Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 77

Thread: 2022 Force Squad - The List

  1. #61
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    14,223
    vCash
    5440000
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    You can probably drop Jake Ball 2021 off the list
    Got a sauce for that?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David


  2. #62
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    home
    Posts
    1,852
    vCash
    5116000
    He has signed for NEC Green Rockets Tokatsu.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #63
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    14,223
    vCash
    5440000
    Bugger.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David


  4. #64
    Player chiraag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northbridge
    Posts
    329
    vCash
    2442000
    Disappointing, but our lock stocks are looking pretty good, especially if we re-sign Timani.
    Going to be tough to squeeze in all of Thrush, Rodda, Timani, FLW, Koteka, Anstee, Callan and Stander into our 23, and I think/hope Pugh will start getting a look in next year and Macauley might be improved after his stint in the northern hemisphere in the off season.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #65
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    19,411
    vCash
    7286800
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    Disappointing, but our lock stocks are looking pretty good, especially if we re-sign Timani.
    Going to be tough to squeeze in all of Thrush, Rodda, Timani, FLW, Koteka, Anstee, Callan and Stander into our 23, and I think/hope Pugh will start getting a look in next year and Macauley might be improved after his stint in the northern hemisphere in the off season.
    Thrush was being touted as starting his transition to coaching, so I'd expect he's really going to be a part time option with a dash of injury cover.

    If I was Sambo, I'd be looking for him to imprint all of the others with his signature "serial pain in the ass" mentality rather than playing a bunch of minutes.

    Rodda looked OK in gold, but needs and injection of Thrush to become truly obnoxious in the best possible way

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  6. #66
    Champion andrewg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,419
    vCash
    5460000
    I reckon Jake Ball is too slow for Super Rugby.
    OK for Nth Hemi rugby.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #67
    Veteran Ecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,866
    vCash
    5807650
    Good to see him supporting his old mob at the local GF on Saturday.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #68
    Champion Tazzmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,398
    vCash
    5432000
    Exciting League prospect signed by Force

    The Western Force add ‘x-factor’ to its 2022 Super Rugby Pacific squad with the signing of outside back Daniel Ala.

    The 19-year-old New South Welshman joins the Force from NRL side Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and has represented Australia in the World Schools Sevens competition.

    The speedster has also earned national call-ups for the Australian U18s and Schools side alongside Force lock Jackson Pugh and new recruit Reesjan Pasitoa.

    Growing up playing both rugby codes, Ala is determined to make his mark in union with the Force.

    Read More

    2018 Video clip playing U18

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The Force Onwards and Upwards

  9. #69
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    19,411
    vCash
    7286800
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Exciting League prospect signed by Force

    The Western Force add ‘x-factor’ to its 2022 Super Rugby Pacific squad with the signing of outside back Daniel Ala.

    The 19-year-old New South Welshman joins the Force from NRL side Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and has represented Australia in the World Schools Sevens competition.

    The speedster has also earned national call-ups for the Australian U18s and Schools side alongside Force lock Jackson Pugh and new recruit Reesjan Pasitoa.

    Growing up playing both rugby codes, Ala is determined to make his mark in union with the Force.

    Read More

    2018 Video clip playing U18
    This is a main squad signing?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  10. #70
    Champion Tazzmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,398
    vCash
    5432000
    Wizard of Oz: How the 'best young coach in New Zealand' signed for the Western Force

    Paul Cully Article on the Forces Acquition of Mark Ozich:

    New Zealand rugby's loss could very much be Australia’s gain.

    Tony Lewis, the former Tasman chief executive who turned the Mako into a benchmark province before joining the Western Force, has revealed to Stuff how he landed Hawke’s Bay coach Mark Ozich, with a glowing recommendation from Māori All Blacks icon Ash Dixon forming a key part of Lewis’ due diligence process..."

    Read More

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The Force Onwards and Upwards

  11. #71
    Legend Contributor .X.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,950
    vCash
    224000
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Exciting League prospect signed by Force

    The Western Force add ‘x-factor’ to its 2022 Super Rugby Pacific squad with the signing of outside back Daniel Ala.
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    This is a main squad signing?
    Im gonna take a guess and say yeah

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Exile
    Sydney


    Oracle of Reality

  12. #72
    Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wattle Grove
    Posts
    2,037
    vCash
    886000
    Hi TIF you have Reesjan Pasitoa listed in the squad twice with different years. Once at FH and the other at outside back.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

  13. #73
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    989
    vCash
    5388000
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Wizard of Oz: How the 'best young coach in New Zealand' signed for the Western Force

    Paul Cully Article on the Forces Acquition of Mark Ozich:

    New Zealand rugby's loss could very much be Australia’s gain.

    Tony Lewis, the former Tasman chief executive who turned the Mako into a benchmark province before joining the Western Force, has revealed to Stuff how he landed Hawke’s Bay coach Mark Ozich, with a glowing recommendation from Māori All Blacks icon Ash Dixon forming a key part of Lewis’ due diligence process..."

    Read More
    Sounds like a great coach signing by the Force. Lewis, Hodgo and Sampson seem to be doing a really good job of filling the gaps in the Force squad and weaponry.

    I am also super excited by all the RugbyWA development work and coaching I have seen going into the WA squads (U16, U18, U19, Perth Gold) at the moment. This must bare fruit for WA and the Force down the track.
    With NSW and Vic shutdown with Covid at the moment, WA and the Force could steal a year of progress from them.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #74
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    19,411
    vCash
    7286800
    Agreed. I saw some criticism of the recent signing because he's an eastern states product, but I think a longer term view is more appropriate.

    Getting all this quality from outside improves our knowledge and competition for spots.

    You don't see Qld crying about grabbing a good prospect from NSW or even wa.

    Even Canterbury do it. It makes the program the destination

    That will bear fruit in about five years

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  15. #75
    Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West Leederville
    Posts
    16,151
    vCash
    3976000
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Hi TIF you have Reesjan Pasitoa listed in the squad twice with different years. Once at FH and the other at outside back.
    Good pick up...all sorted.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

    Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

    Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Force List 2022 speculation
    By GIGS20 in forum Western Force
    Replies: 286
    Last Post: 13-08-21, 15:51
  2. 2021 Force Squad - The List
    By The InnFORCEr in forum Western Force
    Replies: 219
    Last Post: 02-07-21, 09:00
  3. 2020 Force Squad - The List
    By The InnFORCEr in forum Global Rapid Rugby
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 02-07-20, 17:07
  4. Western Force Squad for 2019 - The List
    By The InnFORCEr in forum Western Force
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-09-18, 09:42
  5. Western Force NRC Squad 2018 - The List
    By The InnFORCEr in forum National Rugby Championship (NRC)
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 09-09-18, 14:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •