Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wallabies A vs WA?

Senior Player
    vCash

Wallabies A vs WA?

Word on the street is that Wallabies A are playing a combined Western Force / Academy / Club team on Saturday morning somewhere

Anyone have more details?

A great opportunity for players to test themselves at a higher level. The downside is that some premier grade teams have just had their best players ripped away from them 4 days before a semi final.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    Word on the street is that Wallabies A are playing a combined Western Force / Academy / Club team on Saturday morning somewhere

Anyone have more details?

A great opportunity for players to test themselves at a higher level. The downside is that some premier grade teams have just had their best players ripped away from them 4 days before a semi final.
    Is that actual news, or someone said something to someone else and it got passed on as gossip type news?

The Wallabies (or at least some of them) were at local grounds last weekend, so it's easy to imagine a scenario where something was said as a joke; I'd be surprised if Rennie risked any players picking up knocks the day before the Bledisloe 3/TRC Round 2 match.

But the Bledisloe will be 3 weeks since they last played; I'd have thought any Wallabies v Force/WA Gold 'training session' would have been last weekend/early this week.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Is that actual news, or someone said something to someone else and it got passed on as gossip type news?

The Wallabies (or at least some of them) were at local grounds last weekend, so it's easy to imagine a scenario where something was said as a joke; I'd be surprised if Rennie risked any players picking up knocks the day before the Bledisloe 3/TRC Round 2 match.

But the Bledisloe will be 3 weeks since they last played; I'd have thought any Wallabies v Force/WA Gold 'training session' would have been last weekend/early this week.
    I would think, if it was going to happen, it wouldn't involve anyone who is close to being in the matchday 23, potentially not even somebody who might be called in to cover a player pulling out due to a late niggle would also be excluded.

There would be no reason why the extended squad members couldn't play such a game, unless there's a fear that they might not be fit to hold the tackle bags next week.

I would think the WA squad would be more likely to refuse since their team would consist of their best players who would have to back up in the middle of finals season.

C'mon the

vCash
    Apparently it is a thing, unsure of the location.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    No force players or club players from top 4 are playing.there all available for there club

Player
    vCash
    No force players or club players from top 4 are playing.they are all available for there club semi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bally View Post
    No force players or club players from top 4 are playing.there all available for there club
    Heard the same thing.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Heard the same thing.
    Ok so just teams placed 5th - 8th that are affected. Fair enough given they are only playing for the championship

vCash
    Wesley College have posted that the opposed training session is at Collins Oval in Como on Saturday starting at 12 - do they mean Collier Reserve?

Cheers Rugby Australia for taking attention away from the local finals that will be taking place at the same time.

Ok so just teams placed 5th - 8th that are affected. Fair enough given they are only playing for the championship
    Having a training run against the Wallabies is probably more fun than playing some Povo championship plate thing.

This isn't a 7s comp.

Last edited by jargan83; 01-09-21 at 18:15.

Champion
    vCash
    Shows how much this shit championship thing is regarded, said it once and I'll say it again, when mediocrity is rewarded there is a problem, if you don't make top 4 your season is done and dusted and trying to make it out to be anything else is for those that will never be the real deal.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Shows how much this shit championship thing is regarded, said it once and I'll say it again, when mediocrity is rewarded there is a problem, if you don't make top 4 your season is done and dusted and trying to make it out to be anything else is for those that will never be the real deal.
    Yeah should just be a standard top 8 like the afl format or even top 6

vCash
    Wesley College have posted that the opposed training session is at Collins Oval in Como on Saturday starting at 12 - do they mean Collier Reserve?
    Well: Collins Oval is where Wesley play their sports, so I imagine they mean Collins Oval. It's on Thelma Street, not far from the waste transfer station.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Well: Collins Oval is where Wesley play their sports, so I imagine they mean Collins Oval. It's on Thelma Street, not far from the waste transfer station.
    Google calls that Collier Reserve!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Not according to google maps and a google search returns an oval in Victoria.

vCash
    Not according to google maps and a google search returns an oval in Victoria.
    PSA don't recognise Collins Oval eitherhttps://www.psa.wa.edu.au/contact/playing-venues/

C'mon the

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast