Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Optus Stadium set to host Wallabies in massive double-header of international rugby n

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    What a load of word salad from Marinos
    You are obviously unaware that in the corporate world you get points for verbosity. Say turning a 2 minute statement into a 15 minute marathon you get maximum points. Throw in an original bit of gobbledygook for everyone to note down and you get bonus points

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Little birdie tells me Sunday September 5 with a 2pm kick off will be the date fo rescheduled Test.
    Your little bird has sung too early

Bledisloe Cup: More confusion as AFL refuse to relinquish hold on Optus Stadium
    Nick Taylor
    The West Australian
    Wed, 25 August 2021 6:44PM
    Nick Taylor

The on-again, off-again Bledisloe Cup clash in Perth has been thrown into further disarray by the AFL’s refusal to release their Father’s Day hold on Optus Stadium.
    There is also concern over the State Government’s travel ban on New Zealanders as the country goes into lockdown amid a growing COVID-19 outbreak.
    But it is understood that if the All Blacks arrive on their charter flight on Thursday as planned it will give them enough time in quarantine - where they will be allowed to train under strict conditions - to play the game.
    WA Health has confirmed they will be cleared to fly in, subject to final approval by the Chief Health Officer.
    However, just when they will play the Wallabies is still in doubt because the AFL - who have first rights on the stadium for September 3, 4 and 5 - have thrown another spanner in the works.
    Rugby Australia was set to announce on Wednesday that the game was locked in for September 5, Father’s Day, - but 30 minutes before the scheduled announcement the AFL pulled the plug.
    They claim they may need the stadium on that Sunday, depending on this weekend’s results, concerned about getting sides into WA with enough “clear air” to play games on Friday or Saturday.
    The AFL do not traditionally play Sunday games after the opening week of finals. The league has been contacted for comment.
    The Bledisloe clash promises to be a feisty affair after off-field relations between RA and RNZ hit new lows when NZR refused to send the All Blacks to Perth for the scheduled fixture on 28 September. citing welfare issues.
    RA had already agreed to move the game from September 21 to accommodate the Kiwis.
    Wallabies coach, New Zealander Dave Rennie, ensured tensions would run high when he launched a blistering attack on the NZR last-minute decision to pull-out.
    “Bloody angry. I just feel there’s only one of us who are interested in doing what’s best for the game,” Rennie said.
    “It tells you more about them than us I’d say. I’m not surprised.
    “I’ve had a couple of years now where I’m on the other side of the ditch. It’s been really disappointing the way they have conducted themselves over that period.
    “It’s all about them without any concept of what it’s doing over here.”
    Rennie said NZR they did not have the courtesy to let Rugby Australia know their decision, revealing his squad only heard through social media.
    RA chief executive Andy Marinos added fuel to the fire after the NZR withdrawal saying they had set unrealistic deadlines before pulling out.
    “They unilaterally discredited us, made a public statement before we even had an opportunity to further discuss. It was pretty clear to me I don’t think they really ever had any intention of playing that game on the 28th,” Marinos said.
    NZR chief executive Mark Robinson denied the claims.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    For f @&@ sake surely they can give one day up!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    For f @&@ sake surely they can give one day up!!
    As much as I agree

For f @&@ sake surely the Kiwi's will honour turning up...

For f @&@ sake surely the RA hasnt pissed off everyone including other Australian codes that they wont work together...

For f @&@ sake surely the AFL who doesnt usually play on Sundays after the first week of finals would give it up subject to an AFL team playing in another state this weekend on Saturday will be able to play on Saturday the 4th...

If it was still game 2 and the NZRU still required the RA to act in good faith as was expected of them, would this conversation even be happening.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    While the AFL can be douches, only question for mine is the higher degree of lockdown to travel from NZ since last week. At the same time, if they can handle teams from the ES, surely they can handle them from NZ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    While the AFL can be douches, only question for mine is the higher degree of lockdown to travel from NZ since last week. At the same time, if they can handle teams from the ES, surely they can handle them from NZ.
    I'd like to seriously hope the All Blacks after spending time with their families then went into a bubble like the wallabies did in Queensland after the French tests were played

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Your little bird has sung too early

Bledisloe Cup: More confusion as AFL refuse to relinquish hold on Optus Stadium
    Nick Taylor
    The West Australian
    Wed, 25 August 2021 6:44PM
    Nick Taylor

The on-again, off-again Bledisloe Cup clash in Perth has been thrown into further disarray by the AFL’s refusal to release their Father’s Day hold on Optus Stadium.
    There is also concern over the State Government’s travel ban on New Zealanders as the country goes into lockdown amid a growing COVID-19 outbreak.
    But it is understood that if the All Blacks arrive on their charter flight on Thursday as planned it will give them enough time in quarantine - where they will be allowed to train under strict conditions - to play the game.
    WA Health has confirmed they will be cleared to fly in, subject to final approval by the Chief Health Officer.
    However, just when they will play the Wallabies is still in doubt because the AFL - who have first rights on the stadium for September 3, 4 and 5 - have thrown another spanner in the works.
    Rugby Australia was set to announce on Wednesday that the game was locked in for September 5, Father’s Day, - but 30 minutes before the scheduled announcement the AFL pulled the plug.
    They claim they may need the stadium on that Sunday, depending on this weekend’s results, concerned about getting sides into WA with enough “clear air” to play games on Friday or Saturday.
    The AFL do not traditionally play Sunday games after the opening week of finals. The league has been contacted for comment.
    The Bledisloe clash promises to be a feisty affair after off-field relations between RA and RNZ hit new lows when NZR refused to send the All Blacks to Perth for the scheduled fixture on 28 September. citing welfare issues.
    RA had already agreed to move the game from September 21 to accommodate the Kiwis.
    Wallabies coach, New Zealander Dave Rennie, ensured tensions would run high when he launched a blistering attack on the NZR last-minute decision to pull-out.
    “Bloody angry. I just feel there’s only one of us who are interested in doing what’s best for the game,” Rennie said.
    “It tells you more about them than us I’d say. I’m not surprised.
    “I’ve had a couple of years now where I’m on the other side of the ditch. It’s been really disappointing the way they have conducted themselves over that period.
    “It’s all about them without any concept of what it’s doing over here.”
    Rennie said NZR they did not have the courtesy to let Rugby Australia know their decision, revealing his squad only heard through social media.
    RA chief executive Andy Marinos added fuel to the fire after the NZR withdrawal saying they had set unrealistic deadlines before pulling out.
    “They unilaterally discredited us, made a public statement before we even had an opportunity to further discuss. It was pretty clear to me I don’t think they really ever had any intention of playing that game on the 28th,” Marinos said.
    NZR chief executive Mark Robinson denied the claims.
    Possibly but I also had the same date told to me tonight by another birdie.

Two birdies telling me the same date.

Last edited by jargan83; 25-08-21 at 22:08.

vCash
    The third and final Bledisloe Cup Test has been locked in for Sunday, 5 September at Optus Stadium in Perth.

The match will now kick-off at the family friendly time of 2:00pm AWST | 4:00pm AEST on Sunday afternoon and will be broadcast ad-free, live and on demand on Stan Sport and simulcast on 9Gem.

There is no better way to celebrate Father’s Day than watching the Wallabies clash with New Zealand at a packed Optus Stadium. Just 2,000 tickets remain so get in quick!!

Ticket holders who purchased tickets to August 28th test will have their tickets automatically transferred to Sunday 5 September unless a refund is requested

vCash
    Told you so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    There is no better way to celebrate Father’s Day than watching the Wallabies clash with New Zealand at a packed Optus Stadium. Just 2,000 tickets remain so get in quick!!
    Unless you already have plans for Father's Day that can't be changed.

Then the better way to celebrate Father's Day is to get your refund and do what you were already planning to do.

Up yours NZRU

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

Then the better way to celebrate Father's Day is to get your refund and do what you were already planning to do.

Up yours NZRU
    I'm going with my Dad... and not my young attention demanding children. I'm content, would of been happier with both the 21st or 28th though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

Up yours NZRU
    Agree mate
    We have been treated like shit in all this but ultimately I blame the AFL
    They could have agreed to Friday or Saturday

Player
    vCash
    IMHO New Zealand Rugby saw an opportunity to get out of playing what they considered an unimportant match …. Future opposition and possible injuries… + maybe getting beaten as well . So they tried and almost succeeded getting it canceled.The blame for the cock up date arrangements is squarely on them .

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    If the Bledisloe had been on the line a Full strength All Blacks would’ve been here for the 21st as planned no doubt …

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsetal06 View Post
    If the Bledisloe had been on the line a Full strength All Blacks would’ve been here for the 21st as planned no doubt …
    At least on that point I don't think Ra would have been any different.

C'mon the

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10