Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Force List 2022 speculation

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

If RA doesn't commit to a development comp next year, we need to create one of our own to reduce that frustration.
    Yes, if the RA does not get something going, the the Force should apply to NZ to play a team in their NPC. which is already funnily sponsored by a WA company with its head office in Perth (Bunnings/Wesfarmers). Perhaps Twiggy or FMG can add to the WA connection to oil the wheels for our entry. The NPC has 7 teams in its first division which runs from August to October. Eight teams would cut out the bye.
    https://www.nzrugby.co.nz/teams-and-...warehouse-npc/

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Yeah, I don't think I'd play Thrush unless injuries occur. Greg Holmes and Kahui- off the bench would be best.

I'd be looking at starting Rodda and Timani (assuming Timani is staying on) along with FLW at 6 and Anstee at 8. Koteka at 7. I'd play Pugh and Callan from the bench. Figure Pugh covers 6, FLW to lock. I'm not a McCauley fan. If RA doesn't commit to a development comp next year, we need to create one of our own to reduce that frustration.
    No Brynard Stander??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Nope. Not at the cost of Pugh or Callan. No doubt injuries will happen and guys like Stander and McCauley would come in.

I feel like Anstee and FLW offer more than an aging Stander.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Player
    vCash
    Yeah, I don't think I'd play Thrush unless injuries occur. Greg Holmes and Kahui- off the bench would be best.

I'd be looking at starting Rodda and Timani (assuming Timani is staying on) along with FLW at 6 and Anstee at 8. Koteka at 7. I'd play Pugh and Callan from the bench. Figure Pugh covers 6, FLW to lock. I'm not a McCauley fan. If RA doesn't commit to a development comp next year, we need to create one of our own to reduce that frustration.
    I'd play Thrush for a good part of each game if he is fit and he wants to, he brings so much to the team!

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Seems that Matt Burke is not happy with us persuing Blake Fergusson, probably even more reason to do so as as I cannot remember Burke ever being on our side or helping in our fight, the fact that he says its the wrong move by the Force, makes you wonder why he is adding his comments, are we getting close to a signature.

Matt Burke is not happy with us persuing Blake Fergusson
    I dont want him either! Dont think he is the right fit for the Force, too old for one thing!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Matt Burke was a brilliant FullBack for the Wallabies and the Tahs. I think he deserves a bit more respect. And shouldn't be judged on whether he shared or voiced an opinion on an action that happened 4+ years ago.

As for the recruitment of Blake Ferguson. The one thing that the Force have needed since day one in 2006 is a line breaker. All of them have always been locked away by contracts, or out of our price range. (Yes I am betting Hodgo still has a budget he has to work within.)

Ferguson has the potential to be that guy.

And we need to look outside the box. To get that X factor.....
    Agree with you about Burke but not about Ferguson .Not a good fit for the Force. Its sounds like the new CEO is pushing for it though, I wonder what the coach thinks about it?

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    I don't think you bare seeing the whole picture. Reading between the lines, playing is going to be minor part of the role, I believe his main role will be more of a player liaison/recruitment/mentor role.
    But why do we need him for that ? surely that role needs to go to an ex Force player who has respect in the community. Yes I understand he has Indigenous heritage but there must be someone out there that has respect in the Force and Rugby world who could do the job! It seems to be a thing the new CEO is pushing for.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    I'd play Thrush for a good part of each game if he is fit and he wants to, he brings so much to the team!
    100%

vCash
    Good to see that Manasa Maetele is going to play for Canterbury in the NPC. That will ensure he keeps getting some game time before he joins our squad next year. with Fiji having a limited season

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Great to see Harry coming back, says so much for an organisation when players return.

He seemed to be a decent bloke both on and off the field.

Interesting that we seem to be the only franchise really attracting players from other franchises, while most of the other Australian franchises appear to be re-signing mainly existing and returning from overseas players that used play for them.

PS: Looks like we have almost cleared the Brumbies reserve bench!

Last edited by Tazzmania; 22-07-21 at 14:09.
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Player
    vCash
    I wonder if this means Robertson is moving on? Wagner has been developing well at LHP and Lloyd has starting experience at the Brumbies, so having all three seems a waste of resources. EDIT: unless one of the 3 is also good at THP?

Last edited by Transiting; 22-07-21 at 14:43.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    I wonder if this means Robertson is moving on? Wagner has been developing well at LHP and Lloyd has starting experience at the Brumbies, so having all three seems a waste of resources. EDIT: unless one of the 3 is also good at THP?
    Spoke to Robertson at the BoP match, is enjoying Perth and he is looking forward to playing next year with us and trying to get back into the Wallaby Squad.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Spoke to Robertson at the BoP match, is enjoying Perth and he is looking forward to playing next year with us and trying to get back into the Wallaby Squad.
    Great news! He had a very good season. So I suppose that means Lloyd and Wagner are fighting it out for No.2 LHP?

Player
    vCash
    I wonder if they might try to convert Wagner to a THP?

Senior Player
    vCash
    I think I read somewhere that we were about to announce the signing of a flanker as well. Tizzano would have to be favourite? Wouldn't complain though if it was Gill or McMahon.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast