Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Tour 2021

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    At this stage, the only coverage of the Spring Test matches is with Amazon Prime. They hold worldwide TV Rights
    I've said before that we may end up looking back at Fox Sports holding the rights to just about everything sport as the good old days, even if they did kill the goose.

Just did a bit of on-line checking and it seems that Amazon Prime may not actually be streaming these in Oz. A couple of sites are saying it's geolocked so you need to sign in via a VPN to an overseas platform. Maybe this is to do with Amazon maybe having secondary rights via Rugby Pass?

Maybe SBS will pick up the slack again last minute.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    FFS I took it that it was on Stan! The Japanese game was!! I’m sorry still take Stan over Fox! Love just watching a classic match when the fancy takes me!

vCash
    Stan do have the NZ v Wales game but so far none of the other European Games in the actual test window.

It is a bit concerning that so late in the piece RA do not have a broadcast arrangement in place. While they will not lose us diehards who will find a way to watch or take whatever is given at the last minute, the fringe supporters / casual viewers may be lost and with a string of wins under their belt it was time to add a few more viewers.

My concern is that Stan may soon have more focus on the soccer, which has lots more universal appeal and they may try rather adding more content from there going forward.

Their last financial reports showed rugby only attracted +- 220K additional stan sport subcribers and at an average of $10 pm for a year only gives them close the $30m they paid Rugby Australia for their content, add the others like NPC, Premiership etc not much change to buy any additional content as in its self how many more viewers will middle of the night test matches really attract?

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Do those numbers indicate existing Stan subscribers who picked up the Sports package, are they new subscribers to Stan or is it potentially a mix of both?

Pretty sure that Rugby on 9/Stan ticked all the boxes this year so hopefully they can grow the numbers, after all it is only the first year of a three year deal.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    At this stage, the only coverage of the Spring Test matches is with Amazon Prime. They hold worldwide TV Rights

I inquired to StanSport -

"will Stan be broadcasting the Wallabies European Tests next month?"

"Hi Simon, no news at this stage but we'll pass this along to our team for you."
    some more news from StanSport

"Hi there,

We're just getting in touch to let you know that every match of the 2021 Autumn Nations Series, including every Wallabies, All Blacks and Springboks' Spring Tour Test and more matches featuring World Rugby's top ten ranked nations will be available to stream live and on demand on Stan Sport!

You will also have access to every match of the 2021 Women's Autumn International series."

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Name:  times 1.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  194.0 KB
    Name:  times 2.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  189.9 KB

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Wow, good on Stan what a diffrence a day makes, I was down in the dumps yesterday trying to justify why were unlikley to see the Wallaby matches and then we wake this morning to all sorts of goodies in the Spring Hamper Basket.

And together with mini matches and highlights it makes watching all the games not featuring Aus, SA and NZ so much easier to get in my time poor scheduling.

Well done Stan Sport

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Got to say, that is pretty impressive. Fox couldn't even manage all the Australian games half the time, what with the different broadcasters having exclusive rights and what have you. Let alone carry all the games, not just Australian matches.

vCash
    Great news, indeed. I'm a fan of those mini matches too. It's not an option to watch every match available but you can pick and choose then catch up on others of interest via the minis.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Yesterday I emailed Rugby Australia trying to suss out who would be showing the Spring Tour (obviously before this mornings update), anyway they got back to me with this:

Thank you for contacting Rugby Australia.

As we do not manage the rights for International Tests we are waiting to receive confirmation for the broadcaster.

The broadcaster for Spring Tour has not been confirmed however, will likely be Stan Sport. The broadcaster will announce before the end of the week. Once announced, we will update our websites on the links below:
    So I guess Stan has done a deal with the overseas Unions for the telecast rights. Also explains the previous dog breakfast that AndyS was referring to.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Looks like it might be a 'best of both worlds' case, as it seems Fox may also be carrying the whole schedule via Bein. Some change over a couple of years ago.

Now just need Nine to decide they might as well make something out of live sport in an otherwise dead time slot, and to show some (any) progress on getting Stan into pubs. They are just conceding a huge chunk of the sports broadcast market without a fight ATM, and don't even seem to realise it.

vCash
    Here's a link to Bein Sports for anyone wondering.

https://www.beinsports.com/au/rugby-...-bein-/1772826

Given I get Kayo for $5 a month I might can Stan Sports until Super Rugby starts again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Given I get Kayo for $5 a month I might can Stan Sports until Super Rugby starts again.
    Ahh-huh. Now I know why you are shitty with Emperor PVL cutting back on NRL digital rights.

vCash
    SMH tweeting that Noah Lolesio has been called into the squad.

As the obvious first cab off the rank with the current playing roster why was he not taken in the first place, hindsight is easy but it made no sense not taking him to learn, I do not buy the sales pitch we were thrown about needing pre seasons....

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast