Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Western Force vs Highlanders - Match Thread

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    The Laws related to the scrum need to be changed to allow for a contest without all the penalties.In virtually all the matches this season the senario is this:
    scrum called,scrums does not set correctly or collapses
    reset scrum-rinse and repeat
    reset a third time-penalty

repeat through the match ad nauseam

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The key word there is "contest" for all the technical frees and penalties that spoil the spectacle, the crucial part of that contest doesn't seem to matter anymore. Feed the ball straight and in the middle of the tunnel.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    The key word there is "contest" for all the technical frees and penalties that spoil the spectacle, the crucial part of that contest doesn't seem to matter anymore. Feed the ball straight and in the middle of the tunnel.
    Give it a rest Shasta, you're not expecting halfbacks to know/understand/play by the laws of the game are you?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    That Chiefs pack monstered the Brumbies scrum on the weekend with Wallabies AAA and Sio, so we actually did OK against them considering. However I think we should be considering starting Holmes against strong scrums because losing scrum penalties early in the game generally costs us dearly. The scrum often turns into a weapon for us when Holmes comes on late in the game, which is one of the reasons we have been strong finishers, but I think it would be better to have a somewhat lesser advantage for the first 50 or so.

I'm surprised we haven't seen a Timani / FLW combination tried when Thrush is out or needs to be subbed. Surely we could train one of them up in lineout calling and defensive lineout reading? Jackson Pugh looked good in the pre-season trial game but hasn't had a look in either.
    A back 5 of FLW, Timani, Anstee, Koteka, Stander would be excellent around the field, with Pugh / Macauley and Callan on the bench.
    Macauley has been serviceable, but is definitely a bit of a step down at the moment.

And Kearney has looked a bit sluggish since coming back from injury. Hopefully he gets up to speed, but we possibly looked better with Macgregor at 15.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Give it a rest Shasta, you're not expecting halfbacks to know/understand/play by the laws of the game are you?
    No, and I know you're taking the piss But. I thought maybe the referees might. Maybe it's not pedantic enough.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    No, and I know you're taking the piss But. I thought maybe the referees might. Maybe it's not pedantic enough.
    Yeah, probably nowhere near technical enough for them to bother with.

C'mon the

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6