Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Wallabies announce 38-man squad for France

vCash
    Yeah GIGS. Leave your anti Wallaby at the door in future!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Just saw a tweet from some bloke called Sam Bruce stating that 691k people watched the Test last night on channel 9.

Would be keen to see the Stan numbers.
    "Meanwhile, RA are thrilled with the television ratings for Saturday’s series decider.

The peak national audience hit 952,000 and the average national audience was 691,000 - making the match the highest watched non-news program of the night. Stan Sport also estimated more than 200,000 watched on the streaming platform." - SMH

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...18-p58aq1.html

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Pretty good numbers on the back of some decent numbers from the Super Rugby season.

Ditching Fox was the best thing Rugby Australia has done.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It's like free-to-air actually helps...

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    If anything I think Nine/Stan does a better job at promoting what they've paid for. Don't forget that Tests we're simulcast on Chanel 10 for the past 5 or 6 years.

The 12 hour delay for FTA for Super Rugby was destined to fail.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Wallabies winger Marika Koroibete is available to play the All Blacks in the Bledisloe Cup opener after a World Rugby judiciary hearing decided not to uphold his red card from the third Test against France, finding there were mitigating circumstances in the incident.

The decision to send off Koroibete for a high tackle on France’s Anthony Jelonch in the fifth minute of Australia’s stirring 33-30 victory at Suncorp was widely criticised.

The decision, made by Brett O’Keeffe on advice from the TMO, was labelled an “absolute travesty” by All Blacks legend Andrew Mehrtens.
    A World Rugby hearing on Monday night cleared Koroibete in determining initial contact was made with Jelonch’s shoulder.
    “The player Marika Koroibete admitted to technically committing an act of foul play worthy of a red card,” World Rugby said in a statement.
    “Having reviewed all the evidence, the committee deemed that Marika Koroibete’s tackle on French loose-forward Anthony Jelonch initially made shoulder to shoulder contact at the fifth minute of the game.

“Subsequently, through the impact, any contact to the chest and neck was incidental by Koroibete. Therefore, World Rugby’s Head Contact Process was not met due to mitigating factors, and the act of the foul play was secondary.
    “On that basis, the committee did not uphold the red card and the player is free to play again immediately.”

https://www.theroar.com.au/2021/07/1...rows-travesty/

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    #FU ARU
    "May I assure you I have just begun to fight mate" Twiggy Forrest, 05/09/17

vCash
    Even though Koirebete got off I find that decision disappointing if the report is accurate.

As I understand it, foul play can only be downgraded if the tackle would have been legal were it not for the mitigating circumstances. But they said the foul play - neck and chest contact were incidental. 1. Since when is contact to the chest foul play? 2. Why not mention the true culprit - the player lowering body position?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Even though Koirebete got off I find that decision disappointing if the report is accurate.

As I understand it, foul play can only be downgraded if the tackle would have been legal were it not for the mitigating circumstances. But they said the foul play - neck and chest contact were incidental. 1. Since when is contact to the chest foul play? 2. Why not mention the true culprit - the player lowering body position?
    Can foul play be incidental?

That's the real question

next question, what additional evidence was introduced to justify this reversal of decision? If none, is this simply a case of the judiciary (yet again) saying "the ref got it wrong"

If the latter is true, how many games will Ben O'Keefe spend on the sideline? I would assume that 6 would be appropriate, since a player who "gets it wrong" would sit for 6 weeks for foul play, surely the Ref should be held to the same standard.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6