Thread: McMahon wants Wallabies return; BUT.......

vCash

McMahon wants Wallabies return; BUT.......

I'd like to see more of this from RA and the coaches, even if candidates are not quite as good as overseas players - YET. I am OK with long standing Wallabies being able to collect a bit of super but I don't like exemptions to the Giteau law. It would be nice to get to a situation where young players who go for the cash grab are not guaranteed an invitation back every time a RWC or Lions Tour etc roll around. It would tend to make them think twice so a bit of short term pain (maybe), could pay off in the long run.

Rennie happy with local backrowers

Wallabies coach Dave Rennie is so impressed with a batch of rising young Australian backrowers he has not made contact with Sean McMahon, despite the Japan-based flanker expressing his willingness to play Test rugby again.

One week after All Blacks and fellow Suntory star Beauden Barrett revealed both McMahon and Samu Kerevi want to feature at the next World Cup, sources close to McMahon confirmed he is open to a return to the Wallabies fold.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Yep, I think with the number of good backrowers in Australia at the moment, McMahon should definitely come home to test himself against them directly.

Even Kerevi would be a difficult one to support with Hunter Paisami playing pretty much the same game and killing it in Super AU, maybe we could make a phone call after Trans Tasman if our Centres don't look up to scratch

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the