Thread: AG RUGBY SIGNS USA EAGLE MARCEL BRACHE

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

AG RUGBY SIGNS USA EAGLE MARCEL BRACHE

From here

AUSTIN, TX (September 3, 2020) AG Rugby is delighted to announce the signing of USA Eagle #503 Marcel Brache. Brache will earn his 25th USA cap this Saturday in the Eagles’ first Rugby World Qualifier against Canada, he’ll suit up alongside his new AG teammates in Will Magie and Bryce Campbell.

“Bryce Campbell, Will Magie, and Ruben de Haas spoke really highly of the environment and ambitions within the squad and then Coach Sam Harris made me really optimistic and excited about the move to Austin,” says Brache. “Austin looks to be a place that’s wanting to garner success, be a championship-winning side, and they’re also wanting to be a unique, global franchise and world-class organization that can compete with the best in the world – I’m just excited to be a part of it.”

The 6’3” 237lbs utility back has played outside center, wing, and fullback throughout his career and will certainly bring added versatility to the AG backline. Brache tallied over 58 Super Rugby appearances in his time with the Stormers and most recently Western Force. Brache was born in Los Angeles but was raised primarily in South Africa. He made his professional breakthrough with Western Province in Capetown before the call-up to the Stormers in 2013. Since 2014, Brache has been in Perth playing for Western Force and Spirit, along with several tours with the USA Eagles.

Brache played every match with the Eagles at the 2019 Rugby World Cup, and looks to boost the Eagles to another World Cup starting this weekend against Canada.

AG Rugby Head Coach Sam Harris feels Brache’s signing will be a huge coup for the organization. “Absolutely delighted to bring Marcel into the AG family, He is a quality player that affords us flexibility in the outside backs,” says Harris. “His experience over the last 8 seasons in Australia and on the international stage with the Eagles has him coming from a different angle to most American players. He will only add to the group of outstanding young men we already have at AG rugby.”

Brache joins an AG team excited to reload and make another push at the MLR Shield. The squad fell just a match short of the playoffs last season and is hoping Brache’s addition can help put the team over the top.

“My job first and foremost is a rugby player and I look to build on the established standard of success by competing every day, and on top of that I think I can be a supporting character to the younger guys on the team and in the local rugby community,” says Brache.

Welcome to the AG family, Marcel Brache!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    The 6’3” 237lbs utility back has played outside center, wing, and fullback throughout his career and will certainly bring added versatility to the AG backline. Brache tallied over 58 Super Rugby appearances in his time with the Stormers and most recently Western Force.
    Hang on a minute, 6'3'' and 107.5 kg ... WTF?!

Still, good luck to Marcel at the Texas Adam Gilchrist (the other Gilly) franchise.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!