Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: 2022 Force Squad - The List

vCash
    Another Wallaby family to call Perth home. Who could blame them.
    They have all been magnificent.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    So sad to see them all go. Will they all stay around or are y the others leaving does anyone know?

vCash
    Re-signed two more years

Name:  FUJnucBWQAAtDgj.jpg
Views: 2088
Size:  51.6 KB

Angus Wagner and Bo Abra have signed new two-year deals with the Western Force, which will see the duo remain at the club through to 2024.

More

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Veteran
    vCash
    Bo has been pretty handy, still needs a bit of time to become great, but impressed so far. Angus not so much yet, but not as much game time.

vCash
    Just saw some interesting stats from Opta on Twitter, not sure where to post so I thought 2022 players list may be best:

Name:  FV0nmfFVsAAPIX3.jpg
Views: 1788
Size:  45.6 KB

Great to see Manasa and Fergus featuring.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Manasa really was our standout and what a great buy:

Name:  FV0dblDaMAAFE4H.jpg
Views: 1738
Size:  97.7 KB

vCash
    s me even more convinced, get him closer to the action #manasafor13

C'mon the

vCash
    and vision of the Maetele numbers:

You tube

Looking forward to the same and more in 2023

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Re-signed for two more years:

Name:  FWNsal5WYAQL_66.jpg
Views: 1646
Size:  51.5 KB

Good way to see the week start, with Feleti and Jack locked in for two more years each.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I've added them to the 2023 Signings List

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Champion
    vCash
    Reading the force have signed Hamish Stewart from the Reds

vCash
    At last a decent article in The West concerning the Force

Western Force recruit Bryce Hegarty sets lofty goals of Wallabies debut and World Cup berth

Bryce Hegarty has some lofty goals this season and they all start with a ‘W’.

Wins for the Western Force, a Wallabies call-up and a World Cup berth are all on the utility back’s to do list - and he cannot wait to get to work.

The Force new recruit is an east coast transplant but has been lured to Perth by head coach Simon Cron, who he previously worked with at the Waratahs.

Armed with a decade of experience in Australia, England and Japan, Hegarty said he was excited by the Force’s potential ahead of the Super Rugby season.

“The Western Force are a club that’s growing. I really see a lot in the future here, a lot of good and I’ve got a lot of respect for Cronny,” he said.

“I think things are going to start happening here in WA, so to me, it was a no-brainer; if I wanted to come back and have a shot at playing for Australia at the World Cup, the Western Force was the team I wanted to do it with.”

Comfortable at both fly-half and full-back, Hegarty admitted the looming Rugby World Cup later this year was part of the reason he returned home from Leicester Tigers.

Hegarty said his desire to debut for the Wallabies went hand-in-hand with his goal to propel the Force up the table.

“I’ve got the goal to represent Australia at the World Cup, but first and foremost, that’ll only happen if I’m playing great for the Western Force.

“That’s honestly my biggest goal: to play great each week, train great every day, be excellent in everything I do, just to bring that work ethic to the club and put the Western Force where I think we can be.”

Comfortable at both fly-half and full-back, Hegarty admitted the looming Rugby World Cup later this year was part of the reason he returned home from Leicester Tigers.

The 30 year-old’s career has taken him around the Super Rugby competition - he debuted with the Melbourne Rebels and moved to the Waratahs before joining hometown team Queensland Reds - before he headed to the English giants.

Although injury forced him to watch from the stands as Leicester claimed last year’s championship in front of more than 72,000 fans at Twickenham, Hegarty said he gained a wealth of experience being part of their title-winning team.

“The lure of Leicester and challenging myself in that English competition, which is a fantastic competition, was hard to say no to and I think it’s grown my game a whole lot and I definitely learnt a lot,” he said.

“The different style of rugby and winning has really been ingrained to me and something I’m really appreciative for, the idea is to come back here and keep winning.

“Whilst it was unfortunate that I was injured for the last few weeks of the season, it was still good to see the team and performance of the team can always be matched and that’s something we really want to build here.”

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    At last a decent article in The West concerning the Force

Western Force recruit Bryce Hegarty sets lofty goals of Wallabies debut and World Cup berth

Bryce Hegarty has some lofty goals this season and they all start with a ‘W’.

Wins for the Western Force, a Wallabies call-up and a World Cup berth are all on the utility back’s to do list - and he cannot wait to get to work.

The Force new recruit is an east coast transplant but has been lured to Perth by head coach Simon Cron, who he previously worked with at the Waratahs.

Armed with a decade of experience in Australia, England and Japan, Hegarty said he was excited by the Force’s potential ahead of the Super Rugby season.

“The Western Force are a club that’s growing. I really see a lot in the future here, a lot of good and I’ve got a lot of respect for Cronny,” he said.

“I think things are going to start happening here in WA, so to me, it was a no-brainer; if I wanted to come back and have a shot at playing for Australia at the World Cup, the Western Force was the team I wanted to do it with.”

Hegarty said his desire to debut for the Wallabies went hand-in-hand with his goal to propel the Force up the table.

“I’ve got the goal to represent Australia at the World Cup, but first and foremost, that’ll only happen if I’m playing great for the Western Force.

“That’s honestly my biggest goal: to play great each week, train great every day, be excellent in everything I do, just to bring that work ethic to the club and put the Western Force where I think we can be.”

The 30 year-old’s career has taken him around the Super Rugby competition - he debuted with the Melbourne Rebels and moved to the Waratahs before joining hometown team Queensland Reds - before he headed to the English giants.

Although injury forced him to watch from the stands as Leicester claimed last year’s championship in front of more than 72,000 fans at Twickenham, Hegarty said he gained a wealth of experience being part of their title-winning team.

“The lure of Leicester and challenging myself in that English competition, which is a fantastic competition, was hard to say no to and I think it’s grown my game a whole lot and I definitely learnt a lot,” he said.

“The different style of rugby and winning has really been ingrained to me and something I’m really appreciative for, the idea is to come back here and keep winning.

“Whilst it was unfortunate that I was injured for the last few weeks of the season, it was still good to see the team and performance of the team can always be matched and that’s something we really want to build here.”
    About time. Wonder how long we'll have to wait for the next one, unless it's bad news of course and they will probably jump all over that.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6