Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 77

Thread: 2022 Force Squad - The List

  1. #31
    Legend Contributor .X.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,950
    vCash
    224000
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Yeah, I don't think I'd play Thrush unless injuries occur. Greg Holmes and Kahui- off the bench would be best.

    I'd be looking at starting Rodda and Timani (assuming Timani is staying on) along with FLW at 6 and Anstee at 8. Koteka at 7. I'd play Pugh and Callan from the bench. Figure Pugh covers 6, FLW to lock. I'm not a McCauley fan. If RA doesn't commit to a development comp next year, we need to create one of our own to reduce that frustration.
    No Brynard Stander??

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Exile
    Sydney


    Oracle of Reality

  2. #32
    Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bridgetown, WA
    Posts
    5,964
    vCash
    252000
    Nope. Not at the cost of Pugh or Callan. No doubt injuries will happen and guys like Stander and McCauley would come in.

    I feel like Anstee and FLW offer more than an aging Stander.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

  3. #33
    Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Girrawheen
    Posts
    412
    vCash
    5000000
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Yeah, I don't think I'd play Thrush unless injuries occur. Greg Holmes and Kahui- off the bench would be best.

    I'd be looking at starting Rodda and Timani (assuming Timani is staying on) along with FLW at 6 and Anstee at 8. Koteka at 7. I'd play Pugh and Callan from the bench. Figure Pugh covers 6, FLW to lock. I'm not a McCauley fan. If RA doesn't commit to a development comp next year, we need to create one of our own to reduce that frustration.
    I'd play Thrush for a good part of each game if he is fit and he wants to, he brings so much to the team!

    7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #34
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    9
    vCash
    5016000
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    I'd play Thrush for a good part of each game if he is fit and he wants to, he brings so much to the team!
    100%

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #35
    Champion Tazzmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,398
    vCash
    5432000
    Good to see that Manasa Maetele is going to play for Canterbury in the NPC. That will ensure he keeps getting some game time before he joins our squad next year. with Fiji having a limited season

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The Force Onwards and Upwards

  6. #36
    Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West Leederville
    Posts
    16,151
    vCash
    3976000
    Harry Lloyd is back from a stint with the Brumbies https://www.westernforce.com.au/powe...-to-the-force/

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

    Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

    Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

  7. #37
    Champion Tazzmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,398
    vCash
    5432000
    Great to see Harry coming back, says so much for an organisation when players return.

    He seemed to be a decent bloke both on and off the field.

    Interesting that we seem to be the only franchise really attracting players from other franchises, while most of the other Australian franchises appear to be re-signing mainly existing and returning from overseas players that used play for them.

    PS: Looks like we have almost cleared the Brumbies reserve bench!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Tazzmania; 22-07-21 at 14:09.
    The Force Onwards and Upwards

  8. #38
    Player
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    306
    vCash
    5016000
    I wonder if this means Robertson is moving on? Wagner has been developing well at LHP and Lloyd has starting experience at the Brumbies, so having all three seems a waste of resources. EDIT: unless one of the 3 is also good at THP?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Transiting; 22-07-21 at 14:43.

  9. #39
    Champion Tazzmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,398
    vCash
    5432000
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    I wonder if this means Robertson is moving on? Wagner has been developing well at LHP and Lloyd has starting experience at the Brumbies, so having all three seems a waste of resources. EDIT: unless one of the 3 is also good at THP?
    Spoke to Robertson at the BoP match, is enjoying Perth and he is looking forward to playing next year with us and trying to get back into the Wallaby Squad.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The Force Onwards and Upwards

  10. #40
    Player
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    306
    vCash
    5016000
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Spoke to Robertson at the BoP match, is enjoying Perth and he is looking forward to playing next year with us and trying to get back into the Wallaby Squad.
    Great news! He had a very good season. So I suppose that means Lloyd and Wagner are fighting it out for No.2 LHP?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #41
    Player
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    306
    vCash
    5016000
    I wonder if they might try to convert Wagner to a THP?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #42
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    713
    vCash
    5004000
    I think I read somewhere that we were about to announce the signing of a flanker as well. Tizzano would have to be favourite? Wouldn't complain though if it was Gill or McMahon.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #43
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    989
    vCash
    5388000
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    I think I read somewhere that we were about to announce the signing of a flanker as well. Tizzano would have to be favourite? Wouldn't complain though if it was Gill or McMahon.
    Yes the West newspaper said signing of a flanker and a winger to come shortly.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #44
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    19,411
    vCash
    7286800
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    I wonder if this means Robertson is moving on? Wagner has been developing well at LHP and Lloyd has starting experience at the Brumbies, so having all three seems a waste of resources. EDIT: unless one of the 3 is also good at THP?
    I HAVE read the posts below, but you really couldn't blame Tom if he started thinking about a retirement package in Japan after tearing the competition apart only to be roundly ignored for national representation.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  15. #45
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    989
    vCash
    5388000
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I HAVE read the posts below, but you really couldn't blame Tom if he started thinking about a retirement package in Japan after tearing the competition apart only to be roundly ignored for national representation.
    Tom Robertson is part way through a medical degree which he started in 2016. In 2020 it was reported he was doing part time study towards anaesthetics. I am guessing he is continuing in that direction here in Perth?
    https://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...f3f7429211ca9f

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Force List 2022 speculation
    By GIGS20 in forum Western Force
    Replies: 286
    Last Post: 13-08-21, 15:51
  2. 2021 Force Squad - The List
    By The InnFORCEr in forum Western Force
    Replies: 219
    Last Post: 02-07-21, 09:00
  3. 2020 Force Squad - The List
    By The InnFORCEr in forum Global Rapid Rugby
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 02-07-20, 17:07
  4. Western Force Squad for 2019 - The List
    By The InnFORCEr in forum Western Force
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-09-18, 09:42
  5. Western Force NRC Squad 2018 - The List
    By The InnFORCEr in forum National Rugby Championship (NRC)
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 09-09-18, 14:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •