Thread: 2022 ANZAC jersey unveiled

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

2022 ANZAC jersey unveiled

Inspired by the ANZACs, the jersey features a soldier carrying an injured countryman on the battlefield to capture the spirit of mateship with the iconic commemorative red poppy.

Purchase your Anzac jersey here. https://memberships.westernforce.com...22-jerseys-967

The jersey was designed by renowned Western Australian military artist and former soldier Ian Coate.

Club stalwart Ian Prior said it was a privilege to honour the Anzacs in the forthcoming matches.

“It is a fantastic jersey, as it represents the respect, honour, courage, humility and mateship, which is so massive in both the military and sport,” Prior noted.

The jersey will be worn as part of the Armed Forces themed round against the Blues next Friday (29 April).

NOTE - I have contacted HQ as there are no sizes Medium to XL available and this is the first offering I have seen. I will post any response here. Good news for Ex though as the "Big Boyz" sizes are in stock.

Name:  1000.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  189.7 KB

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Inspired by the ANZACs, the jersey features a soldier carrying an injured countryman on the battlefield to capture the spirit of mateship with the iconic commemorative red poppy.

Purchase your Anzac jersey here. https://memberships.westernforce.com...22-jerseys-967

The jersey was designed by renowned Western Australian military artist and former soldier Ian Coate.

Club stalwart Ian Prior said it was a privilege to honour the Anzacs in the forthcoming matches.

“It is a fantastic jersey, as it represents the respect, honour, courage, humility and mateship, which is so massive in both the military and sport,” Prior noted.

The jersey will be worn as part of the Armed Forces themed round against the Blues next Friday (29 April).

NOTE - I have contacted HQ as there are no sizes Medium to XL available and this is the first offering I have seen. I will post any response here. Good news for Ex though as the "Big Boyz" sizes are in stock.

Name:  1000.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  189.7 KB
    I was at HQ this morning. They had a few boxes full of them

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Does the money raised from the sale of these jerseys go to any groups like Legacy or another charity dealing with Returned Servicemen or is it just a cash grab?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Does the money raised from the sale of these jerseys go to any groups like Legacy or another charity dealing with Returned Servicemen or is it just a cash grab?
    According to the Department of Veterans Affairs document found here

(caution - the link opens a 27 page PDF Document)

A Cash grab is illegal unless prior approval from DVA and/or a donation to a Veterans-based charity.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Apart from which, SANZAR, the AFL, NRL (and all organisations, I expect) always treat these matches with complete respect. They are some of the most anticipated fixtures on the calendar for players and fans.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Today’s email said 20 percent is going to Spinifex’s F88 fund.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    It seems that only a very small quantity has been done this year and last due to manufacture and arrival. I had a chat with Reece at HQ today to express my disappointment of missing out two years in a row and have suggested that I may not be the one feeling this way. I have suggested that if they propose to do it again next year that they allow members to Pre Order with Memberships or early in the new year to ensure that you can at least get one and also have the best chance of making as sizable donation as possible to the beneficiary. Try and keep in mind if completing any member surveys etc.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!