Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Force List 2023 speculation

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oxleymoron View Post
    There is a strong rumour circulating that Ox, Mrs Ox and two mini Oxs will be in Perth for the 2023 season and beyond
    There is a Mrs Ox?

I remember a Sister Ox - but this is outstanding news. Congratulations.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oxleymoron View Post
    There is a strong rumour circulating that Ox, Mrs Ox and two mini Oxs will be in Perth for the 2023 season and beyond
    That or the bloke I spoke to a week ago dumped his car in the wrong place.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Who is Ox?

South African prop???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin77 View Post
    Who is Ox?South African prop???
    Def SA, not sure exactly what position he plays

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Def SA, not sure exactly what position he plays
    IIRC these particular oxen originated in Mexico, which may partly explain their record-breaking frequent flyer accumulations. In fact at least one of the original "herd" may still reside there.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by shasta; 11-07-22 at 14:48.
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Lol

C'mon the

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    IIRC these particular oxen originated in Mexico, which may partly explain their record-breaking frequent flyer accumulations. In fact at least one of the original "herd" may still reside there.
    i think that species is a little smaller than the rest

Player
    vCash
    McCauley and Sankey re-signing is great news.

vCash
    Cannot get behind the The West Paywall, however it appears that Paul Tito is leaving the coaching team.

Western Force boost second row stocks, lock-in Ryan McCauley and Will Sankey, forwards coach Paul Tito leaves ......

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Rookie
    vCash
    Western Force boost second row stocks, lock-in Ryan McCauley and Will Sankey, forwards coach Paul Tito leaves
    Nick Taylor
    The West Australian
    Fri, 15 July 2022 12:54PM
    Western Force have boosted their second-row stocks with Ryan McCauley and Will Sankey signing new deals with the Super Rugby club.

McCauley who joined the club in 2021 has made 24 appearances and spent the last off-season with English Premiership club Exeter Chiefs.

The former junior Wallaby said he was looking forward to working under new coach Simon Cron.
    “It’s exciting to have Simon Cron join the club as we’ve worked together before,” McCauley said.

“I know the skillset he brings to the team and I think he’ll complement the squad nicely.

“I’m keen to continue developing my game and give back to the Force who I’ve grown to love during my time here.”
    Sankey was working as a carpenter and playing for Canberra Vikings when he was called up last season, making his debut in round eight.

Sankey, who has inked a new two-year deal, said: “I got a taste of Super Rugby this year and I’m stoked to be involved with the Western Force for a couple more years.

“I was on site as a carpenter when I got the initial call about potentially playing for the Force so I grabbed it with both hands.

“It (Super Rugby) has been a lifelong dream of mine so it’s been great that it’s worked out the way it has.

“I’m hoping we can play some consistent rugby and climb the ladder.”

Meanwhile forwards coach Paul Tito has left after one season at the Force.

Tito, who replaced former Fiji national coach John McKee, has returned to New Zealand National Provincial Championship club Wellington.

A replacement is expected to be announced when Cron arrives next month.
    https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...ves--c-7528888

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    so,where is McDonald going to?

Rookie
    vCash
    Western Force thank and farewell departing players
    Mon, 18/07/2022, 5:25 pm
    by Western Force Media

The Western Force would like to extend their utmost gratitude to all departing players for their commitment, passion, and hard work during their time with the club.

Brynard Stander, who has enjoyed nine seasons with the club, bids farewell after playing a significant role within the Force since making his debut in 2014.

With 89 caps to his name, including appearances in Super Rugby (74), World Series Rugby (7), Global Rapid Rugby (8), and the National Rugby Championships, Stander has forged a reputation as a powerful player with determination and heart.

Having made his debut for the club back in 2012 and playing 81 times for the Force over eight seasons, capped Wallaby and WA product Kyle Godwin has joined French Top 14 side Lyon. Godwin began his rugby journey with local side Associates and has gone on to enjoy a fantastic Super Rugby career, with the centre making his 100th Super Rugby appearance this season.

2020 Nathan Sharpe Medal winner Fergus Lee-Warner has joined English Premiership side Worcester Warriors after five seasons and 49 appearances for the Force. Lee-Warner brings an end to his journey with the Force having played an important role in the club’s resurgence since 2018.

Hooker Andrew Ready is moving on from the Force after earning 39 caps over four seasons in Western Australia. The front rower made his debut in 2019 against the World XV at HBF Park and made his 50th Super Rugby appearance during the 2022 season.

Homegrown winger Brad Lacey is moving onto a new chapter after five seasons with his hometown club, which he grew up supporting. Brad lived out his professional rugby dreams playing 27 times for the Force, with his pace and skill on the wing providing many exciting memories for the Sea of Blue.

Argentinian international Santiago Medrano has joined Lee-Warner in making the move to Worcester Warriors. The prop joined the Force in 2021 and has been a skilful and hard-working member of the front with 28 caps for the club.

Winger Byron Ralston has signed with Irish side Connacht, who play in the United Rugby Championship. Ralston scored the Force’s first try back in Super Rugby competition in 2020 at the SCG against the Waratahs and played 24 times for the club after joining that same year.

Jack McGregor will also depart the club after five years and 22 games for the Force. McGregor, along with Stander, Lee-Warner, Lacey, and Ralston, played a part in the club’s maiden National Rugby Championship title win in 2019.

Fly-half Jake McIntyre is returning to France with Top 14 side Perpignan. The Australian back joined the Force in 2021 and went on to earn 22 caps with the club.

Western Australian scrum-half Michael McDonald will be starting a new chapter. The Palmyra player made his Force debut in 2019 and made six Super Rugby appearances for the club.

Each of the players listed below has been, and always will be, a part of the Force family and history. Everybody at the Western Force would like to thank them and wish them every success for the future.

#117 Brynard Stander – 89 Western Force caps

#93 Kyle Godwin – 81 Western Force caps

#161 Fergus Lee-Warner – 49 Western Force caps

#184 Andrew Ready – 39 Western Force caps

#165 Brad Lacey – 27 Western Force caps

#202 Santiago Medrano – 28 Western Force caps

#192 Byron Ralston – 24 Western Force caps

#183 Jack McGregor – 22 Western Force caps

#210 Jake McIntyre – 22 Western Force caps

#187 Michael McDonald – 6 Western Force caps
    https://westernforce.rugby/news/west...layers-2022712

https://westernforce.rugby/news/godw...ns-end-2022426
    https://westernforce.rugby/news/leew...arriors-202244
    https://westernforce.rugby/news/medr...arriors-202246
    https://westernforce.rugby/news/rals...ns-end-2022315

Player
    vCash
    Lot of good players going. Particularly disappointed with FLW and McDonald.

vCash
    Prior over McDonald…. the mind boggles

Backward step 😔

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    The bulk of the names were already confirmed earlier in the season.

Stander and McDonald are the only newly confirmed names.

From my understanding of recent reports McDonald declined a call up to the Australia A tream as he sees a potential international future more likely overseas, therefore not a Force decision.

The replacements that have been named to date are as good, if not better, therefore the team is moving in the right direction.

A reminder of some of the confirmed new signings:

Falau Fiangaá
    Chance Tiatia
    Michael Wells
    Bryce Hegarty
    Jeremy Williams

Assuming remaining players from last year are about to re-sign, we now need to lock in:
    Tighthead prop
    Centre (Hopefully Rona)
    Eighth man
    Scrum Half

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast