Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: From little things big things grow, it's either that or a clusterfuck

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I think that was the longest sentence ever published on TWF ....

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    and probably one of the most factual

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Actually there were at least nine sentences,just because Bally didn't use a capital letter after the full stop doesn't mean it is not a new sentence,lol

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Bally knows about full stops?

vCash
    Genuinely curious with the response from those aligned to specific clubs:
    Has a relegation/promotion system been considered, but only for Prems?
    What would be the ramifications of a club having 2 teams in Reserves?
    Would it work?

Why/why not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Genuinely curious with the response from those aligned to specific clubs:Has a relegation/promotion system been considered, but only for Prems?What would be the ramifications of a club having 2 teams in Reserves?Would it work?Why/why not?
    Promotion/relegation in each grade would be a bloody nightmare to schedule wouldn't it?Neddies play Wests in first grade but play lions in seconds and Curtin in thirds. That'd be tough wouldn't it?

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Y'know the common thread here, with the exception of our esteemed referees are made by people who may not have visited, met and discussed supporters from suburban clubs.

I can assure you they all have very passionate, dedicated, committed long term club stalwarts.

No, their clubs don't have 80 plus years of history to fall back on.

Yes they have great facilities

Yes they have a vibrant and strong Juniors

No, their clubs don't have $$

So, why doesn't Westie, Fulvio, Bally and perhaps someone from Soaks and Cott as well, head down to these clubs and have a beer in their bar and meet with the committee, coaches and some players? Then offer a constructive path forward with knowledge and understanding of these clubs.

You all bag these clubs from a position of ZERO knowledge except rumours and heresay.

If you care about your club and the game in this town, you will do that. If you only care about your club then continue doing what you all have done for the past decade - feed off rumours, bag aspirational clubs, whinge about RugbyWA, whinge about poaching, moan about clubs forfeiting and so on.

Go on, and visit. I bet they will welcome you and even buy you that drink.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Y'know the common thread here, with the exception of our esteemed referees are made by people who may not have visited, met and discussed supporters from suburban clubs.

I can assure you they all have very passionate, dedicated, committed long term club stalwarts.

So, why doesn't Westie, Fulvio, Bally and perhaps someone from Soaks and Cott as well, head down to these clubs and have a beer in their bar and meet with the committee, coaches and some players? Then offer a constructive path forward with knowledge and understanding of these clubs.

You all bag these clubs from a position of ZERO knowledge except rumours and heresay.

If you care about your club and the game in this town, you will do that. If you only care about your club then continue doing what you all have done for the past decade - feed off rumours, bag aspirational clubs, whinge about RugbyWA, whinge about poaching, moan about clubs forfeiting and so on.

how does any of that help the team's getting pumped. 2 divisions promotion relegation and the rest of your club follows your firsts.the rest of your comments make no sense. We took a bus to arks so we could hang around. I have a good relationship with Kingy.your vision failed just own it .How many games have you been too this year Hans?Joondalup had to jump through hoops to get into 1st1stgrade and have been very competitive since so maybe you just got it wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Promotion/relegation in each grade would be a bloody nightmare to schedule wouldn't it?Neddies play Wests in first grade but play lions in seconds and Curtin in thirds. That'd be tough wouldn't it?
    Most metro Cricket associations manage it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I'd have thought that Neddies would play the same team throughout the grades except when their Reserves are fixtured against, say Curtin. One of the "penalties" for being relegated is very limited home games, probably.

I wondered what would happen in Reserves though, when Curtin 1sts plays Curtin 2nds. And what the fallout would be.

Champion
    vCash
    Doesn't anyone remember what the last attempt at relegation-promotion was like. Wanneroo flogged everyone all year for several seasons and then came the play-offs where it was loaded against the "Districts" side. I think they had to win three of the four games including Colts because the 1st Grade was worth more points. They played ARKS a couple of times but ARKS didn't even have a Colts from what I remember.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Doesn't anyone remember what the last attempt at relegation-promotion was like. Wanneroo flogged everyone all year for several seasons and then came the play-offs where it was loaded against the "Districts" side. I think they had to win three of the four games including Colts because the 1st Grade was worth more points. They played ARKS a couple of times but ARKS didn't even have a Colts from what I remember.
    Just 1st grade it's how the comps run now there will be just more even games and have 2 rounds a year as cross over games

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bally View Post
    Just 1st grade it's how the comps run now there will be just more even games and have 2 rounds a year as cross over games
    So you are saying only 1st Grade compete up and down with promotion and relegation and the other Grades play with themselves.
    Oh by the way, I agree with Fulvio. Can you use full stops and capital letters please to avoid illiterate confusion.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post

Got no idea why you are trying to paint those that have different ideas to you as elitist snobs who don't like to mingle with the newcomers. I would personally know a lot of these people and have done for a long time so don't come on here and strut around like some peacock and talk down to the real rugby people like your the messiah.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    So you are saying only 1st Grade compete up and down with promotion and relegation and the other Grades play with themselves.
    Oh by the way, I agree with Fulvio. Can you use full stops and capital letters please to avoid illiterate confusion.
    he did use full stops-have a closer look-the capital letter is obviously a work in progress

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast