Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wallabies vs Springboks Saturday 18 Sep 2021 TRC

vCash
    Well that was pretty encouraging. Forwards hard at the breakdown and getting some rewards. Lineout still klunky but improved. Scrum just about adequate. Just. Improved handling and pass execution at speed. Jeez I hope Marika will still available with only 35 caps.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    A much better game from the Wallabies. Great to see some players stand up.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Shame robbos 7 minutes wasn't enough for him to get in the game, izack did well, doing everything a good lock should do. Feleti was tidy but I did see him attempt on faingaa-style chop tackle, is that coached?

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Well there's been a little bit of talk here about whether the RC replacement rule is a good idea. Yesterday we saw another example of Sir almost talking himself into a RC for an offence that should not have even been considered.

OTOH we have an incident yesterday in France that 100% should not have been allowed a replacement.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/...2e3831c23ac004

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Well there's been a little bit of talk here about whether the RC replacement rule is a good idea. Yesterday we saw another example of Sir almost talking himself into a RC for an offence that should not have even been considered.

OTOH we have an incident yesterday in France that 100% should not have been allowed a replacement.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/...2e3831c23ac004
    Or how the Ref tried to talk himself out of a card for Wiese after a direct shoulder to the head of Kerevi.

Guess it's not a Test vs South Africa without a cheap shot or an eye gouge - how that deliberate eye poke on Cooper avoided scrutiny is crazy.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    https://www.rugby.com.au/news/the-ru...an-out-2021921

Unbelievable that the Saffers are blowing up about the timing of the farcical judiciary process meaning they can't pick Wiesse to assault some All Balcks this weekend.

The judgement sounds like the commission were paid off and had to scramble to find a reason why he shouldn't be scrubbed out. He came from the side, the contact was direct shoulder to head and it was at least a couple of seconds after the whistle. I can't think of a clearer red card.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

The judgement sounds like the commission were paid off
    What it sounds more like is that you have upgraded to a tin Sombrero

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    What it sounds more like is that you have upgraded to a tin Sombrero
    I dunno

They said the contact was indirect, I challenge you to use video to support that statement
    They failed to make any mention of the fact that the whistle had blown an eternity before the contact
    They then went on to discuss the way he made a play at the ball etc (which all would have been legal if he wasn't cynically entering the ruck from the side well after the ball was called dead)

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    and in the latest Nigel Owens youtube. Faf deKlerk's Yellow - wasn't a Yellow. in his opinion.

Exile
    Sydney

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    That's an outright stupid opinion. We were on penalty advantage. Faf continued to play the ball despite being told not to (his own player was trapping the ball in). From an offside position, he played the half back. Cynical and yellow every single day of the week. Good on the ref for having the balls to match him.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    It all depends on whether he was onside really, doesn't it?

If he came from an onside position, he's entitled to play the halfback once the ball has left the ruck, which it had. I'd need to have another look at the video to see whether DeKlerk actually got onside

After watching Nige's take on it, that's certainly an interesting interpretation, so players who are bound to the ruck and therefore not offside are allowed to play the halfback? I thought that was a definite no no

(don't reckon DeKlerk was bound though)

Last edited by GIGS20; 23-09-21 at 08:30.
    C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    It depends on whether you consider him bound to the ruck. I.e. if he isn't bound, he can't play White. I don't think his other arm really is.

But in the scheme of things all of that is irrelevant. We had an advantage while hot on attack. While on advantage, the Bok tackler didn't roll away and prevented Nic White from accessing the ball, effectively killing it (another penalty). If he wasn't doing that, Faf may have had rights to it. The ref was communicating to Faf to stop to allow a fair advantage to be played. Faf didn't stop. Whether you ping Faf for that, or the Bok tackler, someone deserved a yellow for it. It was every bit cynical.

If a Wallaby player did the same thing (repeated infringements, killing the ball when opposition is on advantage), I'd expect cheese every day of the week. I feel pretty strongly about this because there is so much cynical play, particularly from the ABs, but we are all guilty of it because the consequences aren't strict enough.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    The other bit I'd be considering with Faf is that White wouldn't be vulnerable to being played if he didn't have to get the ball from where he did. He had to get the ball from where he did due to the illegal body placement of the Bok tackler.

Was Carley following the letter of the law? Who the heck knows- it is so open to interpretation. Was Carley fair? Yes. Faf had been given plenty of warning not to be a nuisance.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Faf also arrived late to the ruck and stuck his hands in to slow the ball, Carley told him 2 or 3 times to get out of it and then he reached slapped the ball out of White's hand. Pure Dumb fuck if you ask me.
    The other one should have been totally red, he came from the side, smashed Samu in the head with the shoulder all after the ref had motioned and blown the whistle for a penalty! The biggest thing for mine was how late the hit was after the whistle! Pure Unadulterated dumb fuckery!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast