Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Force List 2023 speculation

vCash
    A fair coup signing the captain of another franchise, but hope we're not paying too much for him at all. A solid backrower, but not really the big bopper we need. Would say I'm more excited by Anstee, Koteka and Callan

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    Yeah we do need a number 8 but was hoping for better. Not much of a step up from stander really and only 3 years younger. I guess depth is a good thing and hopefully this is just the entree to some bigger signings
    Solid performer, with a bit of mongrel, and those 3 years make a difference.

Wells has performed well this year and IMO showed good on-field leadership.
    Brings a lot of experience to counter the loss of the older players.

vCash
    When you get a number 8 from wish.com

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Solid performer, with a bit of mongrel, and those 3 years make a difference.

Wells has performed well this year and IMO showed good on-field leadership.
    Brings a lot of experience to counter the loss of the older players.
    Yeah good point I guess that is the key, we have lost a significant amount of leadership

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Michael Wells:

A hard grafter in the Matt Hodgson mould.

Not flashy but very effective.

Can tackle see these three big hits from this season and last:

Tackle on JOC

Tackle on our own Pasitoa

Bryan Gatland last year

At 1.9 m and 103 kg this 90 odd capped super rugby player is a very solid signing
    so he likes smacking little blokes?

Only shit stirring, I think we all saw how thin we run at 8 and I think any genuine option to start at 8 is a good signing. I am a bit concerned about his lack of ability to find a solution to the Rebels' suckiness early in the season, he seemed pretty despondent and lost in post match interviews, but all in all, I'm not unhappy to see a genuine starting 8 signed. We could probably do with yet another backrower so we don't have to run the risk of using locks in the backrow again.

C'mon the

vCash
    Didn't want to derail the Australia A thread - but Cron is off his head if McDonald isn't offered a new deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Didn't want to derail the Australia A thread - but Cron is off his head if McDonald isn't offered a new deal.
    Hmmm, I don't think we can make that call quite yet. If McDonald and Prior are BOTH shown the door and replaced with stronger options I would argue that he's not necessarily insane, but ditching McDonald who is on the cusp of a career in favour of Prior who is likely to have one contract left in him would seem to be a poor decision.

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I would have also said that if local players are to be ditched, it needs to be for players that are both better and as likely to remain long term. The Force seems to turn over half the team every year, which just buggers any hope of developing a style of play or culture. Australian teams in general, but the Force in particular, seem to constantly be rebuilding because it gets ripped down as fast as it gets built. There never seems to be a stable end point, and ideas of emulating the exemplars of the sport may all be hopeless delusions the way the teams are operated.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Maybe the spot will go to Reece Anapu?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Posters and Admin: Please can the above posts be moved to the specualtion thread.

This is a confirmed signing departure thread.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    According to a poster on GAGR;

Force have signed Brumbies academy player Pat Maka until 2024

Senior Player
    vCash
    Western Force players on the move as new-look Super Rugby squad starts to take shape
    Headshot of Nick Taylor
    Nick Taylor
    The West Australian
    Sat, 18 June 2022 4:22PM
    Nick Taylor
    The Western Force are hopeful of keeping Michael McDonald.
    The Western Force are hopeful of keeping Michael McDonald. Credit: Paul Kane/Getty Images

Western Force full-back Jack McGregor and hooker Andrew Ready will not be back for the next Super Rugby Pacific season.

Meanwhile, young scrum-half Michael McDonald is set to make a call on his future.

The former junior Wallabies captain, who is not in the Australia ‘A’ squad for the Pacific Nations Cup, also qualifies for Ireland.

He is looking at both international options but the Australia ‘A’ camp deny McDonald was ignored because he had not made a decision on which path he wants to take.

Being capped for Australia ‘A’ would rule him out of representing Ireland.

The Force, confident of keeping McDonald, already have Australia’s fastest No.9 Issak Fines-Leleiwasa and are set to announce stalwart Ian Prior on a new deal.

They have also added junior Wallaby No.8 Pat Maka from the Brumbies to their top-tier academy.

McGregor joined the club five years ago from the Melbourne Rebels for Global Rapid Rugby.

The former Australian schoolboy, under-20 representative and NSW schoolboys captain, announced his departure on Instagram.

“After five years with the @westernforce it’s time to say goodbye,” he said.

PERTH, AUSTRALIA - MAY 07: Andrew Ready looks on during the round 12 Super Rugby Pacific match between the Western Force and the Crusaders at HBF Park on May 07, 2022 in Perth, Australia. (Photo by Paul Kane/Getty Images)
    Andrew Ready has left the Western Force. Credit: Paul Kane/Getty Images
    “Grateful I got the chance to live out my dream in Perth and met a bunch of friends who now feel like family. Been a wild ride since day one. Excited for some time back home.”

Ready, who has also been with the club since GRR, also took to social media to confirm his departure.

“End of another chapter,” he said.

“What a memorable 4 years I’ve had here in the Wild West!”

Three international veterans, All Blacks Jeremy Thrush and Richard Kahui and Wallaby Greg Holmes have retired while others who will not be back next year include Irish qualified winger Byron Ralston who has gone to Connacht and fly-half Jake McIntyre and centre Kyle Godwin who are moving to France.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...hape-c-7209066

Champion
    vCash
    That is very interesting about McDonald. Reading between the lines he has said pick me or I'm off but is he good enough? I don't know how well stacked Ireland is for No.9's

Last edited by wholetruth; 18-06-22 at 18:44.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    That is very interesting about McDonald. Reading between the lines he has said pick me or I'm off but is he good enough? I don't know how well stacked Ireland is for No.9's
    I think that even if ther is surplus he has more chance of playing at a higher level elsewhere. Also more chance of being recognised.
    Elsewhere.Unfortunately playing for the Force doesn’t get you recognition anywhere atm

Will look at changing avitar when I have some time to workout how to do it!

May the FORCE be with you!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I don't know if McDonald is looking at getting picked for the Irish National Team - but with his eligibility, He can get picked for a Pro Irish Team and the Team doesn't use (waste) their International personal allowance. It makes him more recruitable.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast