Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Optus Stadium set to host Wallabies in massive double-header of international rugby n

vCash
    Living with Covid with a vaccinated population (well at least 80%) is a completely different proposition to living with for example only 15% of Sydney vaccinated where it's currently running loose.

The NSW government fuelled by 95% of the media pumping their tyres telling them they're the Gold Standard or the piece of Vomit puff piece about how Gladys is the Woman that Saved Australia.

There have been so many comments that have not aged well coming back to bite Gladys and co and while I don't have any ill Will to the people of NSW, I do find it hilarious that this is happening to its useless, destructive State Government. Also some splash back should probably land at the feet of our useless Federal Government as well.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Disagree with your first statement. It will look very similar to the spread of cases and thousand odd deaths they're saying constitute acceptability for dropping all the barriers (assuming they've got all their modelling assumptions right and it doesn't turn out to be a lot more). A stable/consistent number of cases and deaths manageable within the capacity of the hospital system...Sydney would look very much like their model.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Player
    vCash
    Maybe in the next pandemic…… someone will learn politics and virus don’t mix ….nah not going to happen.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Samu Kerevi joining wallabies for the Perth test.

So that means he must have signed on with an Aussie team.

ps just read that he is coming in as two players allowed under a giteau law modifation.

Champion
    vCash
    Bit more from The West. Says at the end there are still tickets available

Rugby Australia boss Hamish McLennan backs Perth to win Rugby Championship double-header bid
    Nick Taylor
    The West Australian
    Mon, 9 August 2021 4:05PM

Rugby Australia chairman Hamish McLennan has thrown his support behind a massive double-header of international rugby at Optus Stadium next month.
    Planning is underway to play two Rugby Championship games with Australia against reigning World Cup champions South Africa and New Zealand facing Argentina on 11 September.
    “There’s never been anything like this. If it was to happen, Perth would be the envy of the rugby world,” McLennan said.
    “You would get the chance to see four great teams.”
    While other states are pushing for the games, COVID-free WA is a firm favourite to win the bid.
    “We are taking the national view that Western Australia has very secure borders,” McLennan said.
    “NSW is looking particularly grim, and whilst Queensland has been very accommodating so far, we just need to try as best we can to predict where we’ll be with COVID later in the year.”
    RA is in discussions with WA Police and relevant health authorities, the Federal Government and the New Zealand, South Africa and Argentina rugby unions.
    “We are in deep dialogue, WA is a strong possibility and we’d love to be there,” McLennan said.
    The original plan was for South Africa and Argentina to spend two weeks in training bubbles in NSW for their matches.
    The French did the same before their three Test series against Australia with games played in Melbourne and Brisbane.
    “Everything is on the table. We are still trying to work out the logistics,” McLennan said.
    “Perth has great facilities, there’s a huge South African expat population in WA and we want to grow the game in WA by playing more matches there.
    “We think it is a terrific place to hold world class rugby matches.
    “We definitely want to play more in Perth and there are definitely at least a few Tests on the cards if it all works out.”
    The possibility of Rugby Championship double-headers was investigated last year before the Springboks withdrew from the tournament.
    “We’d love to re-instigate double headers,” McLennan said.
    “It is a viable proposition.
    “There’s a lot planning to do but if we can make it happen, we’d be delighted to play a double header in Perth.”
    The games would take place after the Wallabies play the All Blacks in the third Bledisloe Cup Test at Optus, with the New Zealanders likely to then remain in Perth.
    A WA Health spokesperson said: “The Australian Government is responsible for Australia’s international border.
    “Anyone who wants to enter WA from outside Australia is required to complete 14 days mandatory hotel quarantine upon arrival, with the exception of those entering from New Zealand, which is currently categorised as ‘very low risk’ under WA’s controlled border.
    “If someone has completed quarantine in another ‘low’ or ‘medium’ risk jurisdiction, they must apply to enter Western Australia and meet any required conditions under the controlled border arrangements, before being allowed to enter without further quarantine requirements.”
    About 2000 tickets for Perth’s Bledisloe Cup match on August 28 are still available after an allocation was returned by interstate fans unable to travel.

vCash
    So only about 2000 people were coming over for the game on 21/28 Aug? Not a great return on the $millions the WA government would have paid to Rugby Australia for the hosting rights.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    So only about 2000 people were coming over for the game on 21/28 Aug? Not a great return on the $millions the WA government would have paid to Rugby Australia for the hosting rights.
    An educated guess would be 2000 people were a group booking.

a lot of people, me included. had to cancel. My tickets were purchased thru Western Force friends.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    An educated guess would be 2000 people were a group booking.

a lot of people, me included. had to cancel. My tickets were purchased thru Western Force friends.
    Yeah, I looked at the seats made available when the extra seats were announced, and there were some times when just a seat or two was available, but the majority of the seats available were entire blocks (I think 3 blocks together on the south side near half-way in the 500 tier were on sale!)

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Senior Player
    vCash
    I sent Ticketmaster an email asking them to cancel 2 of my 7 tickets. Of course they cancelled the whole lot and refunded me the money!

Luckily I managed to re book and get seats for everyone together otherwise sh1t would have seriously hit the fan.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    I cant read it, but in other news today:
    Queensland. Case numbers: Seven new cases. Six locally acquired and in home quarantine. One case from overseas in hotel quarantine.

vCash
    Subscribe to the The West?

No need to thank me...

Last edited by jargan83; 14-08-21 at 08:42.

vCash
    Have The West article in front of me in the newspaper form, the jist of it is:

WA Government expected to make a decision next week, continuing discussions with Rugby Australia. Rugby Australia keen for a decision ASAP so they can begin planning.

Discussions involve whether the Boks and Pumas would have to complete a second quarantine period in WA after serving an initial 2 week period of isolation in NSW.

Another hurdle could be the availability of Optus Stadium as apparently the AFL has first rights to the ground.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Discussions involve whether the Boks and Pumas would have to complete a second quarantine period in WA after serving an initial 2 week period of isolation in NSW...... .
    ...... managed by the Ruby Princess Dept of Quarantine. What could go wrong??

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast