Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Force Squad - The List

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Perhaps I am wrong, But 2022 Recruiting drive seems to have concentrated on Coaching/Management Staff rather than Big Names on the field.

Don't get me wrong - I think the off-field recruiting is exactly what we needed in the long term. But I think there are some gaps that haven't been filled.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Perhaps I am wrong, But 2022 Recruiting drive seems to have concentrated on Coaching/Management Staff rather than Big Names on the field.

Don't get me wrong - I think the off-field recruiting is exactly what we needed in the long term. But I think there are some gaps that haven't been filled.
    Gee Wiz thats a bit harsh.

Rodda and Mataele are the two big name signings.

Pasitoa, Kunzel and Fines are the bubbling with potential recruitments.

Ala and Tapine are the future

And in a nutshell the Force is about growing our own talent not recruiting.....

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Player
    vCash
    Here’s my thoughts ( for what it’s worth) This is a well constructed squad with potential all over the park . If Thrush and Kahui are as fit as last season then they must play regularly. Holmes has great impact off the bench . Fines should be a regular starter with Mc Donald eased into the team and Prior used whenever required….. Biggest overall asset will be the culture ….. I’m excited…..Cmon Force !!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post

I definitely think there is also a lack of depth out there. Waratahs really wanted Rodda but we got him. Look at the Tahs squad, they only have 2 hookers which is a big worry for them. Rebels lost some key players like Koribete, Naisarani and haven't really replaced them.

So I think we have done pretty well with what is available and last year we needed to quickly move and sign some Argies and Kiwis but this year we were always going to focus more on Aus eligible players and youngsters

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    Look at the Tahs squad, they only have 2 hookers which is a big worry for them.
    The Tahs don't need more than two hookers. Any injuries and they'll call up the next Shute Shield player; and as everyone knows players in the Shute Shield are already better than Super Rugby ready and are basically almost International/World Class standard. [/sarcasm]

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Rookie
    vCash
    Where has Victor Harris gone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emu View Post
    Where has Victor Harris gone
    https://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=...l=1#post483715

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    It appears that Cambell Parata (flyhalf) may have signed for The Force for three years if reports on Green and Gold are correct.

He appears to be a great signing as having showed potential in Qld Club scene and having spent some time with the Crusaders and Tasman Mako.

Staring to build a great youth base with some older dogs to nuture and guide the team.

Roll on season 2022

You tube vision of him and Pasitao

Last edited by Tazzmania; 19-01-22 at 08:32.
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I am starting to think Pasitoa might make a better fullback with Parata at 10. I know highlights aren't much to go on, but Parata seemed the better distributor and Pasitoa the better runner.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I am starting to think Pasitoa might make a better fullback with Parata at 10. I know highlights aren't much to go on, but Parata seemed the better distributor and Pasitoa the better runner.
    Either way, I hope they can both kick. Well and truly over years of the pressure resulting from pop-gun clearances and penalties.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Decided to watch a replay of that match while dodging the heat today. Reckon you're likely right there James. Parata looks a good defender too. Both have ties to W.A., which is another plus. Bit of insider NZ knowledge may have helped with Parata - if we've got him?

Champion
    vCash
    Confirmation Just here for a year at the moment
    Western Force grab former WA schoolboy star Campbell Parata from Crusaders for new Super Rugby season
    Nick Taylor
    The West Australian
    Wed, 19 January 2022 1:57PM

Western Force have snared former WA schoolboy star Campbell Parata from New Zealand heavyweight Crusaders for the new Super Rugby Pacific season.
    The fly-half was poached by the Crusaders four years ago for their Nelson academy, with a development deal with the Tasman Rugby Union.
    The former Wanneroo Districts junior will join the Force in their Super squad as a tier one academy player before returning to Tasman for the New Zealand National Provincial Championship.
    A decision will be made on his future when that competition finishes.
    Parata, now 21, was four years old when he moved to Perth with his family.
    He was spotted by The Southport School, the famous Queensland rugby nursery, as a 15-year-old playing in the 2018 WA side that won the national Junior Gold Cup competition.
    He accepted a TSS scholarship, played 1st XV in Year 10 and was selected for the Australian Schoolboys Barbarians.
    Parata was chased by Rugby Australia but wanted to play in New Zealand and was grabbed by the Crusaders.
    The Force have strong connections with Tasman.
    Chief executive Tony Lewis was Tasman boss before taking charge at the Force and academy general manager Chris Goodman ran the Crusaders academy under Lewis.
    Parata played in the same Gold Cup side as another local product, playmaker Reesjan Pasitoa, who has already returned home this season.
    Pasitoa played his early rugby with Perth-Bayswater before moving to Queensland’s Nudgee College on a scholarship.
    He was in the Reds academy system but signed for the Brumbies straight from school, one of the youngest players signed by an Australian Super team, and made his Super Rugby debut last year.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Something to whet the appetite.

Tasman v BOP 17/10/2021 Highlights

Parata starts at ten debut match and comes into his own in the second half section.

2 Penalties (his first, first class points) and two try assists.

This kid has heaps of potential

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Good news, but hopefully the season won't hinge on the fortunes of a borrowed Academy player.

Just reading what passes for his 'pathway' only goes to highlight what a trainwreck the development system in Australia is. Not going to change now with this bloody lurgy endlessly hanging around, but unlikely to change even after it has gone. So even if he is in Perth longer term, they should seriously consider having him stay playing in NZ as long as possible after SR. At least he'd be playing, which is more than he'd be doing here. Probably end up with NZ poaching him, but if not them then only likely someone else until Australia gets out of amateurville.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Good news, but hopefully the season won't hinge on the fortunes of a borrowed Academy player.

Just reading what passes for his 'pathway' only goes to highlight what a trainwreck the development system in Australia is. Not going to change now with this bloody lurgy endlessly hanging around, but unlikely to change even after it has gone. So even if he is in Perth longer term, they should seriously consider having him stay playing in NZ as long as possible after SR. At least he'd be playing, which is more than he'd be doing here. Probably end up with NZ poaching him, but if not them then only likely someone else until Australia gets out of amateurville.
    or get rid of the pimms from the grog cabinet of the RU boardroom

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast