Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: From little things big things grow, it's either that or a clusterfuck

Champion
    vCash

From little things big things grow, it's either that or a clusterfuck

Hearing Curtin defaulted all grades on Saturday which is in direct contrast to the bullshit that gets posted on here about growing the game and how well the delusional have done in getting us into this mess, Cott will be pissed if final's spot's comes down to points differential.

Also hear that a Soaks player suffered a broken femur and ripped his hamstring off the bone before halftime and game was called because Southern Lions wouldn't move the game to their second pitch when requested to by Soaks. Could guarantee the 'LIttle Scotsman'' was behind this disgraceful bullshit act and what an embarrassing way to win a game.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Isn't he Irish?

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I still reckon we need even more teams playing first grade.

When will Kwinana, The Irish, and Swan be added to the competition?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    I still reckon we need even more teams playing first grade.

When will Kwinana, The Irish, and Swan be added to the competition?
    You forgot Geraldton Tiger Sharks.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Or the Dung Beetles.

How could anyone forget the Dung Beetles?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Or the Dung Beetles.

How could anyone forget the Dung Beetles?
    EXACTLY.......

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I dont think there is an Avatar for the Geraldton Tiger Sharks.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Champion
    vCash
    Westie, for decades you have been so negative, everything is doom and gloom. I am really keen to hear how you propose RugbyWa grow the game?

C'mon mate, you have pointed out how delusional some - hope you are referring to me - are. I have to say I am proud that I put my hand up to grow the game, c'mon mate, let's see you do it?

We've been in a lockdown, community sport had no idea any games would go ahead until Friday. I am very surprised other clubs didn't forfeit.

But mate you are right, let's shrink to greatness, let's not grow the games in those suburbs with population growth. You and Carl must be loving the fact that if you could reduce the comp to Wests Scarborough and Wests Scarborough, you could win every comp and every grade.

C'mon Westie - share your plan if you have one, put your hand up or are you frightened you might be criticized. Go - On blame everybody because your shit don't smell, you sound more and more like a federal politician - Just bag anything that encounters a speed bump and offer no alternative. Nor put your hand up to try and improve things.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post

We've been in a lockdown, community sport had no idea any games would go ahead until Friday. I am very surprised other clubs didn't forfeit.

Hansie every club was advised on Tuesday that if allowed all games would go ahead and to prepare to play .

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by travelling_gerry; 05-07-21 at 10:29. Reason: quotes

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wjm View Post
    [Q

Hansie every club was advised on Tuesday that if allowed all games would go ahead and to prepare to play .

My point is that ppl like Westie want the expanded competition to fail, just like the premier shute clubs in Sydney and just like the ARU wanted in 2017. So, any rumour or single event that shows up negativity and doom and gloom is seized upon by small picture people to cheer on the failure of those who put their hands up and try and make things happen.

Perth Irish have 2 teams now and I have to say, their team that plays 4th grade would clean up most premier clubs' 3rd grades.

I bet no naysayer has gone to the new club's home grounds on a training night and met the supporters of ARKS, Southern Lions and even Curtin. Agreed they don't have the history or money to attract quality players and coaches but go and listen to their passion for the game, the desire to play Wests Scarborough, Neddies and Cott etc. the plan to build their coffers and grow their talent. They also have a pretty junior program.

But no, let's put the boot in and scrub them.

Oh and of course I feel for the Soaks player - but for Westie to make mileage out of this. C'mon ..does he really want to make out that Wests Subiaco - Scarborough are the shining knights, never ever playing the same sort of games he is accusing the Lions of doing. Loved the numerous times, Wests crowd would roar with laughter when opponents thought they had scored a try at Rosalie when the field had Blue and White lines.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Also hear that a Soaks player suffered a broken femur and ripped his hamstring off the bone before halftime and game was called because Southern Lions wouldn't move the game to their second pitch when requested to by Soaks. Could guarantee the 'LIttle Scotsman'' was behind this disgraceful bullshit act and what an embarrassing way to win a game.
    Devastating for the Soaks player!
    Ha ha - get your facts right. Were you even there or just going from tittle tattle? And anyway, have you actually seen the 2nd field at Soaks lately? And no, the Little Scotsman had nothing to do with it

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 06-07-21 at 18:16. Reason: Fixed quotes

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugbymum View Post
    was the game not moved for a legit reason?

Devastating for the Soaks player!
    Ha ha - get your facts right. Were you even there or just going from tittle tattle? And anyway, have you actually seen the 2nd field at Soaks lately? And no, the Little Scotsman had nothing to do with it[/QUOTE]

Champion
    vCash
    Cmon Hansie 100 alternative's has been thrashed out on these pages with the overwhelming majority in favour of 2 divisions with promotion/relegation but you keep doing what you do and we'll leave others to do the heavy lifting.

Rugby Mum if I was there don't you think i would be called Soakman so yes it's all second hand but being the inquisitive type that I am I actually looked at the draw and it would appear that the 3rd grade match was played on the second field so it can't have been too bad to have bought such a sudden holt to the 1st grade match, upon even further extensive investigation I have concluded that the number 2 field only had one match played on it because Perth Irish also defaulted both grades even if they could beat most 3rd grade sides apparently.

Curtin weren't the only club struggling like fuck to put sides out ,we all were and we all did

Last edited by westies man; 05-07-21 at 18:28.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    Westie, we spent months looking at Promotion/Relegation, there is no model that would work in our community.

For example as you well know, most premier clubs rely on imports to become and remain competitive. You also know that loyalty and allegiance can be hard to find.

So, explain to me when Wests have a Premier Grade that miss out on finals and a 3rd grade that win. Will you tell your 3rd grade guys - "hey boys, we are playing community next year".

Maybe we look at a points system across all top 3 grades - tell me how that can be sustained when you would need around 100 players at beginning of season to cover injury, movements etc and having the boys all getting game time? Do you at Wests have the coaching, managing and playing resources to cover that.

Promotion/Relegation works well in Single team club competitions. Even in multiple team clubs in Rugby Mad South Africa this model does not retain players, grow clubs and build for long term stability.

One day, Clubs like Neddies, Wests, Soaks, Cott etc need to understand the game is bigger than the club and unless you look to grow the game in those suburbs with demographics that will support the clubs, you will still have to rely on bringing in players, poaching from other clubs and stabbing people in the back. Blind Freddie tells you that the pool of players in suburban Perth is small from Bennet Park to the Foreshore.

So, tell us all how you would implement Promotion Relegation in our Comp.?

Tell me Westie - Has Wests Scaraborough ever forfeited?

Player
    vCash
    For roughly 80yrs a majority of the clubs have grown our game in this state and have lifted the standard.since the expansion of the completion the standard has dropped due to the dilution of the competition. Should we close the doors of the traditional clubs because the suburban clubs can't compete.kala hasn't had any trouble being competitive or winning flags.curtins effort as a club was pathetic on the weekend .they could of trained for 5yrs straight and it wouldn't make a difference and for southern lions to refuse to move fields so they could get some bullshit win shows the integrity of there club.go to 2 comps with bottom 2 sides of top comp plays top 2 in b comp and the finalists who make that gf play in 1st div the next year.not to hard to work out .bring some integrity to the completion and it will stop all the blow outs.neddies was on it's knees last year and instead of bitching and moaning about it we did something about it.before the old you poached our players bullshit check your own backyards and asked why your players left you in the first place.there was openly and above 30 1st grade players actively looking for new clubs last year.either step up and get the right people involved in running your club or join social rugby

Last edited by Bally; 06-07-21 at 23:11.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast