Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Force v Crusaders 7 May 2022

vCash
    If we're going play like this- as in consistently gaining possession in the opponent's half and getting no tries- then it's time to start knocking over penalties and even snatching droppies. I always think of that 1999 RWC semi-final where Lamaison kicked drop-goals at certain points of the game to crucially keep momentum and keep the scoreboard ticking over so the All Blacks couldn't get out of reach.

When are the Force going to do something about ball-runners not hitting the ball at pace? Or what about the pack supporting the ball-carrier on his feet and driving him on a bit, drawing in a few more defenders before releasing the ball? This standing-start one-out hit-up stuff is never going to result in space for any creativity when it comes to try-scoring.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    So what did you think of the warm up game?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It appears that we are still making up the numbers in SR. We are going nowhere. As a member since the beginning it’s starting to where very thin. As a player I imagine it’s not much different. The idea, which I like, that we will end up with a home grown team is years away. We need to attract player from out off state now!
    I’m not sure I can warrant spending $…. anymore to have my weekend ruined. Some serious thinking needed

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Where the players come from matters not at all compared to the game plan. And I just can't see the Force winning much when they have so poor a kicking game. Putting aside the uncontested up-and-unders from their own 22 for the cheapest of cheap turnovers (God help us), the opposition tactics over the last three weeks have been pretty obvious - kick deep, secure in the knowledge that the Force will either just kick it straight back to the oncoming players, or more likely, pass it sideways at least once while everyone runs up before kicking it into touch for a gain of about 10 meters. Utterly predictable, and like fighting with one foot behind their back.

Thought Fines looked good though, although not sure his team mates were always on the same page. First time I've seen anyone make any intelligent use of the 50-22 as well, so credit to him.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Where the players come from matters not at all compared to the game plan. And I just can't see the Force winning much when they have so poor a kicking game. Putting aside the uncontested up-and-unders from their own 22 for the cheapest of cheap turnovers (God help us), the opposition tactics over the last three weeks have been pretty obvious - kick deep, secure in the knowledge that the Force will either just kick it straight back to the oncoming players, or more likely, pass it sideways at least once while everyone runs up before kicking it into touch for a gain of about 10 meters. Utterly predictable, and like fighting with one foot behind their back.

Thought Fines looked good though, although not sure his team mates were always on the same page. First time I've seen anyone make any intelligent use of the 50-22 as well, so credit to him.
    At least you got on TV though

Seriously though - there wasn’t a lot of positives or smart play on display to talk about.

Last edited by jono; 08-05-22 at 06:23.

Champion
    vCash
    Well new coach next year so they know changes need to be made. It will interesting to hear new signings etc when he arrives. I’m keeping the faith and will be there next year.

vCash
    So many 1-2 point losses to good teams has been tough to watch. But last night was about what I expected following the Sanders getting their colours lowered in Sydney. A couple of those close losses go the other way and we would also be about where I expected. We don't have the personell to go any higher - yet. New year, new coach, fingers crossed.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    My 2 bobs worth (not worth much), a couple of clear momentum shifts were when Kyle went off his feet in the first half, the kick out for touch in the second half from our own 22 with no pressure on whatsoever, a couple of plays later boomfa try to the crusaders. Pryor comes on and a few phases later attacking the line instead of clearing the ball straight away, waits for his usual few seconds as he's always done and Whitelock counter rucks, chance gonski.
    I'll say it again if we're going to be fairdinkum in future its high time to start playing some of these young blokes more. The young fellas out there actually looked pretty darn good when they took their chances and stopped trying to play to a structured gameplan.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    So what did you think of the warm up game?
    Who was that 14 for Pally. He had some fuel to burn

vCash
    I don't know him, but he was guy who played in Russia recently.

vCash
    The other thing that I thought was quite telling, crusaders completely ignored the middle ground in defense, it was as if they knew the Force weren't going to test them with short kicks to a contest. They had a couple way back to field the long kicks and everybody else in the line to stop the run.

A couple of grubbers through the line early in the game will get them thinking differently about ignoring that section of the pitch, which will, in turn, open holes for the ball players to put guys into space.

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    I don't know him, but he was guy who played in Russia recently.
    Yeah right anyway just watched the news and there is now such a thing as a roll up tv, what a coincidence.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    I must be slipping, or you are.

It took over 7 hours for you to bite, Westies man.

Anyway, roll up TVs are so yesterday.

We're now dispensing roll up laptops.

They're all the rage in Russia.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    I must be slipping, or you are.

It took over 7 hours for you to bite, Westies man.

Anyway, roll up TVs are so yesterday.

no wonder Neddies can't compete! lol

vCash

Featuring a full range of TV channels. TV1 Putin , TV2 Putnik, TV3 враньё and of course армия TV4.

I suspect TV3 could be roughly similar to Fox News and TV4 to the MSNBC cheer squad.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2