Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Front of Jersey Sponsor for Trans-Tasman Comp

Senior Player
    vCash

New Front of Jersey Sponsor for Trans-Tasman Comp

Force team up with Tribe Tech
    May 13, 2021
    The Western Force is delighted to announce Tribe Tech has signed on as a major partner for the inaugural 2021 Super Rugby Trans-Tasman season.

As a proudly Western Australian-based business, Tribe Tech operates in the mining and mineral resource industry and have developed the first generation of truly autonomous and safe equipment in order to protect the human operators from the dangers of drilling.

With a manufacturing facility and head office in Northern Ireland and an office here in Western Australia, Tribe Tech is a rapidly growing company looking to expose its brand to a local, national and global audience and engage with WA’s passionate rugby community.

The Tribe Tech branding will feature on the front of the Force’s home and away jerseys throughout the Super Rugby Trans-Tasman competition as the club takes on New Zealand’s elite teams, which will be broadcast internationally.

Tony Lewis, Western Force Chief Executive Officer says this is an exciting commercial development for all involved.

“It’s fantastic to be partnering with such an innovative and socially conscious business, and to provide them with the exposure to an expanding audience within Australia, New Zealand and across the world.”

Charlie King, Director of Tribe Tech is delighted to be partnering with the Force.

“The team at Tribe Tech are all excited to be getting behind the Force and showing our support for growing rugby in WA. It’s a great excuse for us to get more of the Irish-Australian community involved in the local game here and the inevitable ongoing success of the Force.”

Harvey Beef remain the Principal Partner of the Western Force in 2021 and will continue to work with the club to deliver branded content on social media and exciting activations at HBF Park on game days.

Visit the Tribe Tech website here: https://www.tribetechgroup.com/

Pictured above (left to right): Rob Kearney and Charlie King (Director of Tribe Tech).

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash

vCash
    Please forgive me for being a little negative. But how does a completely autonomous drill rig protect human operators? It's description suggests that they would be hundreds of kilometers clear of the rig looking for a job. They'd have little chance of a job manufacturing those rigs either, unless they move to Belfast. I'm happy to see them on board as a sponsor and am well aware that progress is unstoppable. The job I did in Iron Ore for 15 years has also been largely taken over by automatons.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    That looks so much neater than the jersey with ghastly Harvey Beef logo

Last edited by jargan83; 13-05-21 at 10:34.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    But how does a completely autonomous drill rig protect human operators? It's description suggests that they would be hundreds of kilometers clear of the rig looking for a job.
    That's precisely how it works - they just spin it as being a safer alternative that "protects human operators".

Resistance is Futile.

vCash
    Great to see the ability for us to now attract front of jersey sponsors, it was not too long ago that we did not have the ability to do so, and had to delve into the world of shared sponsorship.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    That looks so much neater than the jersey with ghastly Harvey Beef logo
    GIGS-ette and myself weren't sold on the Harvey Beef logo, so when we found some jerseys in Rebel Sport without it we snapped them up.

That decision is looking better each week!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post

Resistance is Futile.

Name:  Data.png
Views: 1629
Size:  160.9 KB
    Yep. Even the robot cops it it eventually.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Perhaps some people need to catch-up with the fact that autonomous pre-split drilling means that nobody has to be in a cab beneath a high wall, which more and more is becoming a near-vertical face.

Although many of us have spent our time drilling blastholes, the reality is that it was as boring as bat$hit despite the good $$s.

Like it or lump it, the autonomous drills are cheaper and more efficient in a job that increasingly more Aussies don't want to do.
    So many are happy to live in a Capital City and be part of the welfare system rather than work in a remote location.

I like the Irish TT connection for the TT part of the SR season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Perhaps some people need to catch-up with the fact that autonomous pre-split drilling means that nobody has to be in a cab beneath a high wall, which more and more is becoming a near-vertical face.

Although many of us have spent our time drilling blastholes, the reality is that it was as boring as bat$hit despite the good $$s.

Like it or lump it, the autonomous drills are cheaper and more efficient in a job that increasingly more Aussies don't want to do.
    So many are happy to live in a Capital City and be part of the welfare system rather than work in a remote location.

Out of curiosity what would a driller be paid in the role that is being replaced by automation.

vCash

I think that was amply covered by....

I'm happy to see them on board as a sponsor and am well aware that progress is unstoppable. The job I did in Iron Ore for 15 years has also been largely taken over by automatons.
    Without the need for a lecture. But in any event the point remains ...

how does a completely autonomous drill rig protect human operators?
    Even though many have had to accept and adapt to technological change, and you might be happy not to be still, I can promise you there are many, many people who would still be happily bored shitless driving ore trains, dump trucks and manning drill rigs in exchange for the bucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Without the need for a lecture. But in any event the point remains ...
    No lecture just expressing an alternate point of view.
    I drilled my first drill hole (in exploration) >50 years ago and am still working in the industry.
    Always preferred exploration drilling (auger, diamond, rc or vacuum) and sampling to repetitive production drilling in the same workplace every day. Maybe I just like the changing views.

The mining industry is struggling to attract enough people for these jobs and hence the move to autonomous haulage and drilling - the most repetitive jobs. It's happening both on surface and underground due to the shortage of willing workers. Despite the terrific remuneration.

vCash
    Happy to accept your industry knowledge and admit I was wrong in generalizing. I'd just say that Im a bit sceptical about the industry not being able to attract people to haul truck roles. I think there'd be plenty if employers were a bit more willing to train young inexperienced people. Rail operations is another area where I doubt there'd be a lack of takers, although I suppose it may be inevitable they'll all want auto haul eventually. For a long time the industry relied heavily on pinching people trained by state government railways, although they did train some of their own.

vCash

Rigs are still pretty agricultural compared to the development of trucks and excavators IMHO. Drop a person out of the cab but add an instro tech to the workshop and a field tech to set em up. A wee bit more swings and roundabouts than it might first appear. Bloody love the fact that we’ve got another company that reckons the Force are a good investment for their advertising $$$.

Agree with the Irish connection, been a real laugh hearing so many Irish accents at the games this season- they’ve got a wicked sense of humour!

vCash
    Speaking of team gear, does anyone know where I can buy one of these nifty black training shirts?

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast