Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Growing the grassroots in WA

vCash
    I don't get this argument really.

Andrew Forrest is accused of all sorts of evil acts, some of which is accurate.

He might be a bit of a self promoter, he might have a dose of saviour complex, he might be getting massive tax breaks, I'm pretty confident he hasn't installed nanobots into the covid vaccine, nor is he looking to decrease global population by 30%

However he's invested significant personal resources into saving the force (and by extension) WA rugby pathways from complete extinction. By comparison with LITERALLY EVERYBODY ELSE who has an interest in rugby I'm prepared to cut him a little slack.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    So after 17 years of circle jerking we are back to where we were in 2005, in fact worse off.

An 8 team premier competition.

Little or no financial support of club rugby from RugbyWA or ARU.

A "Western Force" which is privately owned and runs its own agenda totally separate from the WA rugby community.

A "Western Force" which is unaccountable and unanswerable to the rugby community or anyone in it.

A State Rugby Union which is dictated to by the ARU.

The ARU having direct financial control over individual club finances by receiving their principal source of income (player fees) and distributing back what it dictates.

No "State Team" representing state players.

a Rugbywa administration which is ineffectual and does not represent club interests.

But hey, how wonderful is the Western Force?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    So after 17 years of circle jerking we are back to where we were in 2005, in fact worse off.

A "Western Force" which is privately owned and runs its own agenda totally separate from the WA rugby community.

A "Western Force" which is unaccountable and unanswerable to the rugby community or anyone in it.
    You mean a Western Force that is heavily reliant upon members of the WA rugby community to buy memberships and ticktes?

Senior Player
    vCash
    We are definitely far worse off then 2005. We now have a....
    >A fully funded, massively sized academy to help local players have a pathway to professional rugby.
    >A fully funded schools competition to develop rugby in non PSA schools
    > Millions of dollars being invested by Twiggy to develop Junior rugby (as well as women's rugby)
    > A professional team of players who can go out and do clinics with schools and clubs.
    > Professional players who partake in the premier grade comp (when available) which in turn increases the strength of the premier grade and allows club players to play side by side with professional players
    > A professional team that kids can go watch and one day dream to be a part of (hopefully eventually being part of that team)
    > High performance facilities (I believe the rent is paid by Twiggy) that academy members, state teams etc... can utilize.

Yeh, nothing is perfect. We still have RA to deal with and the premier grade comp structure is still not perfect but to say we are far worse off then 2005, I think that is just a little bit of a stretch.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by volvo; 13-12-21 at 09:46.

vCash
    Good to see everybody's happy.

I'll leave you to it then.

Legend Contributor
    vCash

An 8 team premier competition.

Little or no financial support of club rugby from RugbyWA or ARU.

A State Rugby Union which is dictated to by the ARU.

The ARU having direct financial control over individual club finances by receiving their principal source of income (player fees) and distributing back what it dictates.

No "State Team" representing state players.

a Rugbywa administration which is ineffectual and does not represent club interests.

But hey, how wonderful is the Western Force?

All good arguable points. But you have not described where and how WA rugby would actually be doing much better had AF minded his own business and let things run as expected in 2017?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Fulvio, Fulvio, Fulvio, Frank.

First up. Having had the opportunity to meet up with you. Have a couple of beers with you and talk to you. I value you and your friendship. You have shown me kindness over the years that will never be forgotten.

I also know for the last 17 years you have acted like the "Western Force" have acted like the big bully that stole your lunch money.

I do not pretend to know that happens in Club Rugby land in WA. I have never had the opportunity to be involved with Club Rugby in Perth. If I do in the future, you can be assured that I will get involved. Thats what I do. Rugby is my life.

What I do know about Club Rugby in Perth is everything I read about on TWF. That may be a good thing, or it may be bad. Who knows. It's all I have got.

Whats the point? I probably don't have one.

I do know Club Rugby in Western Sydney.

I do know that the Waratahs have no idea that me and my Club exist. My Club has never received any funding from NSWRugby, the Waratahs or anyone other than Sponsors.

Why would Club Rugby in Perth be any different?

Fulvio why do you place such great expectations on the "Western Force"?

What has the Western Force done for Club Rugby in Perth?

What has Club Rugby done for the Western Force? Surely its a 2 way street?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    so,what is the go with these clubs getting axed?

vCash
    What's the rumour about Southern Lions copping a 2 year ban from Premier Grade? Or are they apart of the overall cull?

vCash
    Nick Taylor - The West Australian - 16 December 2021

Meanwhile five clubs have been relegated from the RugbyWA Premiership competition to the Championship grade in a major re-shuffle of the local game.
    Two, Southern Lions and ARKs, were dropped after breaches of competition rules last season.
    Curtin University, who took heavy beatings and finished bottom of the premiership ladder without a win last year, have moved back into the Championship.
    They have been joined by Rockingham and Mandurah who last year played as joint Premiership venture Coastal Cavaliers that has now been scrapped.

Read more...

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    So, what were the breaches?

vCash
    Something about RugbyWA not agreeing with one of Voltaire's most quoted profundities....

vCash
    Something about RugbyWA not agreeing with one of Voltaire's most quoted profundities....
    .....a lot of which are plain obvious, wrong, or psuedoprofundia. I made that last one up. But it sounds pretty profound.....IMHO.

His truest quote is the one about your most important decision.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I was talking to the organ grinder ...

Player
    vCash
    Quote from the article;

"This was not an easy decision, but one that was required to uphold the integrity and governance of the game in WA"

Dropping teams from the whole of the southern suburbs of Perth south of Palmyra is one that is not really up holding the governance of the game in WA.
    This area has one of the larger Junior participation numbers and only will hurt the game in the long term as these juniors will feel disenfranchised by this myopic decision.

Rugby WA have again being influenced by some who only have a minority of Clubs interests at the core of a major decision.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast