Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Force v Brumbies 25 March 2022 @ HBF Park

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Godwin plays 13 like an underweight winger atm
    Agree with that, he seems to slow and even stop going into contact. He also starts standing still, but that is as much or more on the passer than on him...slow passes to static players, gee, wonder why they make no yards. Sometimes wonder if they should try Fines at 10; at least he has a fast pass.

That said, makes not much difference when teams can just walk through the backline defence at will. Mind boggles what the Kiwi attacks are going to do with that.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Yep, backline defense definitely the biggest issue. That has to come down to coaching - we don't seem to have a good drift system, with our last man out wide often committing to an inside man unnecessarily. Also agree more breakdown pressure is required.

As much as I love Thrushy and Brynard, I think we should be looking at a back 5 of FLW, Rodda, Callan, Koteka and Anstee

vCash
    https://www.rugby.com.au/news/wester...e-card-2022325

Will McKellar be fined for taking a swing at the ref?

It seems as though rugby Australia don't think so

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    He didn't actually have a shot at the ref. I see it as criticism of the rigidity of the sanctions "process" the IRB has lumbered us with. I'm with him about reviewing that. There will always be accidents in a contact sport.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I would like to make a suggestion - that no one reacts to a Western Force match for at least 24 hours. Some of you need a chance to calm down before finding your keyboard.

anyway - just a thought.

Here is my view....... from the shed.

What a cracker of a match.

I must admit I was worried - 15 minutes in and its like 20 points to 3 to the Brumbies. Damn didn't the ball bounce their way. It was like everything was working for them, even their stupid shit.

But the Force boys worked hard. Sure there was a couple of mistakes and shitty choices, but the pressure we were under was immense.

We were up against the best playing Aussie team in the competition. UNDEFEATED.

The fact that we got within a point of them should be celebrated.

The fact that we were a chance of winning after the final Siren should be celebrated.

The Brumbies are celebrating - they were lucky to beat us.

We scored some great tries - that is really encouraging going forward.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    I would like to make a suggestion - that no one reacts to a Western Force match for at least 24 hours. Some of you need a chance to calm down before finding your keyboard.

anyway - just a thought.

I must admit I was worried - 15 minutes in and its like 20 points to 3 to the Brumbies. Damn didn't the ball bounce their way. It was like everything was working for them, even their stupid shit.

But the Force boys worked hard. Sure there was a couple of mistakes and shitty choices, but the pressure we were under was immense.

The fact that we were a chance of winning after the final Siren should be celebrated.

X,I admire your optimism,but the first 20 minutes of the match was some of the worst defense from a professional team i have seen for some time,simply not good enough---why is this so?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    He didn't actually have a shot at the ref. I see it as criticism of the rigidity of the sanctions "process" the IRB has lumbered us with. I'm with him about reviewing that. There will always be accidents in a contact sport.
    1 World Rugby is going to go broke paying out CTE victims if they don't do something about head injuries.
    2 The lesson is to manage the height that you approach the tackle better or you'll get sanctioned.

The proof is in the pudding with Banks' tackle, both players left the field concussed, one of them with a fractured cheekbone, whether it's accidental or not, the penalties protecting the head are valid, because they're trying to get players to change their behaviour.

C'mon the

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    as seen in the Reds-Tahs game this evening

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

anyway - just a thought.

I really don't know if you can in good faith celebrate a loss. You can appreciate or recognise the time, effort, skills, fortitude, conviction, courage, etc., take heart and come away feeling good about a game no matter the winner/loser - I'm pretty sure the vast majority love a good match. But I think celebrating losing is a bit if a stretch

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    1 World Rugby is going to go broke paying out CTE victims if they don't do something about head injuries.......................................... .................
    Really think an explanation is necessary? What McKeller is proposing would not change anything from Banks' situation last night. In fact the "orange card" option would only reinstate the rest of match option for blatant intentional foul play. It's already under consideration by WR. Where's the downside?

vCash

Yes X, but so far our boys rarely score tries from sound, repeatable attack structures. The Brumbies are great at getting into those "shapes" quickly in any field position and execute accurately and at speed. The Reds are not far off & even the Tahs show glimpses when they are on. Just like the Kiwis. On the "Dark Side" the Penny Panfers & the other elite outfits do the same. That's where we need to get to for consistent success. Don't think too many of us here are "anti", but that's the facts.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    The Brumbies were without 5 first choice players. If we had played to our potential we should have won. We didn't play half as well as we did in round 1.

X, you are welcome to accentuate the positives. I will point out the problems that need to be fixed. Saying we should wait 24hrs before posting borders on condescending. It is like saying those opinions are invalid.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Really think an explanation is necessary? What McKeller is proposing would not change anything from Banks' situation last night. In fact the "orange card" option would only reinstate the rest of match option for blatant intentional foul play. It's already under consideration by WR. Where's the downside?
    I disagree, the current sanction doesn't seem to be doing a lot to change player behaviour, so how would a softer option make it better.The issue with banks' tackle is that he started high, finished high at speed. That makes it far more likely that the accident that occurred on Friday night will occur.The whole idea of the penalties for accidental head contact is to force players to make better decisions in the lead up to the tackle.Banks was always working to hit pulu high, that needs to change and an orange card only endorses the strategy.

C'mon the

vCash
    I disagree, the current sanction doesn't seem to be doing a lot to change player behaviour, so how would a softer option make it better.
    There you go again with an explanation of what most people already understand. So explain this; how does calling a 20 minute send-off an orange card rather than a red one become a softer option? And isn't reinstating a remainder of match red card sanction for deliberate foul play a stronger enforcement?

The matter under consideration by WR for quite a while now is whether to ratify the 20 minute replacement change for all competitions. The orange card seems a good solution.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I'd rather see big fines and big bans to take a harder option against deliberate foul play rather than a rest of the game send off. I feel like that would hit the individual harder than the team and the red card behaviour is an individual one, not a team one.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast