Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Canes v Force, Friday 28 May - 3:05 pm kick off

Senior Player
    vCash

Canes v Force, Friday 28 May - 3:05 pm kick off

Thrush, Miotti and Ready into the starting line-up + TK on the pine for the first game on tour over the ditch.

Hurricanes vs Western Force
    Friday, 3:05pm (AWST), McLean Park

Hurricanes
    1. Xavier Numia, 2. Asafo Aumua 3. Tyrel Lomax, 4. Isaia Walker-Leawere, 5. Scott Scrafton, 6. Reed Prinsep (c), 7. Du’Plessis Kirifi, 8. Gareth Evans, 9. Luke Campbell, 10. Orbyn Leger, 11. Salesi Rayasi, 12. Ngani Laumape, 13. Peter Umaga-Jensen, 14. Wes Goosen, 15. Jordie Barrett

Bench: 16. Ricky Riccitelli, 17. Pouri Rakete-Stones, 18. Alex Fidow, 19. James Blackwell, 20. Ardie Savea, 21. Cam Roigard, 22. Billy Proctor, 23. Vince Aso

Force
    1. Tom Robertson, 2. Andrew Ready, 3. Santiago Medrano, 4. Jeremy Thrush, 5. Sitaleki Timani, 6. Fergus Lee-Warner, 7. Kane Koteka, 8. Tim Ainstee, 9. Tomás Cubelli, 10. Domingo Miotti, 11. Jordan Olowofela, 12. Kyle Godwin (c), 13. Richard Kahui, 14. Toni Pulu, 15. Rob Kearney

Bench: 16. Feleti Kaitu’u, 17. Angus Wagner, 18. Greg Holmes, 19. Ryan McCauley, 20. Brynard Stander, 21. Ian Prior, 22. Jack McGregor, 23. Tevita Kuridrani

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I like the look of the starting team.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It'll be interesting to see if Kyle carries his form from 13 into 12 this week

I'm also keen to see if Pulu can remain fit for 80 minutes

C'mon the

vCash
    Tough on Taefu as usual. Good to see Macgregor back on the bench - I reckon we've looked best with him at 15 this year.
    I think we should have the advantage in the forwards, and their backline will be somewhat stunted with Leger at 10. It's bloody dangerous outside of 10 though, so our backs will need to have a good game defensively.

Force by 8.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Great preview from Two Cents Rugby.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    Tough on Taefu as usual. Good to see Macgregor back on the bench - I reckon we've looked best with him at 15 this year.
    I think we should have the advantage in the forwards, and their backline will be somewhat stunted with Leger at 10. It's bloody dangerous outside of 10 though, so our backs will need to have a good game defensively.

Force by 8.
    I reckon the only reason Jack has been given the nod over Strahan is his ability to cover both 10 and 15. It appears that Strahan has the ascendancy if you look at fullback alone.

(based upon recent selections)

C'mon the

vCash
    Good to see the coaches with quite a few selection dilemmas. Tough on Taefu. Maybe an injury? Maybe to restrict the Canes on the edges early. Kahui and Godwin have defended well together, even if Kyle and Henry get over the gain line more effectively. I like the pack. Get some set piece parity (or better) early and drag them into a scrap.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Good to see the coaches with quite a few selection dilemmas. Tough on Taefu. Maybe an injury? Maybe to restrict the Canes on the edges early. Kahui and Godwin have defended well together, even if Kyle and Henry get over the gain line more effectively. I like the pack. Get some set piece parity (or better) early and drag them into a scrap.
    Yeah you mention defense and I can see a real point to that. The Canes have won their games by scoring bunches of points against teams who can't keep up but also have pretty leaky defenses.

We came within a sniff of beating the Chiefs who are similar (but probably better defensively) so frustrating them into mistakes by defending well could be the tactic.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Taefu isn’t injured. I reckon it must be personal. Just can’t see what else the bloke needs to do.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    Apologies if this has been asked before. Is there any pubs that show super rugby? Given the early kick off probably easier to find somewhere near work (Bentley) to watch. Might message Varsity.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    The Leederville Sporting Club will be showing the game today, plenty of parking & great beers

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeansyjive View Post
    Apologies if this has been asked before. Is there any pubs that show super rugby? Given the early kick off probably easier to find somewhere near work (Bentley) to watch. Might message Varsity.
    I think the Vic Park Hotel does it. they got Stan for the curtin Rugby Club (they sponsor them), and i think they have it on there.

vCash
    Unsure where you live but Tompkins Park will also be open and the game will be on the big screen.

vCash
    Anywhere in city?
    Tried patriot but they don’t have stan

Senior Player
    vCash
    Our line out is killing us

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast