Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Force List 2022 speculation

vCash
    The CEO mentioned in the member's bar that Thrush, Kahui and Holmes (I think it was those 3) are all playing next year, but spending time coaching the academy.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    We would be crazy not to be looking at bringing Tizzano back. The kid is highly talented and will be a Wallaby soon. I like Koteka, but Tizzano's ceiling is higher.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    The CEO mentioned in the member's bar that Thrush, Kahui and Holmes (I think it was those 3) are all playing next year, but spending time coaching the academy.
    That's great news. Good for the academy and good to have that depth/experience. Holmes in particular as THPs are in short supply.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    We would be crazy not to be looking at bringing Tizzano back. The kid is highly talented and will be a Wallaby soon. .......
    If he's not a Wallaby by next year, he'll be an Italian International.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    On The Rugby Wrap, the CEO dropped a big hint about being close to signing some returning Wallabies. But no names or positions were given.

Interestingly he said Kahui had been on the phone to these players helping promote the Force. Made me think these returning Wallabies were friends or perhaps old team mates of Richard.
    Before joining the Force last year, he played for Toshiba. I dont see any Wallabies or Aussies in the Toshiba squad.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toshiba_Brave_Lupus

Before that he played for the Highlanders.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    If he's not a Wallaby by next year, he'll be an Italian International.
    It's always a risk. I can't see Hooper hanging around after the 2023 World Cup. I'm hoping his next deal will be for two years which should see him through to then.

vCash
    Ok, so last night I covered openside, because I didn't want to have to do research and 7 was a pretty clear spot, for similar reasons, and it being nine o'clock Anzac morning I want to consider locks today.

This year we have seen thrush as the mainstay with a bit of shuffling around until timani arrived and Donaldson playing bench minutes, this has generally been really effective so there aren't any big holes. I hope thrush is downloading everything he knows into Donaldson's head as he will be the future, we also have Rodda on contract, which I assume will see thrush start less. Looking at this year I think that will reduce our power in this position, but you have to plan succession while your number one is still effective.

So essentially, you wouldn't want to sign too many locks under my premise, we will have a strong and broad implement of wallaby eligible locks already.

So would you bring back a WA born lock like Jake Ball even though it isn't really needed, it wouldn't add significantly to the starting 15 and would petty much guarantee a development player like Donaldson wound never kit up and eventually leave?

I'd say no. I think there are holes elsewhere in the team that are far more desperate to plug ad instead, we want to feed promising WA locks into our academy to learn from these guys.

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Offsiders this morning they were talking about the fact we had dispensations for these internationals as we were only a guest team in super rugby this year but next year same rules would apply to us. I don’t like the sound of the implications for next year!!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Offsiders this morning they were talking about the fact we had dispensations for these internationals as we were only a guest team in super rugby this year but next year same rules would apply to us. I don’t like the sound of the implications for next year!!
    According the CEO on The Rugby Wrap, we did get a a dispensation for internationals. But still had to fit them into our salary cap, which is the same as the other 4 teams. However the other 4 teams got a heap more money than the Force in RA Wallaby Top-ups. Thats why the Force are probably hunting returning quality Wallabies like Rhodda, who could qualify for Wallaby top-ups

He said the RA had offered the Force a 5-year franchise agreement, but the Force are asking for a perpetual agreement, like we assume NSW and QLD have. Hopefully Twiggy and Lewis can hold strong and get us an even playing field with the RA.

The CEO Tony Lewis gives some pretty straight answers in the the Wrap. Listen to the 1st half especially,.
    https://www.buzzsprout.com/843712/83...orUMLOmSz6N0z8

vCash
    Tbh I think this is the line that NSWRU and the Sydney media are going to push now that the tahs have confirmed how much they suck.

They'll push for all our internationals to have their contracts ripped up in the hope that it will weaken the force enough for the tahs to maybe get a win next year.

If Ra listen to their shit, I'd expect twiggy and Tony Lewis to respond by forcing the Aru to pay out any multi-year contract and then aggressively chase anybody we want from the other 4 teams, which is something that hodgo is on record as saying we didn't want to do.

If that was to come about, what do we really need.
    An international standard tho
    An international standard 10
    A quality centre (but given the way they've used kahui in the last 2 games could be a bench sitting utility)
    A fullback

Lock is sorted
    Fullback we could go with Jack who is Kearney's equal atm, Strachan is good off the bench, so injury cover/development is where I'd look.

Who are the quality wallaby eligible tight heads and 10s available next year?

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Lots of potential players wanted but how to fit them into a limited squad size? IF the squad size is 36 I came up with the following:

Props x 6
    Hookers x 3
    Locks x 5 (not counting FLW)
    Backrow x 6 (including FLW)
    Halfbacks x 3
    5/8s x 3 ?
    Centers x 5?
    Back 3 x 5?

Backs from 10 to 15 get a bit messy due to ability to play different positions.

vCash
    Where do we stand on Brache?

I think he needs to find alternate employment.

Player
    vCash
    I think the Backs need a recruit like "a Rodda". A Wallaby still in the prime of his career, who can be brought back from O/S. The one that comes to mind is Kerevi, and move Godwin to 13. I can 't see Kuridrani staying beyond this year unless he gets a Wallaby callup (which is doudtful).

Player
    vCash
    But signed for next year as I understand it.

Player
    vCash
    For 5/8:

Already have McIntyre signed. Is it too much of a gamble to only go for Reesjan Pasitoa and Ben Donaldson and not go for a bigger star?

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast