for a couple of weeks.

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Looking at the incident, McDonald won't be suiting up for a couple of weeks.
    Who’s our 4th choice scrum half?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Now he has recovered from Covid, Gunny is next drop I am pretty sure

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Now he has recovered from Covid, Gunny is next drop I am pretty sure
    still have a couple of days iso remaining!

Champion
    vCash
    [QUOTE=chiraag;485991]From memory:
    Medrano
    Mcintyre
    Ralston

Rugby wrap boys said 12 players leaving

Player
    vCash
    [QUOTE=Jules;486003]
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    From memory:
    Medrano
    Mcintyre
    Ralston

Rugby wrap boys said 12 players leaving
    Wow! So another season where we will need to time for combinations to gel and players to get use to each other.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    As for Kahui, he will head to the Judiciary tonight after the Committee upheld the initial decision to issue the All Blacks legend a red card during their 61-10 defeat.

"Following initial consideration by the SANZAAR Foul Play Review Committee, Richard Kahui of the Force will appear at a SANZAAR Judicial Committee Hearing after being red carded for alleged foul play during a Super Rugby Pacific match at the weekend," they added.

"Kahui is alleged to have contravened Law 9.13: A player must not tackle an opponent early, late or dangerously, during the match between the Highlanders and Force at Forsyth Barr Stadium in Dunedin on 13 May 2022.

"The Judicial Committee for the Hearing will be Mike Mika (Chair), David Croft and Chris Smith which will be held by video conference on Tuesday 17 May 2022, 5pm(AWST), 7pm(AEST), 9pm(NZST)."

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/paddy-...d-card-2022516

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    As for Kahui, he will head to the Judiciary tonight after the Committee upheld the initial decision to issue the All Blacks legend a red card during their 61-10 defeat.

"Following initial consideration by the SANZAAR Foul Play Review Committee, Richard Kahui of the Force will appear at a SANZAAR Judicial Committee Hearing after being red carded for alleged foul play during a Super Rugby Pacific match at the weekend," they added.

"Kahui is alleged to have contravened Law 9.13: A player must not tackle an opponent early, late or dangerously, during the match between the Highlanders and Force at Forsyth Barr Stadium in Dunedin on 13 May 2022.

"The Judicial Committee for the Hearing will be Mike Mika (Chair), David Croft and Chris Smith which will be held by video conference on Tuesday 17 May 2022, 5pm(AWST), 7pm(AEST), 9pm(NZST)."

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/paddy-...d-card-2022516
    So did the Highlanders player who escaped with a yellow get cited? Considering that Kahui tackled a player who was dipping and stepping but the highlanders player tackled a player who was rising, surely they both meet the threshold.

Also the tip tackle later in the first half that was ignored by the officials and applauded by the commentators

Just looking for a bit of consistency

C'mon the

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast