Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Wallabies announce 38-man squad for France

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Jacobus Johannes Cabous Eloff is a South African rugby union player who plays for the Rebels in Super Rugby. His playing position is prop. He has signed for the Rebels squad in 2020. Wikipedia
    My Bad I thought he'd run around in Melbourne for a couple of years

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    My Bad I thought he'd run around in Melbourne for a couple of years
    Don't sweat it mate - we can't know everything, all the time

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Well things are starting to look a bit normal around here with shots being exchanged between the local Hatfields and McCoys. But the Wallabies are playing in 2 days and hardly getting a mention - I can't even find a market on Sportsbet! I think they'll win 1-12.

Wallabies can expect torrid encounter against muscled-up French pack

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...04-p586p3.html

Gordon earns shock Wallabies start one month after fearing season was over.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...04-p586qs.html

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Jake Gordon getting the start is almost a comedy. Sure Nice White is out, but Tate McDermott was threatening all year and Lonergan showed some capability.

I put it to the discussion that one truly international-class player would have beaten the rebels by the end of the season and the tahs did not.

Therefore the only reason Gordon gets the start is typical wallaby nepotism, distrust of our entire crop of eligible super rugby halfbacks or Rennie isn't taking the French seriously.

The wallabies can't afford to take any team lightly right now. This buildup is looking more cheika-like every day

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Lachlan Lonergan over Kaituu, you have to be joking. And where did Kellaway come from all of a sudden? And how does Philip start after being overseas but Rodda isn't even in the squad. More Rebels and Tahs in the team despite having worse seasons. Oh well, same old, same old.
    WALLABIES TEAM TO PLAY FRANCE
    1. James Slipper (100 Tests)

2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa (8 Tests)

3. Allan Alaalatoa (43 Tests)

4. Matt Philip (9 Tests)

5. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto (25 Tests)

6. Rob Valetini (4 Tests)

7. Michael Hooper (c) (105 Tests)

8. Harry Wilson (6 Tests)

9. Jake Gordon (5 Tests)

10. Noah Lolesio (2 Tests)

11. Marika Koroibete (32 Tests)

12. Matt To’omua (54 Tests)

13. Hunter Paisami (6 Tests)

14. Tom Wright (3 Tests)

15. Tom Banks (11 Tests)

Replacements

16. Lachlan Lonergan*

17. Angus Bell (3 Tests)

18. Taniela Tupou (25 Tests)

19. Darcy Swain*

20. Isi Naisarani (8 Tests)

21. Tate McDermott (2 Tests)

22. Len Ikitau*

23. Andrew Kellaway*
    https://www.rugby.com.au/news/wallab...-france-202175

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Maybe they are saving the others for the next match!! At least that’s what I’m hoping or going to be very disappointed 🙄

vCash
    Rebels and Reds have the same amount of representation, I thought the Reds won Super rugby AU and Rebels did not even make the finals series and even threw Dave Wessels under the bus for it.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Apparently Kaitu'u is injured

vCash
    The only time I can recall such short turn arounds is for 2nd tier RWC teams. And the only reasons I could see for the selection of Gordon are workload management and/or McDermott has a niggle.

vCash
    McDermott has been named on the bench

I don't think it's a niggle, it's either not taking the match seriously or not rating McDermott.

I personally hope he gets a good 30 minutes after Gordon is hooked and lights the field on fire. I expect to see Gordon stink pretty hard for 75 or so and McDermott to not get enough time to show anything of value.

The tahs media machine has too much control of the wallabies

C'mon the

vCash
    Wallabies vs France: Australia coach Dave Rennie makes eight changes for deciding Test

Wallabies coach Dave Rennie has made a whopping eight changes to his starting XV for Saturday's third and series deciding Test against France at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane.

Rennie had forecast rotation with his selections given the unusually tight four day turnaround from Tuesday's heartbreaking 28-26 loss at AAMI Park in Melbourne.

But changing more than half the XV is more radical than most observers were expecting as the Wallabies pin their hopes on fresh legs in a bid to retain the Trophee des Bicentenaires.

Three players will make their first Test starts: lock Darcy Swain, halfback Tate McDermott and centre Len Ikitau.

Waratahs enforcer Lachlan Swinton, not sighted in the first two Tests, will start at blindside flanker with Isi Naisarani at No.8 in a reworked loose forward trio alongside tireless captain Michael Hooper.

Speedster Filipo Daugunu has also been brought in from the cold to start on the right wing while Hunter Paisami moves from outside centre to No.12 to accommodate Ikitau.

James O'Connor remains on ice with his groin injury while the rotation continues at tighthead prop with Allan Alaalatoa recalled and Taniela Tupou reverting to his finisher role.

Fellow starters Matt Philip, Rob Valetini, Jake Gordon and Matt To'omua have also been asked to do a job from the bench on Saturday while hooker Jordan Uelese - not picked in the original squad - gets an opportunity to make an impact in place of Lachlan Lonergan who has struggled with his lineout throwing.

Winger Tom Wright - who had a poor game in Melbourne - and No.8 Harry Wilson miss out on the 23 altogether while experienced utility back Reece Hodge is on the bench for the first time in the series.

"We always knew with the scheduling of the series against a tough French side, that it would require a full squad effort and we're going to see that on Saturday night," Rennie said.

"We were disappointed with the result in Melbourne and we'll be out to rectify that with more accuracy and composure in key moments at Suncorp Stadium.

"As always, we've picked a team that has earned the right to wear the gold jersey and we're confident they'll get the job done in Brisbane."

WALLABIES (15-1): Tom Banks, Filipo Daugunu, Len Ikitau, Hunter Paisami, Marika Koroibete, Noah Lolesio, Tate McDermott, Isi Naisarani, Michael Hooper (c), Lachlan Swinton, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Darcy Swain, Allan Alaalatoa, Brandon Paenga-Amosa, James Slipper

Reserves: Jordan Uelese, Angus Bell, Taniela Tupou, Matt Philip, Rob Valetini, Jake Gordon, Matt To'omua, Reece Hodge

https://wwos.nine.com.au/rugby/walla...f-6f54c8f7845c

#FU ARU
    "May I assure you I have just begun to fight mate" Twiggy Forrest, 05/09/17

vCash
    I'd have liked to have seen Reece Hodge start at fullback. I think he has more to offer than Banks.

vCash
    8 changes and not a place for a Force player

6 x Rebels, more than a quarter of the team !!

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    8 changes and not a place for a Force player

6 x Rebels, more than a quarter of the team !!
    I mean, it was good for Feleti Kaitu’u to get time with the squad, but he can't even get on the bench with 3 games in 10 days, and instead Jordan Uelese gets the spot - he wasn't even in the 38 man squad!

I notice Timani hasn't had a spot in any of the games, either. Any chance either of them can come back for the BoP game tomorrow?

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Apparently Feleti Kaitu’u has a calf injury and was not considered, still would have liked to have seen Timani on the bench though.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast