I have a small favor to ask the Perth Rugby Community.

As some of you already know. I am on the committee for a Rugby Club here in Western Sydney. This year the Hawkesbury Agricultural College Rugby Union Football Club celebrates 130 years of Rugby.

On the 3rd of July 2021, we are having a 130th Ball, and over 100 current and former players and supporters will be attending matches at College oval and then a fully catered dinner.

I am trying to put together a Ball Program. I hope to include with it "telegram style" messages of Congratulations from Rugby Clubs around Australia, and overseas.

If your club, your President can help me out. Please send me a private message.

Thank you.

Below you can find a brief history of Hawkesbury Agricultural College Rugby Union Football Club

The Hawkesbury Agricultural College Rugby Union Football Club was founded in 1891. This was the same year that the College itself commenced operation. In that first year there was one side in the club, the 1st XV, which won three games and drew their fourth. Eight years later in 1899, the club introduced Honour Caps for the best forward and best back, a tradition which continues today. In 1907, the first match between the Old Boys and current students was played, another tradition which continues today, and the following year saw the college employ a professional coach for the club.

At the start of 1911, HACRC joined the Sydney Suburban Competition. 1912 saw the college grandstand built, which is rumoured to be the second oldest surviving grandstand in Australia (Only the stand on the Richmond Oval is older). 1929 saw HACRC commence its long list of achievements by winning the First “Country Week” title. Between 1950 and 1960, HACRC were frequently invited by the Australian Rugby Union, New South Wales Rugby Union and the Country Rugby Union, to play as curtain raisers to various international matches played in New South Wales. Also, in 1953, the 1st XV played 18 matches, winning 17 and losing one. 1962 saw the introduction of the Sydney second division competition. Hawkesbury were one of the founding clubs in this competition.

In 1970, the College introduced the semester system. Students received a four week holiday break in mid-winter and in the middle of rugby season. In 1989, and the University of Western Sydney took over the operations of Hawkesbury Agricultural College. Students were now able to enrol in a greater number of courses, and to reflect this change the club changed its name from HACRC to the University of Western Sydney Hawkesbury Rugby Union Club.

The club still plays in the traditional “Blood and Mustard” stripes. In recent times the Club has experienced varying levels of success due largely uncontrollable forces shaping the developing culture of the UWS Hawkesbury Campus. The Club was very strong through the 1990’s and participated in the Kentwell Cup (Subbies First Division). However, the changing nature of the campus demographic especially since 2000 has seen a drop in the number of rugby players attending the university.

The tough times of the early 21st century were certainly trying years as the club re-established itself in the NSWSRU 4th division. Yet now sees a new era beginning for the Club. Today large numbers of students, non students, or ex students (from many Universities) fill the ranks of the HAC teams.