Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rugby Australia on the cusp of the ‘biggest change since rugby went professional"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    I would like to thank you Shasta for asking me to justify my existence here. Always great to hear from "mates"

I guess I am a glass is half full kind of guy and looking for the good in people, its always easier when the bad people are no longer running the Moore Park Asslym.

Perhaps you haven't seen the news lately. Let me see if I can get you up to speed.

Cameron Clyne is no longer the Chairman of RugbyAustralia. He got replaced.
    Bill Pulver is no longer the CEO of Rugby Australia.
    Raylene Castle is no longer CEO of Rugby Australia
    Rob Clarke is no longer CEO of Rugby Australia
    Hamish McLennan is the Chairman of Rugby Australia
    Andy Marinos is the CEO of Rugby Australia

Interestingly enough - from my research - I don't believe that any of the Board or Executive were a part of RugbyAustralia in 2017.

So the new board/executive:

bailed on Super Rugby as we know it
    Established SuperRugby AU
    Invited the Western Force to participate
    survived COVID (?)
    offered the Western Force a short-term contract that was rightfully rejected.
    Established -along with NZRugby- SuperRugby Trans-Tasman.
    killed off the Giteau Law - or modified it. Depending on who you talk to.

I am sure I have missed stuff. It doesn't matter anyway - you will say it wasn't enough or they did it for Andrew Forrest's money or any other excuse you are free to come up with.

What would I know I live in Sydney. Im probably not even a real Force Supporter
    Lovely piece of revisionist history there.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Lovely piece of revisionist history there.
    Of course it is

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor
    vCash

Interestingly enough - from my research - I don't believe that any of the Board or Executive were a part of RugbyAustralia in 2017.
    A reasonable point X, but then the line-up has changed many times in the last 25 years. The question is whether the underlying obsession with the two heartland states has also changed, where it never has all those other times the faces changed.

TBH, maybe less a problem for WA while Forrest is around than for the two other minor states. But could certainly see it becoming an issue if the Force management does want to do something different or innovative, having to then also drag the whole weight of RA along behind it. Centralisation could also easily become another way of saying corporate bloat and inefficiency (which they have already had a major problem with for some time IMO, especially if they try to assume all the roles of the state unions in the name of 'streamlining'. Because more than anything I think that'd be what they need to clarify...are they centralizing professional rugby, or are they really talking about centralizing ALL rugby as their big vision for governance change (not all change would necessarily for the better). Also, is everyone clear on exactly what they are thinking and not talking at cross-purposes, and have they fully understood how 'centralisation' works in those other countries and what systems might be missing yet crucial? Like a third tier, locally oriented professional competition from which to centrally select players, for instance. Or are they in fact simply confusing one common element of a couple of successful systems with the whole system itself, in much the same way they thought expansion would all just fall into place once they added teams despite a total lack of preparation or groundwork.

Ultimately, it would just be nice to see some evidence that while there are a few new faces in the line-up, the band isn't actually about to release yet another album of the same old maladies repackaged. We can all hope othetwise, but so far I'd have to say the riffs all sound pretty familiar.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Of course it is
    You and I both know I could rebut all of the evidence you so carefully selected to show that most of it has to do with Ra survival and no hard evidence of Ra actually committing to the force or was rugby when it involves some form of effort.You will then reply with points rebutting mine.I'll then fire back. The cycle will continue to repeat until one of us gets sick of arguing.Can we just leave it as read and save the time and aggro@

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I guess I am going to be that guy again.

In my humble opinion. I believe that the actions of the current board of RugbyAustralia at the very least deserve enough rope to prove me wrong.

But I think that they have proven that arent the same board that was lead by Cameron Clyne. That they are doing their very best to lead Rugby out of the doldrums of the previous decade.
    At no time during this thread did I say that I agree with everything the article said.

what I did say - as highlighted above - is that the current board deserves the opportunity to be given the chance to prove us wrong.

But - everyone assumes I am the RugbyAustralia poster boy and no one reads what is actually written.

Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.

Exile
    Sydney

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    You and I both know I could rebut all of the evidence you so carefully selected to show that most of it has to do with Ra survival and no hard evidence of Ra actually committing to the force or was rugby when it involves some form of effort.You will then reply with points rebutting mine.I'll then fire back. The cycle will continue to repeat until one of us gets sick of arguing.Can we just leave it as read and save the time and aggro@
    Just one point

the evidence I so carefully selected.

Honestly. I picked off the top of my head while trying to watch a movie.

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Just one pointthe evidence I so carefully selected. Honestly. I picked off the top of my head while trying to watch a movie.
    Ok, yeah that was a bit of snark for sure.I kinda changed my mind halfway through posting.The latter sentiment is where I'm at right now. If you're up for the argument, in sure I can motivate myself suitably

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Ok, yeah that was a bit of snark for sure.I kinda changed my mind halfway through posting.The latter sentiment is where I'm at right now. If you're up for the argument, in sure I can motivate myself suitably
    I'm so over the argument it's not funny.

Sick of being the bad guy.

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    I'm so over the argument it's not funny. Sick of being the bad guy.
    Warning, this is said tongue in cheekYou could stop taking the bad guys side if you want to change the perception.And with that, and appropriate apologies, I'm out.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tjs10 View Post
    My fear with this centralisation in the Irish mould is that Western Force becomes the Connacht of Australian Rugby: little more than a development franchise that becomes the perpetual bridesmaid to the stronger "traditional" clubs.
    You mean how RA treated us in the initial 12 years of our existence?

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    To quote ABBA - "Money, money , money"

This is all about putting a complete package together for the private equity market, just like NZ are doing, its all about the money. Twiggy may end up being that private investor which would be great for us, but would also have to be happy with another party. I don't see any way forward other than something similar to what is proposed.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    I don't see any way forward other than something similar to what is proposed.
    I don't think many people do. But I would not want such far reaching changes made until we have certainty over how and by who the game in Australia is governed. If such changes (as AF has stated publicly are conditional for his ongoing support) come about; it's all good. Until then I hope the movers and shakers of WA Rugby will be guided by the evidence available so far rather than a lot of talk.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Has Rugby Australia actually undertaken any governance reforms or is just empty lip service from RA to appease everyone so far?

Have a feeling I could guess the answer.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm so over the argument it's not funny.

Sick of being the bad guy.
    Then seriously bud, you should consider not posting this type of stuff when someone has a different view of RA or an article about them....

I guess I am going to be that guy again.
    ........just leave them to their views. This is not any kind of piss take or personal attack. So please don't take it that way again.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2