Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Force List 2023 speculation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Exciting times, waiting for the names to drop especially the two we had so far this week.

10 current squad members till to re-committ or just for us to be told.

11 left or retired, of which 4 outside replacements have already been named.

That makes at least seven to come from pathways or outside ....
    Checking TIF's list thread, I count 28 names in the current list (including unsigned who haven't stated a release) therefore we would have minimum 2 maximum 7 coming from outside the current full contract group to make a full squad (that's assuming the squad is 30-35 players)

Unsigned but still listed are
    Lloyd
    Robertson
    McAuley
    Stander
    McDonald
    Kuenzle
    Makara
    Tapine
    Ala
    Pulu

Without them signing we have
    2 Props
    3 Hookers
    3 Locks
    4 Backrowers
    2 Scrumhalves
    2 Flyhalves
    0 Inside Backs
    2 Outside Backs

Our big holes are at Tighthead, Inside Back (although I reckon Kuenzle and Makara are just waiting to be announced) and Bench/injury cover.

I think we need to have, as a priority

2 x Tighthead
    Sign McAuley, Kuenzle, Makara and Pulu
    Find cover at 10/15
    Fill a bench with quality players

with 18 contracts being announced or rolled over, we're in for an announcement a day for quite a while IMHO!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Brynard is not coming back

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    That's sad as he he has given lots to the Force but you could see this season age was starting to catch up with him.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    That's sad as he he has given lots to the Force but you could see this season age was starting to catch up with him.
    I think it's been nine years he's been with us and I don't think I've ever seen him take a backwards step. Great club man and I wish him all the best if he moves onto pastures new.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    I wonder if he's staying in Aus or heading back to SA. Did he take citizenship? The sort of person you'd want to stick around.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    I wonder if he's staying in Aus or heading back to SA. Did he take citizenship? The sort of person you'd want to stick around.
    He got his citizenship recently.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash

vCash
    A decent all round backline player with a decent boot.

In a recent interview Simon Cron intimated an outside back was returning to Australia to the Force, so sounds likley.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Cannot get behind The West Paywall, however it looks like Bryce Hegarty is on his way with another big signing due this week as well.

Western Force snare experienced utility back Bryce Hegarty, more to come as they build for the future .....

Bryce is a solid pick up IMHO excited to see who the big name may be....... SIO?

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Yup looks like it is Sio

Name:  Screenshot 2022-07-05 120435.png
Views: 598
Size:  93.4 KB

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Yup looks like it is Sio

Name:  Screenshot 2022-07-05 120435.png
Views: 598
Size:  93.4 KB
    And maybe Rona apparently.

vCash
    Not overly fussed about Hegarty - would see him more as squad depth than a likely starter.
    Sio and Rona would be very good gets however.

Rookie
    vCash
    Western Force snare experienced utility back Bryce Hegarty, more to come as they build for the future
    Nick Taylor
    The West Australian
    Tue, 5 July 2022 11:35AM
    Western Force have signed well-travelled and experienced utility back Bryce Hegarty on a one-season deal as they build for next year.

The Force, who have been active in the player market, expect to have Wallabies prop Scott Sio on their books before the end of the week and are looking at bringing homegrown centre Curtis Rona back to the club.

They have already signed former Brumbies and Wallabies hooker Folau Fainga’a, Chiefs flyer Chase Tiatia, Rebels back-rower and captain Michael Wells and second-rower Jeremy Williams from the Waratahs.
    Hegarty, who plays full-back or fly-half, is currently with English champions Leicester Tigers.

It is hoped he will be in Perth by November but he could arrive earlier if he secures a release from Leicester who will make a decision when their international players return for pre-season.

Force head of rugby Matt Hodgson said: “Bryce fits the match day bench player perfectly.

“To have him finish out a game would be unreal.

“He’s very experienced and in his time in Europe has improved his knowledge, his game strategy and plan.
    “He’s the sort of player that can come in and pick up the game plan very quickly.

“He will take pressure off (fly-half) Reesjan Pasitoa.

“He will support him, be a body to talk with so he will not feel under pressure of another young guy coming behind him.”

Hegarty made his Super debut for the Rebels in 2013 and played for the Waratahs and Reds where he made his 100th Super appearance in their 2021 Australian Super Rugby championship winning season.

He has had spells in Japan with Toyota Shuttles and Black Rams Tokyo.

Former Brumbies prop Sio had talks with the Force when he was in Perth with the Wallabies for Saturday’s win over England.

He is set to sign a one-year deal, with a Wallabies top-up, that would take him through to the World Cup.
    Former Force outside centre Rona, who has three Wallaby caps, is currently with English premiership club London Irish.

He has two years left on his contact but has asked for an early release.

“He is exploring his options,” Hodgson said.

“Our name is out there but we want him to get the release before we go hard at him.”

Rona was born in New Zealand, moved to Perth when he was eight, played for Wanneroo and WA junior representative sides.

He also played junior rugby league in WA before joining NRL sides Sydney Roosters, North Queensland and Canterbury Bulldogs and played for the junior Kiwis and New Zealand Maori.

He moved to the Force in 2016 and made 14 Super appearances. When the club was axed he moved to the Waratahs before heading to London Irish three years ago.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...ture-c-7396842

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by SlowCooked; 05-07-22 at 13:24.

vCash
    Although he isn't the marquee name I was hoping for Bryce Hegarty will provide a mentoring input to reesjan.

Glad to see hodgos considering him bench not start.

Fingers crossed for sio and Rona.

C'mon the

vCash
    Rona has been top of my wish list for a long time. He answers the 13 question and then some. I've watched most of Irish's outings this year and he's either MoM or thereabouts every week. At 30 he's still got plenty in the tank.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast