Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Western Force v Bay of Plenty

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham105 View Post
    It can be done significantly cheaper than that.

Obviously the standard of the tv coverage has to scale with the type of match being covered.

Let me put it this way ... the cost they sink into producing a Hospital Cup club game at Wests in Brisbane is much, much lower than for a full-noise Bledisloe Cup match.

NRC games have been covered before, even night-time ones. You're still looking at many thousands ... but it wouldn't need to be $200k.
    Sure - we could set up Shasta on the halfway line with an iPhone. 2 cans of Coke No Sugar and a packet of BurgerRings. Hell, we could give him a microphone and he could commentate too.

"And Thrushy passes to that young fella - shit what's his name. Doesn't matter, he dropped the fucking thing...."
    "Gettup you useless bastard!!!"

Or we have 8 HD cameras connected to an Outside Broadcast Truck with Mick, Mitch, and Tess doing the commentating. They are probably gonna want more than 2 Cokes and a packet of chips.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Sure - we could set up Shasta on the halfway line with an iPhone. 2 cans of Coke No Sugar and a packet of BurgerRings. Hell, we could give him a microphone and he could commentate too."And Thrushy passes to that young fella - shit what's his name. Doesn't matter, he dropped the fucking thing....""Gettup you useless bastard!!!"Or we have 8 HD cameras connected to an Outside Broadcast Truck with Mick, Mitch, and Tess doing the commentating. They are probably gonna want more than 2 Cokes and a packet of chips.
    Sponsorship by telstrashop.com seems to be enough for a regular podcast

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Sponsorship by telstrashop.com seems to be enough for a regular podcast
    Sponsorship from TelstraShop is probably enough for a box of Emu Export and a Pizza.

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Sure - we could set up Shasta on the halfway line with an iPhone. 2 cans of Coke No Sugar and a packet of BurgerRings. Hell, we could give him a microphone and he could commentate too.

"And Thrushy passes to that young fella - shit what's his name. Doesn't matter, he dropped the fucking thing...."

Or we have 8 HD cameras connected to an Outside Broadcast Truck with Mick, Mitch, and Tess doing the commentating. They are probably gonna want more than 2 Cokes and a packet of chips.
    I'd do it, but people might want their commentary to be more informed and less biased.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash

Lose the sugar free and burger rings and you might have a goer. Why the hell not? Roy & HG built a career on that!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I'd do it, but people might want their commentary to be more informed and less biased.
    As opposed to the current commentry?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Game day information: Force vs Bay of Plenty

July 13, 2021

The Western Force is back home for another special game in front of the Sea of Blue, as the squad take on Bay of Plenty this Friday night.

It’s been almost two months since we’ve seen you all at HBF Park and we can’t wait to see and hear you on Friday.

Be there to wish farewell to Force legend Kieran Longbottom and club stalwart Chris Heiberg in their last appearance for the Western Force.

Find out what we have planned for another fantastic night of live rugby and entertainment.

AROUND THE GROUNDS

Key times

5:00pm – Gate 1 Opens

5.30pm – Wests Scarborough vs Perth-Bayswater – Curtain Raiser

6.00pm – All Gates Open

6.00pm – Members Bars open

6.30pm – CEO Tony Lewis Q&A (South Marquee Members Bar)

7.15pm – Pre-game Entertainment Commences

7.30pm – Western Force vs Bay of Plenty Kick-Off

GATE ONE

PRE-GAME ENTERTAINMENT

With a blockbuster Fortescue Premier Grade curtain raiser between Wests Scarborough and Perth-Bayswater kicking off at 5:30, as well as the Santos RugbyRoos clinic, amusement rides and photo booth at Gate 1, be sure to get to the ground early to make the most of the pre-game entertainment.

Be in your seats by 7.15pm to experience the epic rock performance from the Murphy brothers accompanied by an exciting firework show.

BEER OFFER

From 6:00pm – 7:00pm Single Fin Schooners will be $6 at all members bars and Side Track cans will be available for $5 at West Brick and Marquee Bars.

HALF TIME ENTERTAINMENT

Magicians Adam and Selina will be lighting up half time with their performance, with a zorb ball race and Retravision Catch for Cash also taking place during the break.

POST-GAME ENTERTAINMENT

Join the Force on the field!

Members, fans and supporters will be welcomed to join the Force players on the field to grab an autograph, picture or just to have a chat.

We will also be taking the official 2021 Sea of Blue photo on HBF Park, so be sure to stick around after the game!

GETTING TO AND FROM THE GAME

For all the details, head to the HBF Park website here: https://www.hbfpark.com.au/venue/transport/

HOW TO WATCH THE GAME

The best and only way to watch this game is LIVE at the Force Field – HBF Park. Follow the game on our socials at @westernforce.

MEMBERSHIP QUERIES

If you have any questions regarding Membership, please head to the Gate 4 Memberships Marquee or inside Gate 4 at the Memberships Kiosk. Our dedicated Memberships Team will be happy to assist!

https://www.westernforce.com.au/game...bay-of-plenty/

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    As opposed to the current commentry?
    Honestly, I am enjoying the Stan commentary. Loving Sean Maloney's enthusiasm and passion for the game.

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Honestly, I am enjoying the Stan commentary. Loving Sean Maloney's enthusiasm and passion for the game.
    I must say I find Sean Maloney's commentary very juvenile and lacking in rugby detail, he just raises his voice and over pronunciates the players name when they get the ball. I find he offers very little "commentary" on what is actually happening in a "rugby sense" or what actually happened in the "play". He is more suited to sevens party astmostphere commentary.

In rugby I think we lack the ability of some of the AFL commentators to describe what is happening and its context, I think this stems back to the AFL commentators also having do radio commentaries or at least cut their teeth there orginally, where it entails a more informative picture needing to be described.

As for Justin Harrison dont get me started........

Just my thoughts

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    More tongue-in-cheek, I prefer Stan over Fox. But plenty of we/us when speaking for whoever The Force is playing, referencing Barbarian side the Force got/will continue to get on my nerves.

Mostly I try not to listen to commentary, prefer just hearing the refs mic. I noticed last night the commentary trying to put their 2 cents in but struggling to make sense of the ground decisions. Hard for commentators when there are constant differing interpretations

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Why the hell not? Roy & HG built a career on that!
    Have to admit, that was my immediate thought too.... 😃

vCash
    Longbottom starts in swan song
    July 14, 2021

The Western Force is back in action this Friday in front of the Sea of Blue when they take on New Zealand provincial side the Bay of Plenty.

With Force legend Kieran Longbottom and club stalwart Chris Heiberg making their final appearances for the club, it’s set to be a special occasion with kick-off at 7:30pm.

Head coach Tim Sampson has named an exciting squad with a mix of experience and youth throughout the 25.

Longbottom starts in his final game after announcing his retirement earlier this month, with the prop joined by Andrew Ready and Angus Wagner in the front row.

Ian Prior captains the side starting at scrumhalf with playmaker Jake McIntyre alongside him at flyhalf.

Homegrown trio Brad Lacey, Kyle Godwin and Grason Makara start at 11,12 and 13 respectively. They are three of 12 local players set to take on the Bay of Plenty.

Nedlands hooker Nick Hyde, Wests Scarborough back-rower Isaac Meo and UWA winger Byron Sharwood have been named in the matchday squad alongside Future Force Foundation products Kane Koteka, Ollie Callan, Michael McDonald and Jackson Pugh, as well as Force Fortescue Academy player Zantana Pomare.

Head coach Tim Sampson said there is much excitement around the team for Friday night’s clash.

“We are very excited to be playing back at HBF Park, given our last three games were on the road in New Zealand it feels like such a long time since we were at home in front of the Sea of Blue. We have a stiff opposition this week, they are a quality side so we are really looking forward to it,” Sampson said.

“It is pretty special to see nearly 50% of the matchday players as local products, it’s what we are striving to achieve here – an organisation that is going to tap into the local players and Friday night is a great sign of what we are trying to do.

“Zantana is very quiet and humble, but he is really looking forward to Friday night. We just want him to go out and enjoy playing in front of the Sea of Blue, it will be a big occasion for him, but he hopefully uses his size and strength and does some damage out there.

“Kieran and Chris have been huge contributors to the club, going back many years. Kieran is a WA product, and he has been outstanding over many years. It’s sad to see a career coming to an end for someone who has been so loyal to the Force so hopefully we can put on a good performance for him on Friday night.

“Heizy (Chris Heiberg) is such a gentleman, he gives the club everything from training on the field to when they are in the gym. He is a great man.”

https://www.westernforce.com.au/long...-in-swan-song/

vCash
    Name:  BAY-OF-PLENTY2-2048x1152.jpg
Views: 1515
Size:  118.7 KB

vCash
    No Jake Ball and no Izack Rodda....

vCash
    No Ralston and no farewell for Jono Lance?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast