Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Force Squad - The List

Player
    vCash
    I don’t fully understand the talent scouting system in OZ but jeez they’ve screwed up big time in the recent past … All Blacks… Italy… Ireland ….. Tonga …etc
    I don’t know FLW roots but he’ll probably play for England !!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by bootsetal06; 29-03-22 at 10:11.

vCash
    https://www.rugby.com.au/news/lalaka...ratahs-2022330

F#ck me. How can Foketi get an RA top-up and FLW can't even get a phone call from the Wallabies?!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    https://www.rugby.com.au/news/lalaka...ratahs-2022330

F#ck me. How can Foketi get an RA top-up and FLW can't even get a phone call from the Wallabies?!
    Do you wonder why we can't build a competitive team now?

In both instances, the Force because anybody we have who's world class gets ignored by the Wallabies and eventually gives up in frustration, for the Wallabies, because they keep on paying useless flogs who wear insipid-blue

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Cannot get behind the paywall in The West

It seems to have been an issue and continues to be an issue even with the resurrection.

Western Force chief executive Tony Lewis says Rugby Australia must change recruitment model for success

If any one can get behind the paywall would be intresting if any additional names mentioned besides the ones that we know abourt all ready:

Fergus Lee Warner
    Kyle Godwin
    Santiagio Medrano
    Jake McIntyre
    Byron Ralston

Someone somewhere mentioned 12 people, which is line with our usual attrition rate.

Suspect that Thrush, Kahuii and Holmes will take lesser playing roles

Harry Loydd was a Tim Sampson link so likley to be off.

Not sure who else may be off or coming to an end of their playing days at Super level;

Possibles: Ready, Prior, Lacey, Stander ?

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Champion
    vCash
    Western Force boss Tony Lewis says a level playing field is needed for player contracting if Rugby Australia wants five successful Super Rugby sides.
    The chief executive said the gulf between sides was too big despite the $5.5 million salary cap because of Wallaby top-ups.
    It is understood RA pays as much as $2 million in top-ups to some Wallaby-stacked sides.
    As a “start-up” team second-time around, the Force struggled to recruit players who attracted top-ups.
    Lewis said they should have been given an AFL style kick-start for newcomers who are given priority draft picks, financial help and can pay over the salary cap.
    “We don’t get that sort of help. We don’t have that credit in the bank,” Lewis said.
    “It’s not an equal playing field, we’re not here to moan, but a new model has to be developed.
    “Two years ago we pretty much had to start from scratch.
    “We brought in four Argentinians for a short period to give us experience.
    “You can’t keep doing that. You can’t keep importing.
    “Our job is to grow Wallabies and Australian coaches.
    “If Rugby Australia wants five competitive teams they need a salary cap that works in a fair and competitive way for everyone.
    “General managers of Australia’s Super teams working with RA to develop a new contracting model for 2024.”
    Lewis’ comments come with the Force on a recruitment campaign to replace about a dozen players they will lose at the end of the year.
    Flanker Fergus Lee-Warner and Argentinian prop Santiago Medrano are going to English club Worcester, centre Kyle Godwin and fly-half Jake McIntyre are joining French clubs Lyon and Perpignan and winger Bryon Ralston is heading to Irish side Connacht.
    Former All Blacks, second-rower Jeremy Thrush and centre Richard Kahui, and ex-Wallaby prop Greg Holmes are expected to announce their retirements while second-rower Sitaleki Timami has already parted ways after opting out of COVID vaccines.
    Wallaby hooker Folau Fainga’a is joining from the Brumbies with a clutch of former junior Wallabies.

Fans took to social media demanding change after recent heavy losses, 53-15 to the Crusaders and 61-10 to the Highlanders.
    “I’m not patient, I don’t expect supporters to be patient, but one thing I do know is that if we think we are going to change things overnight it won’t work,” Lewis said.
    “If fans are getting frustrated and annoyed it shows they care.
    “We know fans are hurting, the team is hurting, we’re all hurting.”

Champion
    vCash
    Surely after this season RA will look at the system. It just sux 😞

Champion
    vCash
    Add Ready to that list with Fainga's coming

vCash
    In the article about Simon Cron coming to the Force he said he was impressed with Twiggy's saying that he would make the Force a 'true powerhouse in WORLD rugby'. We won't become a powerhouse in AUS rugby under the current restrictions without concessions over recruitment/salary cap.

Twiggy doesn't strike me as someone full of wind and bluster, I was hoping he had some sort of plan in place to make some real progress in the years to come.

vCash
    Years ago, not sure if still in place. The NBL had a point system, each player was ranked, a team was only allowed a certain amount of points, players who were loyal also were minus a point. eg say 5 was the highest ranking for a player, if that player had stayed at a team for X amount of time they then were classified as a 4. If they left to another team they then would of been classified as a 5.

vCash
    This frustration is 16 years old from where I've been looking. People have been saying the "new" RA/ARU would be different. That's not looking likely so far.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Veteran
    vCash
    wow, just checked out the list... it is not pretty reading! not a lot of people on board for next year. I assume there is some holding back due to the new coach coming in. I reckon that there will be a rash of signings all coming through at once.

I want to see Bo Abra, seems pretty handy for a new prop.

vCash
    Name:  FTvqDV0WQAAm-I9.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  111.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Name:  FTvqDVmWYAASuva.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  143.7 KB

vCash
    Name:  FTvqDVzWAAIkvi3.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  128.1 KB

vCash
    Its official the boys are hanging up their playing boots, and what a contribution they have made to the Force

With over 400 games of Super Rugby experience to their names, the Western Force can confirm that storied veterans Jeremy Thrush, Richard Kahui, and Greg Holmes will be retiring at the end of the season.

Thrush has been a Force fan favourite ever since making the move to WA in 2018 from Premiership side Gloucester. The towering lock, who made over 100 appearances for the Hurricanes and has made 140 Super Rugby appearances, has been an ever-present figure at the Force in a transitional era for the club.

The 12-time capped All Black has represented the Force in the National Rugby Championship (NRC), World Series Rugby, Global Rapid Rugby, and Super Rugby competitions over four seasons (38 caps).

Revered as a player who gives his all for the jersey and his teammates, Thrush played a pivotal role in the Force’s 2019 NRC title win and has been an influential part of the squad with the club returning to Super Rugby in 2020.

“The support of the fans has been amazing, I’ve been blown away by it week in and week out,” Thrush noted.

“This last chapter at the Force has been some of the most enjoyable of my career. The camaraderie we’ve had has been fantastic. I’ve turned up every day here with a smile on my face, and I’ve loved being a part of it.

“To see so many young players come here and go on to forge Super Rugby and international careers has been one of my favourite things to take out of my time here.”

Kahui has been a household name since his eye-catching performances on the wing during the All Blacks 2011 World Cup triumph, which was followed up with a Super Rugby title campaign with the Chiefs in 2012.

Forging a reputation as a versatile, powerful, and hard running midfielder, Kahui has made 97 Super Rugby appearances (31 for the Force) and earned 17 Test caps for the All Blacks in a stellar career.

The former Highlander and Chief signed for the Force in 2020 after seven seasons in Japan with Top League side Toshiba Brave Lupus. Known for his physicality at both ends of the field, Kahui has become a crucial figure for the Force throughout his three seasons with the club.

“I’d like to thank Tim Sampson for giving me the call to join the Force. He’s a great man that cares about his players, so I’ll always be grateful to him. There are so many guys in this team that I’ve got great memories and friendships with,” Kahui explained.

“Most of my favourite moments are based around winning with the Force, the All Blacks and the Chiefs. One of the things I’ve found really special has been the time in the sheds after a game, as it’s always been a chance to reflect and appreciate the journey.

“I’ve absolutely loved it here at the Force. It’s been a great three seasons. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed everything the Western Force is trying to grow. The fans have been so loyal and loud, so it’s been special to have their support.”

Holmes, who made his debut for the Queensland Reds in 2005 against the Blues, has enjoyed a fantastic career, which included a 2011 Super Rugby title.

The front rower has made 169 appearances in Super Rugby (27 for the Force) and earned 27 Tests for the Wallabies, including two World Cup campaigns in 2007 and 2015.

Holmes joined the Force in 2020 from Exeter Chiefs after spending four years with the Premiership side and winning the Premiership title in 2017. The prop has proved a crucial member of the squad bringing invaluable knowledge and technique to the forward pack.

“I’ve had a long career, and I’m very happy with what I’ve achieved. It’s the right time for me. I thought I was going to finish up a few years ago in England, so it’s been great to return to Australia and finish my career here,” Holmes said.

“I’ve loved my time at the Force, there’s an unbelievable group of people here. Alana (wife), Bodhi (son), and I now call Perth home, which is the ultimate compliment I can give.

“I can’t thank my wife Alana, and my Mum and Dad enough for their support over the years.”

General Manager of Rugby Matt Hodgson praised the influence of the retiring trio.

“I’d like to congratulate Jerry, Kaks, and Homer on their outstanding careers, in particular their time at the Force,” Hodgson said.

“They are players and people who have given their all to the Force on and off the field, having played integral roles since joining the club.

“On behalf of the entire organisation, I’d like to wish them and their families all the very best for the future.”

Fans will have the opportunity to celebrate the trio on Saturday night against the Hurricanes at HBF Park, with a place in the finals on the line.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast