Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 54

Thread: Return of the attention whore

  1. #31
    Legend Contributor .X.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,876
    vCash
    122000
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Irregardless his what individuals may think about Filau's personal thoughts on some issues he is still a 3 x winner of the John Eales Medal.

    I reckon that he's entitled to pursue something that he's so obviously good at - playing rugby.

    However, I have my own issues with the actions, when a Board member of RA, of the individual after whom the the medal was named.
    Im sorry mate - but to call Israel Folau a good rugby player is a joke of the highest order.

    A good Rugby player can defend, can tackle, and doesn't need other players to cover for him. Yes, he can score tries. But that is only half the job of any Rugby player good or bad.

    Israel Folau has the defensive qualities of a Turnstile.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Exile
    Sydney


    Oracle of Reality

  2. #32
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    19,349
    vCash
    7194800
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Im sorry mate - but to call Israel Folau a good rugby player is a joke of the highest order.A good Rugby player can defend, can tackle, and doesn't need other players to cover for him. Yes, he can score tries. But that is only half the job of any Rugby player good or bad.Israel Folau has the defensive qualities of a Turnstile.
    I mean he won the John Eales medal 3 times 🤷

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  3. #33
    Veteran Sheikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,536
    vCash
    106000
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I mean he won the John Eales medal 3 times ��
    Which is a sad indictment on the standard of the Wallabies during that period!

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

  4. #34
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    14,157
    vCash
    5356000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Which is a sad indictment on the standard of the Wallabies during that period!
    Compared to which country? Australia played NZ 20 times in that period for a lousy 3 wins and 2 draws. South Africa played 13 for only 2 wins. England played them only 7 times for 1 win. In the pro era the Wallabies have played NZ way, way more than anybody else but still have the best win/loss record of any nation. The AB's are an awesome team as we all know. Is that a sad indictment on the standard of every Rugby nation or a reflection of NZ's obsession with Rugby?? Just saying.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David


  5. #35
    Immortal jargan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Earth Capital
    Posts
    20,629
    vCash
    102000
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Compared to which country? Australia played NZ 20 times in that period for a lousy 3 wins and 2 draws. South Africa played 13 for only 2 wins. England played them only 7 times for 1 win. In the pro era the Wallabies have played NZ way, way more than anybody else but still have the best win/loss record of any nation. The AB's are an awesome team as we all know. Is that a sad indictment on the standard of every Rugby nation or a reflection of NZ's obsession with Rugby?? Just saying.
    RC nations measure themselves against the best in the world where as 6N countries measure themselves against Italy and Scotland.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #36
    Legend Contributor .X.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,876
    vCash
    122000
    and for the record. I dont care if Israel Folau won IRB Player of the year. I would still think he is a shit Rugby player.

    Over-Rated. Over-Paid and a waste of space.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Exile
    Sydney


    Oracle of Reality

  7. #37
    Veteran Sheikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,536
    vCash
    106000
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Compared to which country? Australia played NZ 20 times in that period for a lousy 3 wins and 2 draws. South Africa played 13 for only 2 wins. England played them only 7 times for 1 win. In the pro era the Wallabies have played NZ way, way more than anybody else but still have the best win/loss record of any nation. The AB's are an awesome team as we all know. Is that a sad indictment on the standard of every Rugby nation or a reflection of NZ's obsession with Rugby?? Just saying.
    The John Eales medal is voted for (partly) by the Wallaby players themselves, and they voted Folau the best Wallaby for 3 out of 4 years (which is why it's a sad indictment on the Wallabies).

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

  8. #38
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    14,157
    vCash
    5356000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    The John Eales medal is voted for (partly) by the Wallaby players themselves, and they voted Folau the best Wallaby for 3 out of 4 years (which is why it's a sad indictment on the Wallabies).
    You missed your calling Sheikh. That response is politician material.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David


  9. #39
    Veteran Sheikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,536
    vCash
    106000
    Not sure if I should be complimented or insulted by that, Shasta!

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

  10. #40
    Champion andrewg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,412
    vCash
    5376000
    The same group of players (2013-2020) also selected Michael Hooper (3 times) as well as David Pocock (2018) and Marika Koroibete (2019).

    Clearly the players have insights and rank contributions differently to some fans.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #41
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    14,157
    vCash
    5356000
    So he's coughed up 50K to gain a clearance and play for Southport. Rumour has it that the enemy of the state is paying him $260K to play half a season in A Grade. How long before that ends in tears - and a courtroom?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David


  12. #42
    Immortal jargan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Earth Capital
    Posts
    20,629
    vCash
    102000
    Given Fatty McFuckhead reckons he should be picked for Qld it's bound to end in a court room.

    Might be entertaining to watch him get destroyed by the Blues backline.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #43
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    19,349
    vCash
    7194800
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Might be entertaining to watch him get destroyed by the Blues backline.
    That alone would be worth the price of admission

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  14. #44
    Champion Contributor todd4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    1,248
    vCash
    2438000
    I can see Southport from my apartment on the 43rd floor in Surfers. I'll get the binoculars out and see if I can see Izzy training. lol

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #45
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    14,157
    vCash
    5356000
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    I can see Southport from my apartment on the 43rd floor in Surfers. I'll get the binoculars out and see if I can see Izzy training. lol
    Understandable. Living in an apartment you don't have grass you can watch growing.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Attention all TWF Bookies out there
    By pieter blackie in forum Western Australian Country Rugby
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23-05-08, 21:17
  2. ATTENTION
    By Flamethrower in forum Public Bar
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-04-08, 16:53
  3. Word Association Post Whore
    By Moses in forum Public Bar
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 13-08-06, 19:01
  4. Attention Queensland TWF Members!!!
    By Burgs in forum Wallabies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-06, 12:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •