Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Growing the grassroots in WA

Champion
    vCash
    AAaahhhh How refreshing... nothing's changed in Community Rugby... Same old Hot air being recycled from the same old disillusioned and parasitic folk. No, suggestions, plans, visions, ideas nor methods to grow the game, just same old vitriol from tired whingers happy to put the boot in on heresay, innuendo and rumour. Cannot wait to see Fulvio put his hand up to get involved to "fix" the problems, but hmmm, won't happen in his lifetime, nor mine. Much better to throw grenades in fear of taking responsibility for a decision and maybe being criticized. Put the boot into Twiggy because we are jealous, envious and have no credible, factual evidence to back anything up. Love the negativity, love the insults from people who have either contributed nothing to the game in Western Australia or fearful of contributing. Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Quote from the article;

"This was not an easy decision, but one that was required to uphold the integrity and governance of the game in WA"

Dropping teams from the whole of the southern suburbs of Perth south of Palmyra is one that is not really up holding the governance of the game in WA.
    This area has one of the larger Junior participation numbers and only will hurt the game in the long term as these juniors will feel disenfranchised by this myopic decision.

Rugby WA have again being influenced by some who only have a minority of Clubs interests at the core of a major decision.
    Fuller quote from the same article - for a spot of context around part of the decision (and perhaps removing some of the myopia):
    “RugbyWA has taken a strong stance on the integrity and governance of the game, with strict adherence to competition rules and relevant policy,” they said in a statement.

Two clubs had multiple breaches of the competition rules and policy in 2021....it was recommended that RugbyWA hand-down penalties against the multiple breaches.

“This has resulted in a two-year expulsion from Premier grade for both clubs with year two being a suspended penalty probation year."

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    The difference between you and me, Hansie is that I didn't stuff up the competition in the first place.

You have that distinction all to yourself.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    So, what were the breaches?
    Lions used rolling subs against Wanneroo, which they won. They also refused to play on Associates field no.2 after a Soaks player was badly injured early in the first half and couldn’t be moved from the main field, they just so happened to be leading.

Arks failed to field a reserve grade team on multiple occasions..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Neymar11 View Post
    Lions used rolling subs against Wanneroo, which they won. They also refused to play on Associates field no.2 after a Soaks player was badly injured early in the first half and couldn’t be moved from the main field, they just so happened to be leading. Arks failed to field a reserve grade team on multiple occasions..
    Thanks for finally answering this.Have other teams breached competition rules before? How were they sanctioned?I'm especially interested in the failing to field a reserves, surely there are other teams who have done that, or breached the rules in some way to ensure a reserves team ran out. (I'm assuming there's some rule about the number of minutes played by 1 player in 1 day, so having the majority of a reserves team backing up to play firsts would be a breach. Fair enough if it isn't, but there's be a player welfare issue there)

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    The difference between you and me, Hansie is that I didn't stuff up the competition in the first place.

You have that distinction all to yourself.
    Love it Frank - At least I had a go...so you have to give me credit for having a backbone and not some desktop coward.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4