Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashes 2021/22

vCash
    Aussies lead by 278 on the first innings - Travis Head take a bow after taking the game away from England completely

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Going on the treadly over lunch again. Will I miss as much post lunch as yesterday?

PS. This new idea of all the TV dudes standing is not doing Beefy any favors.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I'm listening in the ABC but apparently Shane Warne is having an absolute meltdown on Kayo because Hobart has been named as the host of the 5th Test.

Suck shit Warney, you'd be a hobo if you'd think bowl leg breaks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I'm listening in the ABC but apparently Shane Warne is having an absolute meltdown on Kayo
    I'm watching on 7 since I flicked Fox for Stan. IMO their team is pretty good by comparison to Fox & 9. I particularly like their field placement analysis. Retirement is great when real cricket comes around.

vCash
    Cummins in doubt for second Test after COVID close contact designation

A COVID-19 scare has caused chaos within the Australian cricket team just hours before the Adelaide Test, with Pat Cummins identified as a close contact of a positive case..............................
    ...................It is unclear whether the fast bowler will feature in the second Test, beginning on Thursday afternoon, but one source said it was “unlikely”. If Cummins is ruled out, vice-captain Steve Smith would take his place as skipper.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...16-p59i36.html

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I love Pat Cummins but no the smartest move the night before a Test Match

vCash
    I love Pat Cummins but no the smartest move the night before a Test Match
    Dire news. Lyon and Starc ate at the same place but had the nouse to eat outdoors which made them casual contacts. One thing is sure there's going to be many, many more such disruptions with governments around the world pretty much unable to contain this latest fast moving mega-lurgy. So far seems not as devastating as Delta - provided your luck holds up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Dire news. Lyon and Starc ate at the same place but had the nouse to eat outdoors which made them casual contacts. One thing is sure there's going to be many, many more such disruptions with governments around the world pretty much unable to contain this latest fast moving mega-lurgy. So far seems not as devastating as Delta - provided your luck holds up.
    An unnamed Perth Glory player has also tested positive for Covid in Adelaide.

I hope governing bodies of other sports in Australia are watching this and will tweak their rules accordingly. It's easy for a Soccer fixture to make up games due to the less physical nature of the game but you would think Rugby, NRL and the AFL which are more physical would not have the capacity of making up games unless they shift their dates which is something less likely in Rugby due to International dates etc.

vCash
    The EPL has had large numbers of positives and have started postponing. Players have been told to self test in their car and go back home if positive. Given reports that double-jabbed people are only about 30% protected and with a booster only 70%, and much higher transmission rates, it's not looking great for sports anywhere.

vCash
    The EPL has had large numbers of positives and have started postponing. Players have been told to self test in their car and go back home if positive. Given reports that double-jabbed people are only about 30% protected and with a booster only 70%, and much higher transmission rates, it's not looking great for sports anywhere.
    Not going to lie - this Omicron variant is starting to feel like February-March 2020 again, especially watching case numbers in the UK explode.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I dont think I can cope with another Lockdown

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Hang in there mate, and vent on here if you need to!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    English Rugby clubs calling off games as they can’t field a squad.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Not going to lie - this Omicron variant is starting to feel like February-March 2020 again, especially watching case numbers in the UK explode.
    Given the trajectory of Omicron cases in Ruby Princess City, the Emperor has a couple of months to decide whether he'll keep the drawbridge up, given that all the decisions have been made based on the Delta Strain. I wouldn't be betting on opening on time just yet.

vCash
    Given the trajectory of Omicron cases in Ruby Princess City, the Emperor has a couple of months to decide whether he'll keep the drawbridge up, given that all the decisions have been made based on the Delta Strain. I wouldn't be betting on opening on time just yet.
    Neither would I to be honest, I guess local health experts can see if Hospitalizations matches the case trajectory.

Recent comments from Brad Hazzard in the past day or so don't exactly paint a great picture either.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast