Thread: New Long Term Principal Sponsor for the Force

Senior Player
    vCash

New Long Term Principal Sponsor for the Force

Force secure multi-year Principal Partnership with Altrad

The Western Force is delighted to announce Altrad as the new Principal Partner on a multi-year deal. The partnership commences immediately ahead of the upcoming 2022 Super Rugby Pacific and Super W campaigns.

The four-year agreement will see Altrad’s logo displayed on the front of the home and away jerseys for all Force teams including the men’s and women’s teams, as well as the training wear, throughout the season.

Altrad is a global provider of industrial and asset integrity services, offering a range of cost-driven integrated solutions principally for the green energy, power, water, defence, mining and minerals, and oil and gas sectors. The company has operated in Australia for more than 40 years and employs approximately 2,000 highly skilled men and women across the country.

Combining the expertise of construction and maintenance group Valmec (acquired late 2021), Altrad is now positioned with a new and unique best-in-class service for the Australian market, to build, protect and extend the life of its clients' assets.

Altrad also manufactures, hires, and sells construction equipment globally and recently integrated RMD Kwikform, with offices in Australia and New Zealand.

Partnering with a world leader in the provision of industrial services and construction equipment is a fantastic development for the Force as it continues an exciting new era.

With over 42,000 employees across more than 50 countries around the world, Altrad’s aligned values and commitment to empowering people within the rugby community to make more of their world is a powerful shared vision.

Altrad Partnership
    Western Force Chief Executive Officer Tony Lewis believes this is a historic moment for the club that will benefit the entire Western Australian rugby community.

“Securing a long-term Principal Partner of this stature with a world-renowned reputation for their exemplary humility and integrity is fantastic,” Lewis stated.

“The Western Australian economy is fuelled by the resources and utilities sector. The partnership with Altrad not only represents their commitment to rugby but demonstrates the importance of WA in the world economy.

“Altrad, like us, are passionate about rugby and the values that are entrenched in the fabric of the game. I can’t wait to see what this relationship can produce in the years to come.”

Altrad Founder Mohed Altrad is looking forward to seeing the partnership in action.

“The Western Force is a team with a well-defined growth strategy and a strong alignment with our values and culture. We are excited about supporting this dynamic and ambitious organisation and assisting the Force teams achieve their sporting goals,” Altrad explained.

“As an employer of more than 2,000 highly skilled people across Australia, Altrad understand only too well the value of teamwork and integrity and the desire to achieve.

“We can’t wait for the Super Rugby season to start and the opportunity to cheer on the Western Force at its first home game on March 4.”

Altrad Asia-Pacific Chief Executive Officer Neil Sadler is eager to work alongside the Force over the next four years.

“I am excited about this new partnership with a like-minded and well-led organisation that shares our value and commitments to encouraging diversity of participation at all levels, whether in the workforce or out on the field,” Sadler said.

“I look forward to the many opportunities we will have to work together with the Western Force to learn and be inspired but also to share what makes Altrad such a great organisation.

“Everyone at Altrad wishes the Force teams the best of luck this year. We can’t wait for the opening games.”

https://westernforce.rugby/news/forc...artner-2022211

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Good news financially. We have not had a long term/multi-year principal sponsorship since Emirates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    Good news financially. We have not had a long term/multi-year principal sponsorship since Emirates.
    More importantly, I've just done a quick Google trying to find a link with Andrew Forrest and am coming up dry.

In my search I discovered that Altrad is also the principal jersey sponsor of NZRU (seems to cover all the black jerseys) and the company owner owns Montpelier, so we're mixing in pretty good company!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    And the story of the man behind Altrad is inspirational.

Mohed Altrad was born in a Bedouin tribe in Syria. After earning a PhD in computer science at the University of Montpellier and working for the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company, he founded what would soon become the Altrad Group, a World leader in the scaffolding business, the construction sector and the industrial services. The man was named World Entrepreneur of the Year by Ernst & Young in 2015. He has published several novels (Badawi, L’hypothèse de Dieu, La Promesse d’Annah) and management books.

He was born to a very young mother and his Bedouin father gave him away to his grandparents at age four, following his mother’s death. No document recorded the day he was born into a Bedouin tribe.
    To make birthdays easier, his children picked a date out of a hat

Forbidden from attending school, Mohed Altrad learned to read on his own. Eventually, he received a scholarship to study in France ...... Read More

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    More importantly, I've just done a quick Google trying to find a link with Andrew Forrest and am coming up dry.
    I beleive that the connection is most likley through the mining sector, however it is note worthy that the charity that we teamed up with for the Superheroes day some years ago Zero2Hero has the following board member

NEIL SADLER is a Board Member of the WA based charity Zero2Hero
    Neil Sadler is a highly experienced leader and mentor. Neil is currently the Chief Executive Officer for the Asia Pacific region for Altrad Services, a global leader in the provision of industrial services.

Zero2Hero

From little things big things grow....

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    I beleive that the connection is most likley through the mining sector, however it is note worthy that the charity that we teamed up with for the Superheroes day some years ago Zero2Hero has the following board member
    I guess my delight was that we're now attracting sponsors outside the circle of companies owned (or with significant interests held) by the Forrest Family.

This is another example of how a successful Force can hold it's own in the professional sporting landscape. (but we're in WA so they need to win more than they lose to keep interest up)

C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I feel like I've seen Altrad on other jerseys- maybe the Top 14? Or UK?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I feel like I've seen Altrad on other jerseys- maybe the Top 14? Or UK?
    I'm pretty sure they sponsor the French National side

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The Altrad logo looks much better then the ghastly Harvey Beef logo from last year.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    This is another example of how a successful Force can hold it's own in the professional sporting landscape.
    Reminds me of back in the early 2000s when the AFLers were banging on about how there's no room for a rugby team in Perth as there aren't enough sponsors in a saturated market here, so we got a big-name international sponsor instead

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they sponsor the French National side
    I am just sitting down with a coffee watching last nights France V Ireland game and yes there is Altrad right across the front of the French jumpers. As others have said on here it is great that that an international brand like Altrad with chairman who has a passion for rugby want to be on the front of the Force jumper for the next 4 years.

vCash
    One thing which was in Nick Taylor's article in the West on Saturday, but which doesn't seem to have been picked up is that the sponsorship includes player swaps and matches with Montpelier.

Of course we don't know how these will work, but just the idea that we can loan players to and from Montpelier is pretty awesome, and have international friendlies! Maybe even have the Force go on a tour after Super Rugby when the Top 14 sides are in pre-season (which could be a draw for younger players who aren't in Wallaby contention yet!)

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Of course we don't know how these will work, but just the idea that we can loan players to and from Montpelier is pretty awesome, and have international friendlies! Maybe even have the Force go on a tour after Super Rugby when the Top 14 sides are in pre-season (which could be a draw for younger players who aren't in Wallaby contention yet!)
    ... not to mention the possibility of the odd awesome InnFORCEr'S tour.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    ... not to mention the possibility of the odd awesome InnFORCEr'S tour.
    Thought that went without saying! Although it does mean that the Tour record might be broken, from AndyS, PoW & my tour of South Africa in 2014 (https://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=...l=1#post381172)

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Thought that went without saying! Although it does mean that the Tour record might be broken, from AndyS, PoW & my tour of South Africa in 2014 (https://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=...l=1#post381172)
    Must have been away myself when you posted that, and it may well not be broken. So I just give you a belated As Rampaging Roy Slaven would say "That's OUT-STAN-DING!!"

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David