Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Canes v Force, Friday 28 May - 3:05 pm kick off

Player
    vCash
    I reckon Canes were not as good as Chiefs or Landers yet beat us by the most. Obviously playing away for this one factors in.

You can beat Kiwi teams by kicking the ball away the whole game.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    On the bright side, Toni Pulu looked really good tonight, I hope we resign him.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Very disappointed! Far to many mistakes and they weren’t all forced under pressure.

May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Ok it’s plain as day Kearney is dearly NOT up to NZ standard, nor Ian for that matter. You know it’s an issue when the person who makes the most line breaks is farken front rower! For Fark sake Tim go back to the team that was more consistent a few weeks ago.

vCash
    That was a tough watch. Way too many errors and soft tries to the Canes. I really thought this was a game that was set up for us to win,

Agree with Boof that Kearney just doesn't look up to speed after coming back from injury - probably cost us a few early tries. As much as I've been advocating for Anstee to start, he doesn't seem to be having the impact we want and Stander should probably be reinstated. Our midfield looked much better with Taefu / Godwin and TK didn't really add anything.

We also need to realise that taking the 3 isn't going to get us too far against the NZ teams as they're almost always going to score a few tries. We look best when we're playing on the front foot with momentum, and taking the 3 just seems to kill our momentum and puts us back in the position of needing to exit from our 22.

Our lineout was a worry even with the return of Thrush. The Canes seemed to get away with closing the gap and throwing jumper across to our side every time.

Didn't get the rub of the green as usual, but obviously not the reason for the defeat.

Will need to put in a much better performance against the Saders net week otherwise it could get really ugly

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    That was the best chance we had of beating a kiwi team this year and we weren't in the same postcode as a win.

I wonder if we can get within 10 of bay of plenty?

C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    That was the best chance we had of beating a kiwi team this year and we weren't in the same postcode as a win.

I wonder if we can get within 10 of bay of plenty?
    Everyone perceive we would win. In reality we were beated by a hurricane team that were on fire. History shows that the hurricane runs hot or cold over their whole Super Rugby career. This game they ran hot. If you want to base the Western Force achievement on one game then you don't know where the Force are going.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4