Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The boys are on their way to Brumbieland

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    See I'd put Kahui at 12 with Godwin at 13. Makara and MacGregor on the bench would cover all positions pretty well.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Taefu at 12, Godwin at 13 and Kahui at 22

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I'd probably go Taefu 12, Kahui 13, Godwin 22. But that's not going to happen. Godwin hesitating into contact and shoveling too much so far

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    I'd probably go Taefu 12, Kahui 13, Godwin 22. But that's not going to happen. Godwin hesitating into contact and shoveling too much so far
    Hell will freeze over before they bench Godwin. The whole franchise revolves around him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Hell will freeze over before they bench Godwin. The whole franchise revolves around him.
    Considering Godwin is three from three as captain, and an integral part of our defensive line and was instrumental in bringing Flook back onto the field of play on Friday so that we did not have to have a drop out and defend another Reds attack as well as having come through our systems it is important for him to start and lead the team again. He has my support and iam sure many others

It will 12 Godwin, 13 Kuhui and the bench spot will probably be Tuafu.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Godwin has my support too. We wouldn’t have him but for the COVID outbreak. I’m just making the point that the Force has clearly shaped things around him. From the marketing to the captaincy. Hence why it’s inconceivable that they would bench him.

Player
    vCash
    Godwin and Kahui are both brilliant defenders and strong in the tackle but short on pace . We need the quick boys on their shoulders when they get the ball for the offload into space they create along with the hard running loose trio ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsetal06 View Post
    Godwin and Kahui are both brilliant defenders and strong in the tackle but short on pace . We need the quick boys on their shoulders when they get the ball for the offload into space they create along with the hard running loose trio ...
    I get what you're saying but without access to training stats, he doesn't seem to have lost too much speed for a 13 judging by some of his carries lately. So I wonder if it's perception rather than reality. All those injury set-backs and long time in Japan with a small workload sees him still very effective. The injuries were all major shoulder problems so the pins still go OK. For his size, he was a devastating tackler - to himself as well. Hopefully with the wisdom of age, and a slightly less, if trickier workload on D, he'll be OK. I 'd rather see at 13 than 14.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsetal06 View Post
    Look, I get that speed is a great thing for a back to have, but honestly, in defense, I'd rather play a back who can read the play and put himself in the right place at the right time over somebody who is quick.

If we're going with defense as a reasoning, I'd pick Godwin and Kahui, both of whom have proven their capabilities in spades. I'm pushing Taefu more because he's young and busy in attack, we can't affort to be too conservative.

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Confirmed last night. Three weeks

Kuridrani cops three-match ban
    Nick Taylor
    The West Australian
    Mon, 26 April 2021 7:56PM

Testern Force’s historic Super Rugby finals hopes have taken a blow with powerful centre Tevita Kuridrani suspended for three weeks after being found guilty of a tip tackle in the Force’s dramatic win over the Queensland Reds.
    The Wallabies midfielder was cited for a tip tackle in the 30-27 win over the Reds last Friday night and yesterday faced a SANZAAR disciplinary hearing via video link from the ACT where the Force are preparing for the clash at GIO Stadium.
    Kuridrani was yellow-carded for the tackle on Hunter Paisami just one minute into the game at HBF Park but the citing commissioner decided the incident met the red-card threshold for foul play.
    The charge could have led to a six-week ban and the Force will not be appealing against the decision.
    Head of rugby Matt Hodgson said after the hearing: “Obviously not the result we wanted but one we will accept.
    “We’re disappointed for Tevita because in the last two weeks he’s come into some good form.
    “He’s a big part of the squad.
    “The positive is we have players ready to go who have played at 13.
    “Through disappointment comes an opportunity for someone to step up in a big game.”
    The decision means Kuridrani will miss Saturday’s qualifying final, the grand final if they make it and the first round of the trans-Tasman competition.
    The Force took 29 players to Canberra on Sunday, the match-day 23 from last Friday plus full-back Rob Kearney, winger Marcel Brache, centre Henry Taefu, hooker Jack Winchester, prop Kieran Longbottom and flanker Ollie Callan.
    All Blacks World Cup winner Richard Kahui or Samoan international Taefu will partner Kyle Godwin in the midfield.
    The Force were granted exemptions to fly to the ACT after being banned from training in WA.
    They went into hotel quarantine on arrival and have trained in isolation.
    The ACT lifted its restrictions.
    The clash will be the Force’s maiden finals appearance.
    They had just four wins — two in Canberra — and a draw in 18 games against the Brumbies in the previous Super Rugby competition and have not beaten them in four attempts in the two years of the new Australian tournament.
    The Brumbies are coming off a bye but loosehead prop Scott Sio is wary it could work against them.
    “It’s worked against teams in the past,” Sio said.
    “You’ve got to stay consistent.
    “You can be on top one week and quickly be brought down the next week.
    “The Force are a big challenge. They are riding a good wave of momentum.
    “We understand the challenge they pose, a physical side, a good kicking game.”
    Fly-half Noah Lolesio said he was not surprised the Force had made the finals.
    “I’ve always known they are a good team, ever since we played them in round one,” he said.
    “They have a really good side, a really solid squad, they’ve got depth.
    “They will come out full of energy.”
    Meanwhile, the Reds will enter a Ballymore bubble as they prepare to host the winner of Saturday’s match in the grand final at Suncorp Stadium the following Saturday.
    They received permission yesterday to return to Brisbane after flying to Sydney after the loss to the Force because the Queensland government had shut its borders to travellers from Perth.

vCash
    Assuming the pubs are open again on Saturday, where's a good place to watch the game?
    As its our first finals appearance, perhaps the force could organise for us to watch it at HQ (anyone got any contacts)?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    is always a great atmosphere for any rugby game

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    "JB OReillys is always a great atmosphere for any rugby game "

Haven't been there for a game in years - good call
    I'm assuming they have Stan?

vCash
    It's on FTA so lots of venues might have it. But JB's is as good as any and better than most.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Look, I get that speed is a great thing.... can't affort to be too conservative.
    I've said a couple of times earlier in 2021 that I thought Kahui kicked in behind the line a bit when through hands looked the go. It now looks like what was missing was a class finisher to read it with the speed to pull it off. But I Reckon the Ponies will expect it too. Can they counter it, though?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast