Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Force List 2022 speculation

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    I think I read somewhere that we were about to announce the signing of a flanker as well. Tizzano would have to be favourite? Wouldn't complain though if it was Gill or McMahon.
    Yes the West newspaper said signing of a flanker and a winger to come shortly.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    I wonder if this means Robertson is moving on? Wagner has been developing well at LHP and Lloyd has starting experience at the Brumbies, so having all three seems a waste of resources. EDIT: unless one of the 3 is also good at THP?
    I HAVE read the posts below, but you really couldn't blame Tom if he started thinking about a retirement package in Japan after tearing the competition apart only to be roundly ignored for national representation.

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I HAVE read the posts below, but you really couldn't blame Tom if he started thinking about a retirement package in Japan after tearing the competition apart only to be roundly ignored for national representation.
    Tom Robertson is part way through a medical degree which he started in 2016. In 2020 it was reported he was doing part time study towards anaesthetics. I am guessing he is continuing in that direction here in Perth?
    https://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...f3f7429211ca9f

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Tom Robertson is part way through a medical degree which he started in 2016. In 2020 it was reported he was doing part time study towards anaesthetics. I am guessing he is continuing in that direction here in Perth?
    Laying in a hospital bed and a prop turns up to inform you they are here to knock you out...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    I asked him about that on Friday night and he said the studies were on hold. But he seemed very positive about being here, very positive about the Force and very determined to do enough to be selected for the Wallabies again. He really seems like a decent guy and a credit to his family and the game.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    I asked him about that on Friday night and he said the studies were on hold. But he seemed very positive about being here, very positive about the Force and very determined to do enough to be selected for the Wallabies again. He really seems like a decent guy and a credit to his family and the game.
    Isn't it amazing how after leaving the Tahs we find that complete muppets are actually great blokes?

I claim no bias in that statement

C'mon the

vCash
    Is he going to live in Hocking?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    A lot of members on this site appear to have an interest in Henry Taefu, so I thought i would post an update.

He has signed to play for North Harbour in the NPC,

North Harbour recruit....

"The other major addition comes in the midfield, with Samoan centre Henry Taefu linking up with Harbour after representing the Western Force in Super Rugby this year."

Apologies if it is the incorrect thread, was not sure where to post.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    A lot of members on this site appear to have an interest in Henry Taefu, so I thought i would post an update.

He has signed to play for North Harbour in the NPC,

North Harbour recruit....

"The other major addition comes in the midfield, with Samoan centre Henry Taefu linking up with Harbour after representing the Western Force in Super Rugby this year."

Apologies if it is the incorrect thread, was not sure where to post.
    Thanks Tazz. Unfortunately he is wasted in the NPC. He should be playing Super Rugby.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Rodda on the Force:

“I had a lot of good conversation with ‘Sambo’ (Tim Sampson) and the guys at the Force and I really liked the sound of their program.

"They have a good bunch of guys there and I think it’s the best fit for me going over to Perth.”

Read More

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Finally official confirmation Thrush, Holmes and Kahui to take on coaching roles for the next eighteen month.

The Western Force is pleased to announce that experienced trio Greg Holmes, Jeremy Thrush and Richard Kahui will be taking on coaching responsibilities within the club and Western Australian state rugby.

Read more

Great news for rugby in WA and the academy program, great incentive to attract players to the program

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Finally official confirmation Thrush, Holmes and Kahui to take on coaching roles for the next eighteen month.

The Western Force is pleased to announce that experienced trio Greg Holmes, Jeremy Thrush and Richard Kahui will be taking on coaching responsibilities within the club and Western Australian state rugby.

Read more

Great news for rugby in WA and the academy program, great incentive to attract players to the program
    So are they no longer part of the playing group?

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    This is an important question. In a perfect world they would be on the Wider Training Group so they can play but on reduced player salary. Made up with a coaching stipend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Certainly the plan back in ~April was that all three continue playing in a player-coach role. This is what Tony Lewis said in the Member's bar before one of the matches. Of course, over the course of the season things can change ...

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    It would make a great deal of sense for these 3 to be given coaching roles (that I assume don't fall under the salary cap) but have lightweight player contracts so we can afford monsters like mataele.

Don't know whether this is how it works but it makes sense.

Can't wait for Ra to retrospectively change the rules so they can fine us for doing something that was legal again.

C'mon the

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast