Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Force v Rebels - 8 Apr 2022

Senior Player
    vCash
    You cant win a game without a forward pack. Poor set piece and not enough grunt to get us over the advantage line last night. Yes our decision making was poor at the end but at the end of the day we struggled for large parts in that game because our forward pack was not firing. I think this is what has really killed us the past few games.

To finish off with positives, Bailey and Manasa had great games. I reckon we just need an abrasive 13 and we will have a good starting backline.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Lacey was also surprisingly good, and the Prior/Pasitoa combination looked far more threatening than what we've seen the last few weeks (unsurprisingly)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    You cant win a game without a forward pack.
    Stating the bleedin' obvious but can at least try to get the lead with 6 minutes on the clock when you get a rare penalty in great field position. Even if your set piece has struggled and you have to go conservative - if you back yourself. Better to die on your feet, as they say.

It's not OK if you run up the white flag, opt for 3 points and hope to make 60-70 meters in the remaining 5-odd minutes for a chance at winning try like you just passed up FFS. Or hope for further penalties from a ref who has pinged you all night because you couldn't build any dominance.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I also fail to understand why we take the 3 when we're a man up. It takes us so long to work our way upfield from our 22 after a restart before we're in a scoring position again. Got to be more ruthless when you've got an advantage and back yourself to score a try.

Player
    vCash
    There was so much wrong last night but 13 down and a below average first half was the catalyst . You will seldom if ever win with 40 minutes of rugby . This to me looks an unsettled side ….. too much negative news right now ?? Bayley Kuenzle fantastic a great prospect!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsetal06 View Post
    There was so much wrong last night but 13 down and a below average first half was the catalyst . You will seldom if ever win with 40 minutes of rugby . This to me looks an unsettled side ….. too much negative news right now ?? Bayley Kuenzle fantastic a great prospect!
    I cant talk for any of the players but it seemed from Tony Lewis's talk before the game last night that FLW is particularly having a tough time. By the sounds of it he does not want to leave but the money factor was obviously a big issue.

vCash
    As I posted in a different forum: Do we rise when we play teams like the Brumbies, or do we drag them down to our level? If we rise then why tf can't we rise when we play lesser teams, such as Friday night?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    As I posted in a different forum: Do we rise when we play teams like the Brumbies, or do we drag them down to our level? If we rise then why tf can't we rise when we play lesser teams, such as Friday night?
    I think we play better when we don’t think we can win.

Champion
    vCash
    Agree when we are favourites we seem guaranteed to loose! I hope the boys can lift this weekend. I think they and we need a win to restore some hope and stop all the negativity!

vCash
    Friday night was bitterly disappointing and there is no way to sugar coat, we should have been able to put a way the Rebels especially as they played a large portion of the second half with 14 men, however even more disappointing for me was the way the members treated and spoke to Tony Lewis at the pre-match talk.

I think we have reached the point of either being a "very ordinary" super rugby team, and possibly fading into extinction in the near future or moving to the next level up and surviving and thriving.

The outpouring of support and indignation that came with the news of the Tim Samson change, showed the heart of the supporters and their belief in all members current and past of the Force that get our backing and unwavering support each and every time they represent us either on or off the field. This has been the enduring force behind the Force, however, it is not sustainable in the current Super rugby series/ level and we would be better off as a NRC based side, where this love and devotion can find its rightful place, sadly this option no longer exists for us.

As a founder Force member since day one that has attended nearly every single home game since 2006, including friendlies, NRC etc I firmly believe that in Nicola and Andrew Forrest we have the supporters and backers who can take us to the next level to not only survive but thrive, however like any business that starts up there are many barriers and obstacles in the way and lots of pain to come, both from a personnel point of view and testing structures and options. I am sure that the way to achieve these goals will be through the processes and structures Tony and his team are starting to put in place and we need to be patient.

I was very disappointed in the treatment members gave Tony at the pre match talk, he did not deserve it, especially when he is trying so hard to make us a better organisation. (I will not even comment on the person moaning about the beer prices......).

Tony and the Force marketing team, I am not sure if you read these posts but if you do, I am sure I and many more of us stand behind what you are trying to achieve, and realise that some very hard decisions need to made going forward if we want to thrive and not just survive. Please carry on the great job you are doing you do have our support.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    I have really enjoyed Tony's pre-match sessions. But for a couple of reasons we have opted to go straight to our seats this year. I'm not happy to hear what Tazz has highlighted about his treatment. Pretty shocked actually. If anyone in the organisation had been poorly treated or serially so as we've seen in other outfots it might be understandable. That's far from the case. Totally professionally handled.

Get a grip whoever you were and remember where we were a couple of short years back FFS. I have faith in Hodgo & Co & pretty chuffed with what they've achieved so far.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I have really enjoyed Tony's pre-match sessions. But for a couple of reasons we have opted to go straight to our seats this year. I'm not happy to hear what Tazz has highlighted about his treatment. Pretty shocked actually. If anyone in the organisation had been poorly treated or serially so as we've seen in other outfots it might be understandable. That's far from the case. Totally professionally handled.

Get a grip whoever you were and remember where we were a couple of short years back FFS. I have faith in Hodgo & Co & pretty chuffed with what they've achieved so far.
    yeah,it is better to be pissed off,than pissed on-we are in an early stage of our development-but the team needs to concentrate on not giving away silly penalties,wspecially in the opening stanza!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Friday night was bitterly disappointing and there is no way to sugar coat, we should have been able to put a way the Rebels especially as they played a large portion of the second half with 14 men, however even more disappointing for me was the way the members treated and spoke to Tony Lewis at the pre-match talk.

I think we have reached the point of either being a "very ordinary" super rugby team, and possibly fading into extinction in the near future or moving to the next level up and surviving and thriving.

The outpouring of support and indignation that came with the news of the Tim Samson change, showed the heart of the supporters and their belief in all members current and past of the Force that get our backing and unwavering support each and every time they represent us either on or off the field. This has been the enduring force behind the Force, however, it is not sustainable in the current Super rugby series/ level and we would be better off as a NRC based side, where this love and devotion can find its rightful place, sadly this option no longer exists for us.

As a founder Force member since day one that has attended nearly every single home game since 2006, including friendlies, NRC etc I firmly believe that in Nicola and Andrew Forrest we have the supporters and backers who can take us to the next level to not only survive but thrive, however like any business that starts up there are many barriers and obstacles in the way and lots of pain to come, both from a personnel point of view and testing structures and options. I am sure that the way to achieve these goals will be through the processes and structures Tony and his team are starting to put in place and we need to be patient.

I was very disappointed in the treatment members gave Tony at the pre match talk, he did not deserve it, especially when he is trying so hard to make us a better organisation. (I will not even comment on the person moaning about the beer prices......).

Tony and the Force marketing team, I am not sure if you read these posts but if you do, I am sure I and many more of us stand behind what you are trying to achieve, and realise that some very hard decisions need to made going forward if we want to thrive and not just survive. Please carry on the great job you are doing you do have our support.
    I wasn’t very proud of the SOB at Tony’s talk, it seems there are those who have lost sight of where we used to be and where we need to go. Well done Tony for facing up to the critics & being so upfront. I’m a bit bemused by those who believe they should have been ‘consulted’ before decisions were made FFS! Tony was very categorical that RA ‘leaked’ the news (how surprising), otherwise it would have been less drama for all concerned. Likewise he mentioned Fergus being upset RA also leaked his signing. I think we need to leave the big decisions to the experts as part of the big picture instead of sniping which No doubt is also going to affect the players. And ditto Tazz - pretty selfish using question time to rant about beer prices!

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Pretty salty to hear that the self-obsessed cancer that's currently infecting the son Facebook group raised its head on Friday. I can't believe that people outside the organisation believe they deserve any say in a key appointment, it's arrogant and nonsensical.

For those who so strongly support Tim Sampson continuing, they need to answer the fact that Sampson carries the main responsibility for the performance of the team. Friday night, after the announcement that the coach is leaving, against a team well below is on the ladder and with genuine bad blood between the fan bases, if not the organisations themselves, was the perfect opportunity to prove the futility of the decision by ensuring the team produced a clinical performance and a convincing win.

The team produced neither, and could be assessed has having come nowhere since being readmitted to super rugby with a month's notice.

Any questions about the wisdom of the decision are surely answered by now.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    I missed the start of Tony Lewis' engagement, which is a shame, as I quite enjoy the insight he provides.

His comments showed the obstacles faced within Super Rugby franchises regarding Wallabies top ups and how much it influences teams. I think he said when we took on the Brumbies it was basically a $7.5M v a $5.5M team. There needs to be something to address the wallaby top ups, they are there to retain certain players not necessarily to a certain team. RA should look at having each team being given a certain amount of Wallaby top up payments. Those players and their agents will chase where the dollars are if they want to stay in Super Rugby and play for Wallabies.

I also wasn't happy to hear about Medrano and the "Cheika gun to the head" to go play in the NH. It's pretty disappointing and shows another obstacle being faced.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast