Thread: Wallabies legend clinging to life after being stabbed inside family home

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

Wallabies legend clinging to life after being stabbed inside family home

A Wallabies cult hero has reportedly been stabbed inside his family home in a “stabbing rampage” where his wife and children were also injured.

Tyson Otto

AUGUST 16, 20218:20AM
    Toutai Kefu is fighting for life after a home invasion turned into a horrific stabbing at his Brisbane home.
    Wallabies legend Toutai Kefu has been rushed to hospital and is reportedly clinging to life after being stabbed during a home invasion.

The Australian rugby cult hero was stabbed in the stomach inside his family home in Brisbane during an incident where his wife, son and daughter are also reported to have been injured.

All four were taken to hospital in ambulances.

The 47-year-old is undergoing surgery at the Princess Alexandria Hospital.

He was reportedly defending his family after three men broke into the family home in Coorparoo around 3am (AEST) on Monday morning.

According to Channel 7, neighbours were woken and raced to the scene to help, holding down one of the alleged offenders who was arrested at the scene.

According to a Queensland Police statement, two men are in police custody.

Sunrise’s Brisbane correspondent Bianca Stone reported Monday morning Kefu is “fighting for life”.

She described the incident as a “stabbing rampage” and a “large brawl” when speaking on Channel 7 Monday morning.

The statement released by Queensland Police confirmed a “violent” altercation left four members of the home injured.

“Police have two males in custody following a burglary and wounding in Cooparoo this morning,” the statement read.

“Police were called to Buena Vista Avenue at around 3am in relation to an incident.

“Early information suggested a number of males were disturbed breaking into a dwelling there and a violent altercation left four members of the house injured.

“One male was restrained and taken into custody at the scene.

“Further offenders fled in a car toward Woolloongabba.

“The four injured residents were transported to the Princess Alexander Hospital for treatment. A man in his 40s has serious injuries. Investigators urge witnesses to contact police.”

His wife suffered a significant arm injury, while his son suffered lacerations to his back and abdominals. His daughter suffered a hand injury.

Kefu played 60 times for the Wallabies, including winning the World Cup in 1999, and made 103 appearances for the Queensland Reds during his career.

He is currently the head coach of the Tongan national team.

from news.com.au

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

UPDATE

from foxsports.com.au

Update: Toutai Kefu is out of surgery after a brutal stabbing, which left the Wallabies legend and his family clinging for life.

It comes as a 15-year-old was reportedly charged with attempted murder.

Kefu, who won the World Cup with the Wallabies in 1999, was stabbed in his Brisbane home while trying to defend his family during a reported break-in during the early hours of Monday morning.

The former back-rower was at home when three people broke into his family home in Coorparoo at 3am on Monday morning.

Foxsports.com.au has been told Kefu was stabbed in the liver and has multiple wounds in the abdomen. Doctors are keeping a close eye on the 47-year-old, who along with his family confronted a group of men and a brawl erupted.

Seven ambulance crews attended the scene and he was rushed to Princess Alexandra Hospital and is in a serious condition with abdominal wounds.

Kefu’s wife, Rachel, son and daughter were injured during the frenzy and were also taken to hospital.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I hate how the media sensationalise such things. "clinging for life" etc.

Not trying to minimise what a shocking thing this is to have happened, and I hope the right offenders are dealt with appropriately for such a terrible thing. I'd have clicked a headline that just said something about a former :wallaby: great/legend and family being hospitalised after a home invasion.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    I hate how the media sensationalise such things. "clinging for life" etc.

Not trying to minimise what a shocking thing this is to have happened, and I hope the right offenders are dealt with appropriately for such a terrible thing. I'd have clicked a headline that just said something about a former :wallaby: great/legend and family being hospitalised after a home invasion.
    I'm pretty sure everything I read indicated he was seriously injured, stabbed multiple times in the abdomen with lacerations to his liver. I'm the first to accuse the media of sensationalising shit to get click but this one doesn't appear to have been completely unjustified

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I'm pretty sure everything I read indicated he was seriously injured, stabbed multiple times in the abdomen with lacerations to his liver. I'm the first to accuse the media of sensationalising shit to get click but this one doesn't appear to have been completely unjustified
    I think it was the Roar which said the attacker used a machete. Don't know if they were sensationalising it, but wielded properly those things can cause a heck of a lot of damage.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    The perps included a 13 year-old and a 15-year old.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby