Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Force Squad - The List

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Good news, but hopefully the season won't hinge on the fortunes of a borrowed Academy player.......

.... Probably end up with NZ poaching him, but if not them then only likely someone else until Australia gets out of amateurville.
    For a Kiwi-born kid who says he has always thought of making it there & been playing there 3 seasons since school; "poaching" might be a stretch. Fact is he's not been contracted there - yet. The Reds will likely have him on radar as well depending on how Noddy Jnr goes. It's up to him to earn another contract. Here or wherever.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Good news, but hopefully the season won't hinge on the fortunes of a borrowed Academy player.

Just reading what passes for his 'pathway' only goes to highlight what a trainwreck the development system in Australia is. Not going to change now with this bloody lurgy endlessly hanging around, but unlikely to change even after it has gone. So even if he is in Perth longer term, they should seriously consider having him stay playing in NZ as long as possible after SR. At least he'd be playing, which is more than he'd be doing here. Probably end up with NZ poaching him, but if not them then only likely someone else until Australia gets out of amateurville.
    If he's good enough he'll be playing.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    https://www.rugby.com.au/news/super-...hannel-2022110

Western Force Squad
    Forwards: Bo Abra, Greg Holmes, Harry Lloyd, Santiago Medrano, Tom Robertson, Angus Wagner; Feleti Kaitu’u, Andrew Ready, Jack Winchester; Ryan McCauley, Fergus Lee-Warner, Jackson Pugh, Izack Rodda, Sitaleki Timani, Jeremy Thrush; Tim Anstee, Ollie Callan, Kane Koteka, Brynard Stander

Backs: Isaac Fines-Leleiwasa, Michael McDonald, Ian Prior; Jake McIntrye, Reejan Pasitoa; Kyle Godwin, Richard Kahui, Bayley Kuenzle, Grason Makara; Daniel Ala, Brad Lacey, Manasa Mataele, Jack McGregor, Toni Pulu, Byron Ralston, Jake Strachan, Reece Tapine

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Heard on ABC news tonight that the Force have had to let Timani go because he wouldn’t get a COVID vax.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    So any chance Timani might rejoin the force like Jack Darling? Maybe he's been waiting for novavax as well...?

Champion
    vCash
    I saw a post on roar that Fergus Lee Warner is off overseas anyone know about this! Please say it isn’t so 😩

vCash
    Foxsports reporting Fergus Lee Warner is leaving together with some others and quote Simon Cron, as he appears to be aware of it:

Cron will arrive in Western Australia in August, but before then he will scour the Shute Shield market - the Sydney club competition he made his name - as he looks to stiffen up his squad.

Both Lee-Warner and McIntyre are set to leave at season’s end after failing to get a look-in at the Wallabies.

“There will definitely be some positions for us to add some depth to and you’re always looking to have your core,” Cron said.

“You’ve got to have a strong tight-thead.

“With Fergus Lee-Warner going overseas, some other guys we need to add in the forwards, and then some depth in the backs as well.

“So there’s some work to be done there.”

Fox Sports article

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Champion
    vCash
    Thanks I’m so disappointed to hear this. He’s going to be another who got away from oz rugby.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Thanks I’m so disappointed to hear this. He’s going to be another who got away from oz rugby.
    Could not agree more, big heart, big engine and genuine nice guy.

However when you give 120% every game and you cannot even get a look into a 40 man camp, you gotta then look after yourself first.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Champion
    vCash
    Same here from Nick Taylor AND Medrano.
    Bit of an interesting time line too

“If you build it they will come. We’ve just got to build it,” Western Force coach-in-waiting Simon Cron
    Nick Taylor
    The West Australian
    Mon, 28 March 2022 1:23PM
    Recruitment is Force coach-in-waiting Simon Cron’s top priority.
    Western Force coach-in-waiting Simon Cron is four months away from taking charge of the Super Rugby Pacific side but already has recruitment top of his agenda.

The former Waratahs assistant returns to Australia to take over from Tim Sampson after three seasons under former All Blacks coach Steve Hansen at Toyota Verblitz in Japan.
    Cron has a very clear philosophy.
    “If you build it they will come. We’ve just got to build it,” he said.
    “We’re not starting from scratch but there’s almost a blank canvas for us to paint on.
    “I’ve never shied away from a challenge. I’m excited by the opportunity to create something quite unique.”
    It can be revealed that impressive flanker Fergus Lee-Warner is expected to move to English powerhouse Gloucester while Argentinian prop Santiago Medrano is leaving for Europe.
    They join winger Byron Ralston who is moving to Connacht and fly-half Jake McIntyre who has signed for French club Perpignan.

New Zealand-born Cron, a former Canterbury flanker who was touted as a future Waratahs coach, is already looking to fill the vacancies.
    “You can’t wait until August,” he said.
    “Prop, lock depth, centre and full-back are areas to add numbers,” he said.
    “You always look at your spine - 3, 7, 9 and 10 are critical.
    “You’re always checking that you have depth and options with those guys.
    “We’ve had conversations around targets and the type of people we want.
    “It’s also about me understanding some of the guys that are there.
    “It’s a young side, that’s why it’s important to coach deep.”
    Force chief executive Tony Lewis started discussions with Cron before Christmas after Sampson approached him about his future.
    Cron went on to talk with club owner, mining magnate Andrew Forrest who saved the Force from extinction after the brutal 2017 axing by Rugby Australia.
    “It just slowly snowballed,” Cron said.
    “It excited me, what they want to do in coming years, and gave me a good insight to the people behind the Force.
    “The conversation with Andrew Forrest, his approach to work, life and sport was intriguing.”
    Lewis said parting ways with Sampson had not been an easy decision to make.
    “A young up-and-coming coach who is hungry will be good for us. We decided it was time to make a move,” he said.
    “When Simon became available we felt he was the person to take us to the next level.”
    Sampson, who led the club through Forrest’s World Series and Global Rapid Rugby competition’s and back into Super Rugby was told his contract would not be renewed last Tuesday.
    Players were called to a meeting on Saturday after Friday’s 39-38 loss to the Brumbies.
    “Tim was incredibly gracious, obviously upset. He spoke to the players and showed a great deal of character,” Lewis said.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Medrano was always going to leave- nothing keeping him in WA. FLW is a shame, but to be expected. I'd love Jackson Pugh to grow into that role.

Tighthead worries me for next year. Robertson could swap sides, but I dunno. It'd be great to try to get Ainsley back.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Medrano was always going to leave- nothing keeping him in WA. FLW is a shame, but to be expected. I'd love Jackson Pugh to grow into that role.

Tighthead worries me for next year. Robertson could swap sides, but I dunno. It'd be great to try to get Ainsley back.
    Ainsley is back home!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Home schmome. Doesn't he still have some family over here?

With the new WR rules, he could transfer to the ABS despite a few Wallabies caps, but he'd have a better chance over here in Aus.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Wonder what Sham Vui is up to. He had potential at a young age and THP is better suited to older players. Reckon he could be worth a good look.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Wonder what Sham Vui is up to. He had potential at a young age and THP is better suited to older players. Reckon he could be worth a good look.
    It seems he's in Japan (Black Rams Tokyo). So Cron might know him!

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast