Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The season's about to start

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Maybe, but it's refreshing to see members back discussing selections etc again amid all the crap going on over Omicron.
    Gotta admit I was intrigued to see GIGS' leap of faith in selecting a pretty much untried Mungo in his starting side.
    Please don't get me wrong the discussion is welcome and GIGS has obviously put a lot of thought into his post which is great to see.

Personally, I believe that Thrush and Kahui both need to see real game time throughout the season. I believe that the Force is a better team when they are both on the field, in particular, Jeremy Thrush and that the players lift around them. I understand that they are in the twilight of their careers but there's are the gifts that just keep on giving.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    True. If there's only one certainty this season, it's that squad depth will be more important than ever. You only need to look at how much covid infections are playing havoc in national sports comps currently running. I think the Force are well placed in that regard so most of our squad should get a look in.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Please don't get me wrong the discussion is welcome and GIGS has obviously put a lot of thought into his post which is great to see.

Personally, I believe that Thrush and Kahui both need to see real game time throughout the season. I believe that the Force is a better team when they are both on the field, in particular, Jeremy Thrush and that the players lift around them. I understand that they are in the twilight of their careers but there's are the gifts that just keep on giving.
    For the record, I agree, and have similar feelings about others who I've given short shrift in the spirit of the original post, but the intention was to make a completely pointless guess at the starting lineup for a trial. I consider Those players (and some others) to be pretty known quantities who would also benefit from some workload management.

I'd like to see the Force in a situation this year where they don't have to rely on overusing their older superstars like Thrush, Kahui, Stander, Prior and can blood some upcoming talent without compromising the performance of the team. Far better to do that this year than at the moment that aging bodies catch up with them.

C'mon the

vCash
    Well it looks like Sambo is playing the trial a bit more conservatively that I suggested. They look like they might be trying some opposed training for the first squad

Kuenzle and Pasitoa are looking very sharp, but I haven't figured out who the Qld 10 is, if JOC gets a run there might be fewer holes for them to exploit.

Pulu hasn't lost anything since last season, I hope he keeps fit, he's looking lethal

Mataele needs to become a little more selfish, he seems to be passing a lot and some aren't the best

I see no Tupou, McDermott or O'Connor, but I've heard a couple of names that are likely to be starters round one.

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Lots of rusty errors this second quarter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    Lots of rusty errors this second quarter
    Interestingly it seems as though Strachan kicked for line in the first quarter and Pasitoa in the second.

Based upon the results, I'd name strahan the line kicker.

Mataele needs some of that sticky shit on his hands

C'mon the

vCash
    I hope that 2022 Academy recruit Ned Slack-Smith, Barker College, is able to join the squad in Queensland.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2