Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Force Team ve Brumbies 20/02/2022

vCash

Force Team ve Brumbies 20/02/2022

FORCE (1-15): Tom Robertson, Feleti Kaitu'u (c), Santiago Medrano, Fergus Lee-Warner, Izack Rodda, Brynard Stander, Kane Koteka, Tim Anstee, Ian Prior, Reesjan Pasitoa, Manasa Mataele, Bayley Kuenzle, Kyle Godwin, Toni Pulu, Jake Strachan

RESERVES: Andrew Ready, Harrison Lloyd, Greg Holmes, Ryan McCauley, Ollie Callan, Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, Jake McIntyre, Richard Kahui

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Name:  f1.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  111.5 KB

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    I would rather Issak Fines-Leleiwasa start. I think he is the future. Also, Ian Prior on the bench can cover 9 and 10.

vCash
    I liked Priors crisp service in the trial. Fines looked good when he came on too but we didn't see much of his X-factor running in that outing. Maybe the coaches prefer quick accurate service in the tight opening stanza we'll get with the Ponies.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    I would rather Issak Fines-Leleiwasa start. I think he is the future. Also, Ian Prior on the bench can cover 9 and 10.
    I agree, however I suspect that the thinking is that Prior takes the early kicks for goal to take the pressure off Reesjan first game. Also just to add an experienced link between Anstee and Reesjan who are both still learning their trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    I agree, however I suspect that the thinking is that Prior takes the early kicks for goal to take the pressure off Reesjan first game. Also just to add an experienced link between Anstee and Reesjan who are both still learning their trade.
    +1 also Prior is a proven calm head who settles the entire team down and produces an overall better performance from those around him. with Reesjan, Bayley and Issak all coming from the ponies there's the potential for a lot to go wrong.

Bring Sideshow Bob on early in the second half to carve up tired Canberra pigs for a squillion points. I think it's a very smart selection.

C'mon the

vCash
    BRUMBIES (1-15): James Slipper, Folau Fainga'a, Allan Alaalatoa (c), Darcy Swain, Cadeyrn Neville, Rob Valetini, Rory Scott, Pete Samu, Nic White, Noah Lolesio, Andy Muirhead, Irae Simone, Len Ikitau, Tom Wright, Tom Banks

RESERVES: Lachlan Lonergan, Scott Sio, Tom Ross, Nick Frost, Ed Kennedy, Ryan Lonergan, Ollie Sapsford, Jesse Mogg

The ponies don't appear to be taking us lightly, this is going to be season defining for us.

The only edge I can see that we might exploit is in the reserves. Jesse Mogg wasn't on my list of must haves 5 years ago when he was young, but I've never heard of Ollie Sapsford and don't know much about Ed Kennedy so they might be awesome...or shite

Go Force

C'mon the

vCash
    Brumbies have 12 Wallabies in the starting team.

Ollie Sapsford is ex Hawkes Bay, usually came on as a reserve did score a hatrtick in the last NPC season.

Ed Kennedy is an Australian lock who used play for Scarletts up north and has returned to Australia.

This is going to be a very good test of just where we are. Pack is as good as last year, backline a step up. Wallabies for the Brumbies may just be working up to full fitness after an extended break and timing could be good for us. Glad we playing our hardest match first away from home. A win sets up the season and a loss will not be as big a dent, as it would be an expected away loss.

Player
    vCash
    McGregor stiff, thought he was excellent in the trials. Have him over McIntyre.

vCash
    ABC News reporting tonight that Sitaleki Timani has been released - not vaccinated.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    ABC News reporting tonight that Sitaleki Timani has been released - not vaccinated.
    That is a shame would have liked to see him there and allows fergus to play 6

Excited about the new additions to the side - Rodda/keunzle/pasitoa/fines and mataele, these guys will be the key to our season, how quickly they get going

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I wondered about that. I reckon it weakens our lock stocks a fair bit, I would have picked him to start.I wonder if the newly forged link with Montpelier might be suitable for some short term cover?

C'mon the

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I wondered about that. I reckon it weakens our lock stocks a fair bit, I would have picked him to start.I wonder if the newly forged link with Montpelier might be suitable for some short term cover?
    maybe that is why they kept Thrush as a player this season

vCash
    Timani is definitely a big loss. Was looking forward to us having lock domination over everyone else with Rodda, Timani and FLW starting. The Timani/Rodda combination would be a great base for the scrum and be bruising around the field.
    Hopefully Macauley or Pugh can step up to fill the gap, or Thrush will have to be used again.
    Would prefer FLW at 6, but I guess moving him to lock allows an extra one of our excellent backrowers onto the field. However we may have some trouble at lineout....

Player
    vCash
    Listened to Tony Lewis on 6PR . Great balanced explanation on Timani . There is a possibility of him rejoining the squad should there be a change in the situation. ( Let’s hope so ) …. Thoughts to Sita and his family at this time.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast