Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Western Force v Reds Frida 4 March 2022

Senior Player
    vCash
    Very excited to see how Makara goes, looked good in the trials. Interesting to see who will kick for posts with Prior on the bench.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    For the first time in a long time it appears that a "squad mentality" is something that finally enables us to start rotating players without losing much, i.e the changes make comfortable reading and we are likley to get the same level and the team retains its structure to a large extent.

Callan for Koteka, great to see Ollie get another start and well deserved. Kane has been giving 120% over the past year and has carried on at the same level this season, a break on the bench will ensure he can continue that way.

Winchester for Ready is intresting Jack has huge potential and hopefully he is now ready at this level. Last year he looked a bit small and hopefully has bulked up a bit.

Fines and Prior as expected switch every now and again.

Makara on the bench for Ralston, Ralston being eased back in and as Volvo mentioned Majkara looked lively in the pre season.

Most important is to see that Rodda was fit enough to start, huge sigh of relief

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Most important is to see that Rodda was fit enough to start, huge sigh of relief
    +1

C'mon the

vCash
    Happy to see Jack W getting a run as Ready had a poor game last week.
    Very encouraging to see so few injuries so far.
    Angus injured in the Wanneroo trial match.
    Bayley K copping the concussion against the Brumbies.
    And the team playing at pace.
    Top job so far S&C team!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 02-03-22 at 15:03.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Very encouraging to see so few injuries so far.
    Angus injured in the Wanneroo trial match.
    Bayley K copping the concussion against the Brumbies.
    And the team playing at pace.
    Top job so far S&C team!
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Lists View Post
    Force
    1. Tom Robertson, 2. Feleti Kaitu’u (c), 3. Santiago Medrano, 4. Fergus Lee-Warner, 5. Izack Rodda, 6. Brynard Stander, 7. Ollie Callan, 8. Tim Anstee, 9. Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, 10. Reesjan Pasitoa, 11. Manasa Mataele, 12. Richard Kahui, 13. Kyle Godwin, 14. Toni Pulu, 15. Jake Strachan.

Reserves: 16. Andrew Ready, 17. Harrison Lloyd, 18. Greg Holmes, 19. Ryan McCauley, 20. Ollie Callan, 21. Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, 22. Jake McIntyre, 23. Richard Kahui.

Reds
    1. Dane Zander, 2. Josh Nasser, 3. Feao Fotuaika, 4. Angus Blyth, 5. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto (c), 6. Seru Uru, 7. Fraser McReight, 8. Harry Wilson, 9. Kalani Thomas, 10. James O’Connor, 11. Josh Flook, 12. Hamish Stewart, 13. Hunter Paisami, 14. Jordan Petaia, 15. Jock Campbell.

Reserves: 16. Matt Faessler, 17. Harry Hoopert, 18. Taniela Tupou, 19. Ryan Smith, 20. Tuaina Taii Tualima, 21. Spencer Jeans, 22. Lawson Creighton, 23. Mac Grealy
    Tupou on the bench, Kalani Thomas starts, some fresh meat on the bench, but other than that, the Reds are showing their depth. I think we might have this one up front, especially if Tupou is being eased in. Hopefully the pigs are getting their ears bashed about how important it'll be for Fines and Pasitoa to have time and space.

Starting to get very excited

C'mon the

vCash
    Actually, that team list I copied looks dodgy

I guess that means we can't trust the Reds list too much either

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Salakaia-Loto to captain injury-hit Reds
    Murray Wenzel
    AAP
    March 2, 2022 2:32PM

A trio of injuries have paved the way for the Queensland Reds captaincy debut of Lukhan Salakaia-Loto to cap a rollercoaster week in which the Wallabies forward confirmed his exit from Australian rugby.

The lock or backrower has accepted a deal that will see him leave Ballymore after seven years for Northampton next season.

But in a sign of his standing, he's been thrust into the captaincy for Friday's clash in Perth against the in-form Western Force.

Co-captains Tate McDermott (ankle) and Liam Wright (shoulder) will both miss the game, while fellow backrower Angus Scott-Young (knee) is also facing about a month on the sideline.

Hooker Alex Mafi is also out injured, with Josh Nasser to start for the first time and coach Brad Thorn rolling the dice with game-breaking prop Taniela Tupou to play from the bench.

Hunter Paisami (knee) will play his first game of the season for the unbeaten Reds, while James O'Connor will call the shots at No.10.

Josh Flook moves to the wing to accommodate Wallaby Paisami's return, while Test winger Filipo Daugunu has been left out of the squad.

The Force will be steered by former Brumbies pair Issak Fines-Leleiwasa and in-form No.10 Reesjan Pasitoa.

It will be Fines-Leleiwasa's first start for the Force, ahead of veteran halfback Ian Prior in their long-awaited return to HBF Park.

Will Harrison will return from injury via the bench for the NSW Waratahs, who will challenge the unbeaten Brumbies in Canberra on Saturday.

Halfback Nic White and hooker Folau Fainga'a return to the starting side for the Brumbies while Jahrome Brown will start at openside flanker.

Lock Josh Canham and No.13 Lukas Ripley will make their Super Rugby debuts for the Melbourne Rebels, who are missing 14 players through injury or suspension.

James Hanson replaces injured hooker Jordan Uelese to face the Fijian Drua on Friday, while impressive Tamati Ioane will make the first start of his Super Rugby career, named at No.8 with captain Michael Wells shifting to blind-side flanker.

Joe Powell and Matt To'omua will combine for a second consecutive match with Carter Gordon recalled to start at fullback in place of the suspended Reece Hodge.

After two weeks of COVID-19 postponements Moana Pasifika will make their Super Rugby Pacific debut across the ditch.

Wallabies great Sekope Kepu will captain the side and former Test playmaker Christian Leali'ifano has been named on the bench.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/ru...reds-c-5903153

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    The officials for Friday are:

Referee: Graham Cooper

Assistant Referees: Jordan Way, Jordan Kaminski

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    It looks like the Reds are making a big effort to get here for the game and hope we acknowledge it when they come on to the field:

Tweet at 13H00

Name:  reds1.png
Views: 368
Size:  34.0 KB

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I hope you all understand that I will have to travel thru inches of water to get to my shed to watch the Force kick the shite out of the Reds. Tomorrow Night.

Its getting Nautical here - Dead Set.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Think you've got it tough? GIGS will have to sledge the officials through one of these. 😷

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    I hope you all understand that I will have to travel thru inches of water to get to my shed to watch the Force kick the shite out of the Reds. Tomorrow Night.

Its getting Nautical here - Dead Set.
    Good luck

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Think you've got it tough? GIGS will have to sledge the officials through one of these. ��
    Maybe GIGs should learn about the game before he starts criticizing the Officials.

Exile
    Sydney

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    Good luck
    Thanks LEO - may have to breakout the Floaties.

Exile
    Sydney

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    It looks like the Reds are making a big effort to get here for the game and hope we acknowledge it when they come on to the field:

Tweet at 13H00

Name:  reds1.png
Views: 368
Size:  34.0 KB
    My heart bleeds for them. They didn't exactly have to put themselves out last year did they and now they know what everyone else has had to suffer.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast