CEO mentions Tony Pulu returning.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Force secure Backline Trio

Kuenzel, Fines and Tapine confirmed on two year deals

Welcome back Finn Diesel

Average age of our squad has plummeted in the last two days

Last edited by Tazzmania; 15-06-21 at 13:28.
    The Force Onwards and Upwards

Player
    vCash
    Might be time for an update InnFORCer

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Book Maker
    Contributor
    vCash
    https://www.westernforce.com.au/forc...o-veteran-duo/

Marcel Brache and Chris Hieberg gone.....

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Force sign Fijian flyer

July 5, 2021

The Western Force has bolstered its backline stocks with the signing of exciting young winger Manasa Mataele from the Crusaders on a two-year contract.

The speedster, who has made 33 Super Rugby appearances for the Crusaders since making his debut against the Blues in 2017, has recently been called up by Fiji and is poised to make his first international Test appearance against the All Blacks in July.

Mataele, known for his powerful ball-carrying, rapid pace and skills, joins the Force in fine form having played in each of the five Super Rugby Trans-Tasman matches this year.

The 24-year-old is determined to take his game to a new level with the Force.

“This is a really exciting opportunity that I couldn’t pass up. It’s a great new challenge for me,” Mataele said.

It was fantastic to see the Force back in Super Rugby action and thriving this year. They play an expansive and fast-paced style, which suits my game.

“I’m looking forward to developing my game under Tim Sampson and give my all for the club.”

Force head of rugby Matt Hodgson is delighted to have secured Mataele.

“Manasa is an extremely talented player who has shown his ability on the big stage in Super Rugby throughout his career,” Hodgson explained.

“At just 24, his best rugby is ahead of him, and he adds plenty of creativity to our backline. He’s an entertaining player who is sure to excite the Sea of Blue.”

https://www.westernforce.com.au/forc...-fijian-flyer/

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Good signing, but have to say just slightly disappointed on a philosophical level that he didn't choose to play for the Drua. They need to be competitive at a whole new level, and Mataele had that sort of experience to bring.

I suspect the Force will cop a bit of criticism from those with agendas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Good signing, but have to say just slightly disappointed on a philosophical level that he didn't choose to play for the Drua. They need to be competitive at a whole new level, and Mataele had that sort of experience to bring.I suspect the Force will cop a bit of criticism from those with agendas.
    I suppose the fact that the drugs haven't been given a license to compete anywhere might have impacted that decision.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I suppose the fact that the drugs haven't been given a license to compete anywhere might have impacted that decision.
    Your auto-correct is becoming legendary.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Force secure promising young trio

July 8, 2021

The Western Force is delighted to announce that Jake Strachan, Grason Makara and Jackson Pugh have all re-signed with the club.

With each of the three players under the age of 25, the contract extensions signal the clubs continued efforts to nurture young Australian talent. Homegrown players Makara and Pugh have both come through the Force Academy pathway.

Strachan, who has penned a two-year deal, enjoyed a strong finish to the Super Rugby season with consecutive starts at 15 against the Crusaders and Blues in New Zealand. The 24-year-old now has 12 Force caps to his name and the silky skilled back will be looking to continue his fine form in the years to come.

Im very grateful for the opportunity that Tim (Sampson) and Matt (Hodgson) have given me. Were building something very special at the Force and Im excited to be a part of it, Strachan said.

Ive learned a lot this year and gained a lot of confidence, which I cant wait to bring to the field next season.

Wanneroo local product Makara, who made his Force debut in the opening round of the Global Rapid Rugby competition in 2020, has greatly developed his game over the past couple of years with the club and the 21-year-old is determined to make his Super Rugby debut after signing a new one-year contract.

The Force has done so much for me in my career and I cant wait for another year with the club, Makara said.

Coming out of the Academy system I was prepared for professional rugby and the boys have been really supportive. I feel right at home.

Pugh, a homegrown lock of the Force Academy system, has been working tirelessly on the training track with the senior squad and showing fantastic promise in the Fortescue Premier Grade competition on a weekly basis for local side Palmyra. With a new one-year deal secured for the 21-year-old, Pugh is thrilled to be continuing with his hometown club.

Its really exciting to be continuing with the Force, especially after the success the club enjoyed this year, Pugh explained.

Im looking forward to learning from Izack Rodda and pushing for selection next year. Im loving it here and its great to be a part of the club moving forward.

Force head coach Tim Sampson stated the trio have worked hard and he cant wait to see them grow with the experiences to come with the Force.

Weve got a lot of faith in Jake. Hes shown a lot of growth this year after working alongside Rob Kearney. Hes faster and stronger this year and hes been great to watch with the ball in his hands, Sampson said.

Jackson is an exceptional player who is very mobile and were expecting big things from him. Hes got great experience around him with Jeremy Thrush and Sita Timani, so Im sure he will learn from them and develop his game even further.

Grasons a fantastic local product and everyone is quite excited about his potential. Hes highly regarded amongst his peers, and hes been playing exceptionally well for Wanneroo this season.

https://www.westernforce.com.au/forc...ng-young-trio/

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Good to see the trio being locked in.

Reading between the lines it seems to confirm that Timani and Thrush will still be around next year

"“Jackson is an exceptional player who is very mobile and we’re expecting big things from him. He’s got great experience around him with Jeremy Thrush and Sita Timani, so I’m sure he will learn from them and develop his game even further."

The Force Onwards and Upwards

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I think it has been confirmed elsewhere that Thrush, Kahui and Holmes will be wider squad members with big academy roles. Perfect option if you ask me. Gives depth but allows junior talent to come through.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I think it has been confirmed elsewhere that Thrush, Kahui and Holmes will be wider squad members with big academy roles. Perfect option if you ask me. Gives depth but allows junior talent to come through.
    Absolutely. Also, does this change which bag of gold they are being paid from? Some from the Players' salary bag, and some from the coaching bag? And if so, does this help with the salary cap?

vCash
    If we have Timani, Rodda and Thrush next year (even if Thrush is a player/coach) then will players like McCauley and Pugh be frustrated for game time?

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah, I don't think I'd play Thrush unless injuries occur. Greg Holmes and Kahui- off the bench would be best.

I'd be looking at starting Rodda and Timani (assuming Timani is staying on) along with FLW at 6 and Anstee at 8. Koteka at 7. I'd play Pugh and Callan from the bench. Figure Pugh covers 6, FLW to lock. I'm not a McCauley fan. If RA doesn't commit to a development comp next year, we need to create one of our own to reduce that frustration.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

If RA doesn't commit to a development comp next year, we need to create one of our own to reduce that frustration.
    Yes, if the RA does not get something going, the the Force should apply to NZ to play a team in their NPC. which is already funnily sponsored by a WA company with its head office in Perth (Bunnings/Wesfarmers). Perhaps Twiggy or FMG can add to the WA connection to oil the wheels for our entry. The NPC has 7 teams in its first division which runs from August to October. Eight teams would cut out the bye.
    https://www.nzrugby.co.nz/teams-and-...warehouse-npc/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast