Thread: Super Rugby 2022

vCash
    That's fantastic.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    That's fantastic.
    Indeed. It amuses me greatly to think that, for all they get held up as the bogeyman, if China had annexed Australia their government would now be copping all sorts of criticism for leaving it to the provinces to protect the people and they should be a cracking down hard on the non-conformists.

Less amused to think it has all been a waste of time and everyone will still be at the mercy of every case to enter the state.

vCash
    A waste of time? With most sensible citizens double vaxxed and heading towards triple. That'll dead set do me.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Sure. Yet one idiot has them shutting things down and masking everyone up...on that basis, what is the difference between now and 18 months ago? It will only be incremental improvements between here and February, so what happens when the first positive test comes in then? They will be coming by the dozens then, so it doesn't bode well for "living with it"...

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    OK. Ignoring vaccines; how about buying time to develop effective antivirals arrange more ICU infructure etc??

Maybe forget all that and just transfuse us all with Pine-O-Clean?

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    What, that's all going to happen in the next six weeks? We've either done the hard yards and are on the verge of opening up, or everyone is in immediate danger from one moron who doesn't let feeling crook get in the way of his holiday. There are going to be hundreds of people coming in soon with no intention or tolerance for isolation; what is going to be the huge step change in the next 40 days that will mean the exact same circumstances will instead be just a shrug?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Welcome to 2022. And the rest of the world. With nowhere as many deaths as might have been.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Yet we are still reacting as though it is 2020. They've cancelled all large public events...in six weeks time when someone returns a positive on their test 48hrs after arrival (or worse, 6 days), why won't it be the same again? Can't see that much will be different by then; can you think of any events or competitions starting in February?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I think The Emperor is just buying a little more time to find out which strain is involved, given the very low protection to Omicron after 6 months. I'm in the underlying lung condition group and due for a booster in 2 weeks. I'm only just "in the red" and have prevented any deterioration by cycling around 150 km a week. So I'm happy with the cautious approach.

P.S. I Think we are a at crossed purposes with this little thread hijack anyway. I was on about all the achievements of the past 2 years not being "the whole thing was a waste of time". Not this latest hiccup.

Last edited by shasta; 24-12-21 at 08:53.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Some are quick to put down the Emporer of WA, but - from an outsider looking in, I think he has done the best job out of all - except maybe the Territory.

OK so you got shut out from the rest of the country. Would you rather that - or locked down for 16 weeks??

Politicians are only as good as the Science/Medical advice they have received.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I don't think too many people are having a crack at the God King McGowan - he's done a fantastic job throughout the global shit show

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I don't think too many people are having a crack at the God King McGowan - he's done a fantastic job throughout the global shit show
    sorry mate - It was just the impression that I got.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    The thing that has worked is he's been quite strict and consistent.That is until he mysteriously allowed an unvaccinated backpacker into the state avter requiring vaccination certificates for nearly a month.That one just seems fishy.

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    The thing that has worked is he's been quite strict and consistent.That is until he mysteriously allowed an unvaccinated backpacker into the state avter requiring vaccination certificates for nearly a month.That one just seems fishy.
    At the time of travel, very low risk and low risk states didn’t require vaccination to travel to WA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maelkann View Post
    At the time of travel, very low risk and low risk states didn’t require vaccination to travel to WA.
    On the 5th of December I was required to provide proof of vaccination to return to wa from a very low risk state, when did that change?

C'mon the

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast