Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Wallabies v Argentina Saturday 25/09/2021

  1. #1
    Champion Tazzmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,428
    vCash
    5556000

    Wallabies v Argentina Saturday 25/09/2021

    Good to see Izaak to start and Feleti and Robbo again named to come on from the bench

    Wallabies team to play Argentina at Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville on Saturday 25 September, 8:05pm AEST

    1. James Slipper (108 Tests)

    2. Folau Fainga’a (19 Tests)

    3. Taniela Tupou (33 Tests)

    4. Izack Rodda (28 Tests)

    5. Matt Philip (17 Tests)

    6. Rob Leota (1 Test)

    7. Michael Hooper (c) (113 Tests)

    8. Rob Valetini (12 Tests)

    9. Nic White (41 Tests)

    10. Quade Cooper (72 Tests)

    11. Marika Koroibete (41 Tests)

    12. Samu Kerevi (36 Tests)

    13. Len Ikitau (7 Tests)

    14. Andrew Kellaway (7 Tests)

    15. Reece Hodge (51 Tests)

    Replacements

    16. Feleti Kaitu’u (2 Tests)

    17. Angus Bell (10 Tests)

    18. Tom Robertson (25 Tests)

    19. Darcy Swain (7 Tests)

    20. Pete Samu (13 Tests)

    21. Tate McDermott (10 Tests)

    22. James O’Connor (55 Tests)

    23. Jordan Petaia (12 Tests)

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The Force Onwards and Upwards

  2. #2
    Champion Tazzmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,428
    vCash
    5556000
    Interesting no McMahon after all the media hype during the week, also appears Wright (was called into camp), McReight and Wilson falling out of favour and is Leota in as payback for tearing up contract to remain in Australia, good to see Swinton dropped though

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The Force Onwards and Upwards

  3. #3
    Legend Contributor .X.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    6,020
    vCash
    358000
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Interesting no McMahon after all the media hype during the week, also appears Wright (was called into camp), McReight and Wilson falling out of favour and is Leota in as payback for tearing up contract to remain in Australia, good to see Swinton dropped though
    Why the Swinton hate?

    Accidental head-on-head contact should never have been any sort of card nor any TV Match Official Review that wasted 5 minutes of the broadcast.


    I asked the question last week and I will ask it again - 4 Match officials watched live and on 10+ replays on the big screen 2 players clashing heads at full speed and slow motion from 6 different angles. Yet neither player was sent to the sideline for an HIA. What the actual fuck? If we are being serious about protecting players and player's safety. Let's make sure that they are OK.

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Exile
    Sydney


    "Ehh, Good Enough" - Mediocrates

  4. #4
    Champion Tazzmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,428
    vCash
    5556000
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Why the Swinton hate?
    No hate and nothing do with his card magnetism, I just do not feel he deserves to be in the squad on merit alone.

    Fergus Lee Warner, Pete Samu, Liam Wright and now MacMahon far better sixes in my books that should be picked before him

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The Force Onwards and Upwards

  5. #5
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    19,466
    vCash
    7402800
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Why the Swinton hate?

    Accidental head-on-head contact should never have been any sort of card nor any TV Match Official Review that wasted 5 minutes of the broadcast.
    You should know the protocol now
    1 was there head contact?
    2 was there foul play?

    Yes to both, the minimum you can give is a yellow, the moment the tackle was judged to be foul play a yellow was the bottom standard and red the likely outcome.

    The Swinton hate is because he steadfastly refuses to improve his tackling style and therefore attracts cards like flies to his shitty technique.

    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    I asked the question last week and I will ask it again - 4 Match officials watched live and on 10+ replays on the big screen 2 players clashing heads at full speed and slow motion from 6 different angles. Yet neither player was sent to the sideline for an HIA. What the actual fuck? If we are being serious about protecting players and player's safety. Let's make sure that they are OK.
    On that point we can agree

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  6. #6
    Legend Contributor .X.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    6,020
    vCash
    358000
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

    The Swinton hate is because he steadfastly refuses to improve his tackling style and therefore attracts cards like flies to his shitty technique.


    Considering Swinton has only been in the general public eye this year (2021 SuperRugby Au & TransTasman and the Current Test Series) I think your generalisations are a bit of a stretch. How many cards do you think he has received this year?

    I did a quick look (https://rugby.statbunker.com/)- One card during SuperRugbyAU and one last weekend for the Wallabies.

    Yes, I think his technique needs some fine-tuning. But he isnt as bad as you make out.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Exile
    Sydney


    "Ehh, Good Enough" - Mediocrates

  7. #7
    Player chiraag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northbridge
    Posts
    337
    vCash
    2554000
    This is probably a better source for stats: https://all.rugby/player/lachlan-swinton

    So for the wallabies, he's had 1 YC and 1 RC in 6 games, which is a completely unacceptable risk. It's a repeated issue with his technique that he'd been told to work on over a year ago. Certainly not worth the risk given the other cattle available.

    His strike rate at the Tahs isn't nearly as bad with 3 cards in 29 starts, but that's still not great.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    19,466
    vCash
    7402800
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Considering Swinton has only been in the general public eye this year (2021 SuperRugby Au & TransTasman and the Current Test Series) I think your generalisations are a bit of a stretch. How many cards do you think he has received this year?

    I did a quick look (https://rugby.statbunker.com/)- One card during SuperRugbyAU and one last weekend for the Wallabies.

    Yes, I think his technique needs some fine-tuning. But he isnt as bad as you make out.
    Red card on debut
    Yellow card in the game against the Force
    A yellow card for a dumb cleanout to the face after the whistle (think against the reds)

    The man's a time bomb

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  9. #9
    Legend Contributor .X.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    6,020
    vCash
    358000
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    This is probably a better source for stats: https://all.rugby/player/lachlan-swinton
    Thank you - I wasn't aware of that one....

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Exile
    Sydney


    "Ehh, Good Enough" - Mediocrates

  10. #10
    Legend Contributor .X.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    6,020
    vCash
    358000

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Exile
    Sydney


    "Ehh, Good Enough" - Mediocrates

  11. #11
    Senior Player Leo86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    595
    vCash
    5544000
    Medrano starting
    Miotti on bench
    No Cubelli? Any news?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    5,949
    vCash
    5714567
    I hope there's some turf left to play on, after the NZ v SA game.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

  13. #13
    Veteran chibi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Chinatown, Roe St
    Posts
    2,814
    vCash
    5280000
    Strange choice of kit combinations for this one

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!


    Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

    Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

  14. #14
    Veteran Sheikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,587
    vCash
    336000
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Strange choice of kit combinations for this one
    Yeah, if the Wallabies are going to wear a dark green kit, couldn't they have let the Argentinians have own their light blue and white stripes rather than their dark blue change strip?

    4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

  15. #15
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    14,318
    vCash
    5548000
    Very pleasing to get 3 in a row. One area that has let us down for a long time is catching contestable kicks. It's been a real momentum killer and was again tonight for quite a period.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 24-09-21, 21:30
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-09-21, 22:31
  3. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-09-21, 08:35
  4. 2021 Wallabies camp squad
    By Sheikh in forum Wallabies
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-08-21, 14:50
  5. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-07-21, 09:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •