Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Simon Cron will be new Head Coach

Player
    vCash
    Disagree that this was done professionally. It was released in the middle of the night here in Perth! NZ and Eastern States got to hear it before we did!
    To me that shows a complete disregard for the fans here. Tim is a very good coach who came to us in our time of need. What he has done with the team has been magnificent. He also happens to be a genuinely nice guy who has always found time for the fans. I wish him and his Family all the best

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    It was released in the middle of the night here in Perth! NZ and Eastern States got to hear it before we did! ....
    The Force were forced to put out something early as Gee Rob broke the news at 6 am EST

Name:  geerob 1.png
Views: 425
Size:  40.3 KB

Western Force media to their credit reacted within 10 minutes:

Name:  wf 1.png
Views: 405
Size:  21.0 KB

Remembering the time of night, kudos to the Force media team to making sure they got it out as quick as possible and prevented the rumour mill and conspiricy theorists having a field day before we saw it from a reliable source of our own.

I can imagine what you would all be saying if Western Force only broke the news at midday our time and it had been out in social media for hours on end already...

Last edited by Tazzmania; 28-03-22 at 15:04.
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    So do you think Tim deserves a special TWF award before he goes?

vCash
    I still love that vid where he dressed up as westie to surprise his daughters..too cute!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    So do you think Tim deserves a special TWF award before he goes?
    If possible, absolutely.

Maybe a replica of the NRC toaster that the Perth Spirit may now hold in pertuity.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    I still love that vid where he dressed up as westie to surprise his daughters..too cute!
    That's the hard thing about this decison, how can you not like this bloke, he's just a great human being.

vCash
    From Nick Taylor at the West:

Comment: Western Force coach Tim Sampson deserves fitting farewell in front of Sea of Blue

The Western Force owes coach Tim Sampson a huge debt of gratitude.....

....Social media has been awash with support for Sampson with calls for him to be given a farewell lap of honour in his final match in the front of the Sea of Blue.

It would be a fitting finale"

Expresses all our sentiments!!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    The Force were forced to put out something early as Gee Rob broke the news at 6 am EST

Remembering the time of night, kudos to the Force media team to making sure they got it out as quick as possible and prevented the rumour mill and conspiricy theorists having a field day before we saw it from a reliable source of our own.

I can imagine what you would all be saying if Western Force only broke the news at midday our time and it had been out in social media for hours on end already...
    Something smells here because she has quotes from that press release in her story that came out before the press release...Go figure

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Something smells here because she has quotes from that press release in her story that came out before the press release...Go figure
    My guess is that GRob got a hint from someone that the Force were getting a new coach and that the Force thought it was better just to come out with the truth (they probably sent her the same press release that they posted) then rather have the usual "A spokesman from the Force refused to comment " or even worse "the coach has the full support of the organization" and having negative rumors float in the media as per what usually happens.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    It is the life of every sporting coach-you are always one game away from the DCM(don't come monday)
    results mean everything,regardless of circumstances

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    If I had to guess, I'd put my money on the Force sending (were obliged to send?) the press release to RA before they could issue, and it landed on the SMH desk 30 seconds later. Which to me would only highlight how well they did to keep it under cover until it was a done deal.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    If I had to guess, I'd put my money on the Force sending (were obliged to send?) the press release to RA before they could issue, and it landed on the SMH desk 30 seconds later. Which to me would only highlight how well they did to keep it under cover until it was a done deal.
    There was something in Nick Taylor's piece about Tim being told Tuesday and the players on Saturday. So RA gets it some time in between, a quick flick pass to SMH. Probem solvered

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Comment: Western Force coach Tim Sampson deserves fitting farewell in front of Sea of Blue

The Western Force owes coach Tim Sampson a huge debt of gratitude.

Sampson’s star was already on the rise with a successful career at the Canberra Vikings when he took a huge gamble and stepped into the unknown.

He turned down the assistant role with the Australian under-20 World Cup side to help resurrect the fledgling Force after Rugby Australia’s brutal 2017 axing from Super Rugby.

Sampson joined the Andrew Forrest bankrolled Force and led them successfully through the World Series and Global Rapid Rugby competitions before RA bit the bullet and asked them back into Super Rugby.

He steered the club through turbulent times in the forefront of the club’s survival battle, but recently there had been rumblings that all was not well.

On Tuesday, Sampson was told that he would not be back next season..

The next day he fronted the media to announce his team to play the Brumbies.

After Friday’s gut-wrenching 39-38 loss the obviously disappointed Sampson was front and centre once again.

But not once did he give any clue that his future had already been sealed.

He just got on with the job.

When news of his demise broke, he thanked Nicola and Andrew Forrest, staff and players.

And, in typical Sampson style, added: “My focus hasn’t changed. We are determined to achieve success and perform well for the remainder of the season.”

Forrest described Sampson as “a true champion of the club’” and chief executive Tony Lewis said he was “a class act”.

New coach Simon Cron has big boots to fill.

Social media has been awash with support for Sampson with calls for him to be given a farewell lap of honour in his final match in the front of the Sea of Blue.

It would be a fitting finale.

At The West

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post

How did she know?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    How did she know?
    Media release "inadvertently" left lying on a boardroom table?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast